Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Mine is sitting on my own on the patio at Keisha in Anjuna very early in the morning with my coffee watching and listening to the birds and monkees in the trees, or watching the sunset from the beach whilst sipping a cocktail, there nothing like a Goan sunset! :D I could go on forever I have so many lovely memories from Goa
Getting arrested for being on the national highway without a crash helmet and bartering with the police about how much the fine would be
:rofl
If thats your favourite memory I hate to think of your others! Come on- tell us more :)
it's quite amusing reading this after just been out for a couple and telling tales about Goa......one of mine is just typical of us Brits who try to out do ourselves whilst there - you know the ones if you've bought something for 50 rups they've got it for 10.......at the chemist on the last night home just getting the necessary yellow tablets to quell any stomach troubles at Dabolim - guy in front of me starts telling "you only buying that you should see what i'm taking home.....pays for my next trip ..... blah blah blah"

Bleary eyed and tired in the queue at Dabolim next morning my suitcase went through the X-ray and then person behind me did the same -Customes Man : "Stop!!! - Whose suitcase is this....." gentleman says it's his - it was the same guy from the chemist - all his "goods" had shown through the x-ray ........ "what about her" he claims..."she was in the chemist last night - search her bag...." "Madam please proceed to check -in - Sir come with me" .....

Not a nice experience I know but a memory of what us Brits are so guilty of when we're there........
favourite memorty:

going to our friends childs confirmation and their basbys christening in the church by coco beach.

We went onto a party afterwards which was great but spoilt by by the other brits cry of LOOK MAUREEN THEY'VE GOT CHIPS!

again said couple in a church wearing tiny tops and shorts (wheres the respect!)

Other than that a fantastic day topped off the following by having to wake dominic up in his shack so we could get a sunbed lol.

Think to this day hais wife thinks I got him drunk!

Cant have been that bad, we go in november to her brothers wedding.
Lovely to read these again Fiona :) , especialy those from members who haven't posted for a while, hope they haven't lost their love of Goa :wave:
x lassi
so meny memorys it is hard to pick but whent to the waterfalls the first time we whent to goa
and it was magic seeing the monkeys :) liz
Hi all :wave:
One of my many favourite memories is sitting at breakfast in the Santiago in Baga
hearing a russle and a very agresive monkey jumped down out of a tree
It was not cute and cuddly by any means It barred its teeth and ran round terrified
I jumped up got on the chair and was nearly crying.and what was my OH doing
getting his camera out and taking a picture :rofl :rofl
we have laughed about it loads over the years
Pat :cheers
just thought of a funny memory
once my husband was feeding a couple of dogs some biscuits on calangute high street,he turned round coz i was laughing so much ,there were 3 cows all lined up behind him with the mouths open,all waiting to get a biscuit,so he had to feeds the dogs and cows in turn and it was the one time we went out without our camera,it would of made a great shot
well you know you should listen to mummy but you can allways share our photos
they have so meny happy memorys :rofl
Loads of happy memories - too many to mention but I will say that during my recent visit in November I DID get a wonderful surprise that was totally unexpected. When we first went to Goa in 1999 we stayed at the Silent Retreat (now Neelams) and as most of us here have done over the years, we made a lot of friends amongst the staff. One lad in particular became a good friend and in turn we have got to know all the family too, lovely people they are too. After 3 years he announced that he had been fortunate to be offered a stewards post with P & O cruises. He asked us to please still visit the family even though he would not be around and we have continued to do this. Well, to cut a long story short 7 more years have past and I happened to be talking about him to his old F & B Manager (from the Silent) and was saying Oh I would love to see Menino, hope he is well, don't suppose I will recognise him now etc etc. Later that night I got a strange text message, it was very odd - the person seemed to know my name etc but I thought it's just some joker having a laugh so turned the phone off. Next morning I got a call from "this man" who seemed to know far too much about me and he eventually said "you know who I am we have known each other a very long time" - I twigged then that it was our friend Menino; (he had bumped into his old manager the previous night who informed him I was in Goa)! we arranged to meet up and I spent most of that day with him, visiting both his family and his fiance. He is getting married on 24th May and I would so love to attend but not sure if it's possible at the moment. It was such a lovely surprise and I was in shock all day :rofl The only thing I could kick myself for was I forgot to take my camera with me that day so didn't get any up to date pics - what a numptie :duh :duh Anyhow just thought I would share this with you, as it has made (for me) yet another lovely memory from Goa. Fizz
lovely story and I hope you can make the wedding :)
Loved looking through this one again- especially as its a howling gale here!
In the old days, years ago,their used to be things called shacks on the beaches, everyone used them, the food was marvelous, they were the highlight of most peoples Goan experience, whatever happened to them ??? I'm off on Monday but I dont suppose I'll see any nowadays
Alan
Gramps,

With you all the way.We leave on the 23rd for a week and wonder whether the shacks will be up.

Nevertheless we have decided we will have a great time anyway.

Great re-reading all the good experiences after so much doom and gloom lately.

Congrats to Fiona for reviving all the threads that make us log on every day.

Looking forward to re-visiting the Shacks thread,The restaurant thread.....etc...etc

Despite all the bad news coming out of Goa at the moment I bet this is one of the most visited forums on HT.

Papa
Just a post script to my earlier (much) story regarding meeting up with an old friend............sadly the wedding was called off, the prospective bride got cold feet and it therefore did not go ahead. I will find out what the repercussions of this tale were when I return later this month...........I suppose the good thing is she decided to pull out before rather than after the event :shrug Sad though as I know our friend would have been very upset. Fizz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.