Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Drinking
24 Posts
I heard of someone buying own alcohol from super market (to save money) and finding it added to the mini bar bill and the signs outside said it was forbidden!! but probably depends on the hotel .
its normally same in Ireland they expect you to buy drinks in hotel or use minibar !! but I was happy enough with what there was to drink in Tunisia so I had no need to open the bottles :) Though before i had thought that I might!!!

We didn t actually have any problem with bringing our own water in to hotel. As I was sick on first day and had to stay in the room. I used up the two mini bar bottle and was in no state to go downstairs so my partner got me a 2l bottle to drink with medication and no one said anything (maids must have seen it).

But in future I might buy the duty free on the way out as it was a bit troublesome to carry the 2x bacardis all the way from Dublin to Tunsia and back. It costs just a little extra in Tunisian dutyfree!!! (€1.50 more) which is ok but perfumes and make up are not that cheap !!!
Get the duty free off the plane as your going in .. i get my tabbaco , it usually cost me about £20 for 10 large packets . and a bottle of bacardi and a bottle of vodka where £16 for both .
I d pay the extra €1.50 (90p)to avoid lugging it to Tunisia and back but then again they are just for presents not for my own use abroad!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.