General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
the simple answer is yes but it's not as simple as that!

According the official website run by the NHS (there are plenty of unofficial ones that will charge you) to get a child's card you have to do it as an application for the parent but each then gets a separate card. The parents should apply for the whole family, since they are free it doesn't matter if they won't all need one.
oh dear, we are off on our holiday in less than a week, totally forgot about the EHIC card, just renewed it online.... any idea how long it takes? Says up to 10 days, so it would be a long shot for it to come before friday when we leave for the airport (overnight stay in hotel before a morning flight). Feeling a bit silly now. :(

Obviously we've got our insurance, just hoping its not that much of a disaster not having the EHIC card with us whilst on holiday.....

not a lot i can do about it now, done what i can. need reassuring it will all be ok lol!! lesson learnt.
Got mine a few weeks back in under a week, fingers crossed you could be lucky :tup
Hi Bev .... if the card doesn't arrive in time and you require assistance while abroad, you can ring the EHIC Overseas Healthcare Team in the UK on +44 191 218 1999. Hopefully they should be able to provide any clinic or hospital with the required details of your EHIC.

David :wave
Am I right in assuming that you need this card for a baby?
Yes Helen, everyone should have their own EHIC.

Any ideas how I do it for the baby then. When I put her date of birth in it say's applicant must be 16 or over :que
Looks like i'm going to have to apply for a new card for hubby (even though he doesn't need one), as the main applicant can't be under 16. I can then add the baby on to hubby's application. I only applied for a renewal on mine last week too :duh
This is so confusing. I sent for a new card for hubby yesterday online, and put the baby down on his application as a dependent. I gave my C/card details as it was going to cost £14.99. This morning I've received an email from there saying that applicant so and so (hubby's full name) already has an existing card and it isn't ready for renewal. No mention of the baby at all, so now I have no idea if the baby's is being processed or if the whole order has been cancelled :think
Marlou ... the EHIC is free of charge. It sounds as if you haven't gone through the official EHIC/NHS website, linked to on page 1 of this topic.

The way it was showing on the website was because I wanted one before it had expired I had to pay for it :que
hi...it never costs me anything I phone them...have renewed them ...and asked for replacements when I couldnt find them....no problem...no charge....but if you do it on the net you get charged..phone number I think I got from the gov site.tweetie
Just tried to apply for one for the baby again to see, and it say's applicant already exists so I take that to mean they have processed her one. I will wait a week and see if I get one through the post. Thanks guys.
Marlou ... this is the official website:
https://www.ehic.org.uk/Internet/startApplication.do

Is that the one you used and paid money to ? There are other unofficial websites with similar URLs.

No David :duh
Should have read this thread more closely. That'll teach me :(
You could try asking for a refund and they haven't provided the service you paid for. Check if there are any contact details on the site you used and read the T&C's if you haven't already.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.