General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
From what I can remember, I applied online to renew our cards around 2- 3 weeks ago, but I still haven't received them. I decided to re apply earlier(around 3.30pm) and right at the end of the application, it asked did I want to receive notification by e mail that my application had been received. Up until now, I haven't received it. I just wondered is the confirmation usually immediate, or in a couple of days time?
NOt sure Helen and I'm sorry I can't check for you as I clean my e-mail folders regularly.
I applied to renew our cards last week and asked for email confirmation,received it within about 3 hours.Have not received the cards yet. :cheers Paula
mine took 10 days but i do live in the sticks
24 hours on and still no confirmation e mail. Shall I hang on for a week and see if it arrives, or apply through another website? I've got plenty of time, as we don't go until August. What would you suggest?
Hi Helen ... I have processed several online applications and renewals for family and friends in recent months. Emails always arrived within 24 hours. Cards have always arrived within 4-5 days. If two of your online applications now appear to have been delayed or lost, it may be worth giving them a ring, contact details can be found on page 1 of this topic.

David :wave
Helen was this the website you used. I can't remember how long it took for the confirmation e-mail to come through but I got our new cards in 6 days.
Yes Shirley that's the one. I'll wait until the middle of next week and then give them a ring if they haven't come. I was going to apply for cards for my son & family today, but I don't fancy entering 5 lots of information, and then not getting the cards :que
When I renewed mine last year, I did it all over the telephone. It was an automated service and was very simple. Just entered in the existing numbers and all the information was there. Got all 3 of ours within 5 days if I remember correctly. It was odd not speaking to a real person, and I was slightly apprehensive, but there was no problems. Hopefully just a glitch in the system and they will come through no problems next week.
I had to get a new one when I got married - ordered it over the phone and it took about 3 weeks to arrive, which seemed a bit slow!
You have to pay to re-new them :yikes . I dont think I paid for the 1st one?, its been that long I cant remember
can someone please enlighten me?

thanks

abby
if you go to the direct.gov website it is free, if you have clicked a link to an agent then the will charge what they like [same applies to passport renewals]
Thankyou, what a way to make money!! disgraceful!!

abby
The link in the first post on page 1 of this topic is to the Department of Health's official EHIC website. Applications and renewals processed via that website are free of charge. There are numerous other independent business websites which charge to process EHIC applications. Many of them try to disguise themselves as the official EHIC website, and obviously succeed as lots of travellers have been needlessly paying for EHICs which are free of charge through official channels.

We didn't realise until today that our EHIC cards have expired,we fly to Spain on Sunday.I applied to renew them straight away but obviously we are not expecting the to arrive in time,does anybody know what would happen if we needed medical aid.We do have travel insurance and a credit card with quite a bit of credit,thanks for any advice.
I think you would be fine Tina. The EHIC entitles you to emergency treatment under the same conditions that the locals of that country get treated (similar to our NHS). If you can't produce a card, you'd probably have to pay up front, keep receipts and claim the money back through your insurance. Don't forget to contact your insurers as soon as you become ill though and don't wait until you get back as they need to issue you with advice to follow.
Hi OSCARBEN ... if you require assistance while in Spain, you can ring the EHIC Overseas Healthcare Team in the UK on +44 191 218 1999. Hopefully they might be able to provide any clinic or hospital with the necessary details of your EHIC. Not sure if it might be worth having a word with your insurer to let them know about your delayed application and the absence of a new card before departure, as possession of a valid EHIC is a condition of some policies.

WARNING

On the subject of needlessly paying for EHICs, please be aware that some adverts being tagged to this topic by Google are not for the official EHIC website. If you follow links in any of those adverts, you will most likely be charged for your EHIC. To obtain your free EHIC via the official website, please only use the link in the first post on page 1 of this topic.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.