Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Same here goanluv :cry: Been trying for ages to think of my favourite memory of Goa, but with so many, how can you :!:
How it transforms my normaly" Grumpy Old Man" into someone who hasn't a care in the world.
Come on Tony one of your favourite's then :wink:
OK Callumn, will do one very shortly, just for you :wink:
Its the first place i have got my husband to go back to
more than 4times and just relax and let the world go by,
its a long wait untill next Jan but we shall be there once
again. :lol: :lol:
ANN
I have so many lovely memories it's hard to choose a favourite. However, there's one sight I will never forget. Stayed in Baga a few years ago and we were invited by a lovely Goan lady to her house for lunch. She lived with her hubbie (who spoke no English) and son who was about 17 in a lovely traditional Goan house. We had a really nice time and they were really hospitable. After the food my in laws - who are cracking rock n rollers were teaching the young lad how to rock n roll and in return he was teaching them the latest "Goan moves". My hubbie, who is a useless dancer, stepped in after a while and "moonwalked" the full length of the room. The lad was very impressed and insisted the hubbie teach him how to do it. At sunset we walked to our car and turned to look back at the house to wave. The sun was setting behind the house, the palm trees were swaying and there were a few pigs and hens in front of the porch. It was a beautiful peaceful setting. Then, out of nowhere, the old guy, who had never left his chair all afternoon, appeared out of nowhere and moonwalked the full length of the front porch. Will never forget it.
Watching my first Goan sunset with my 11yr old step daughter on Mobor beach in 2003. I'd never seen her so happy on any of the previous holidays we'd been on. The present she gave me on our last night, an empty shampoo bottle from the Leela Palace that she filled with sand and put her drinking straw in and told me never to throw it away, every time I look at it it always reminds me of such a fantastic time we had on our first trip and how those two weeks gave me the Goan bug, thank god there's no cure for it! :D
Well that was worth the wait Tony great post :) (Sim's made me laugh too :) ) I think whenever I need a smile I shall read this thread :)
totally agree lassigirl, mine actualy laughs in Goa - a real laugh!!
sitting in Bobbys cold kingfisher in hand watching the sunset or the first time on the beech seeing a line of cows walking on the mats so they dont burn their feet where else in the world ?
GoadMad Tony - Do you still have the shampoo bottle???
Hiya Jules, yes I still have it! I would never get rid of it, it means to much to me with the circumstanes that now surround it. It's the most presious present that I've ever been given and has pride of place in the house :D Tony.
Have you noticed how many posts involve sunsets and alcohol :lol:
and why not tj? :lol:
Anyone got any more Goa memories to add? Help to cheer us all up :D
Seeing my boyfriend's face as we travelled from the airport (our first trip to Goa) to our hotel... he had his head out of the window of the bus for the whole journey, he was speechless.
Many years ago the Government closed all the shacks over Christmas until New Years Eve tea-time. On Christmas Day the shacks were up but no beds or umbrellas, no food or drinks were being served - quite a miserable time for all. We then used the Big Banana shack at the bottom of CSM road which was no where as busy as it is now. Francis the owner came to us and said - Put the chairs inside the empty shack to keep out of the sun - the tape player is in the kitchen, there are plenty of drinks in the fridge - help yourself and put the money in the teapot and with that he went home.
We all had a very good afternoon thanks to Francis and EVERYONE - put the money in the tea pot - infact too much but what a show of trust - one that all of us who were there will never forget.
The next day he arranged a boat trip and BBQ upto Morjim and once again a could have been miserable Boxing Day was brilliant. The memory of that was one of the very young boys who worked in the shack had never been on a boat before and asked if he could come. When we stopped for lunch we were all getting out of the boat by waiting until the water came back from the beach then jumping onto the sand. He didn't know what we were doing so when it came to his turn he just jumped but unfortunately the water was coming in and he disappeared under it and all we could see was his cap floating away. Everyone jumped in to get him but he appeared laughing his head off & said he only did it to get a new baseball cap from my friend which he said he had had his eye on all trip.
Sitting in the Flying Dolphin watching the sun set over Calangute Beach :D
One of my most favourite memories is seeing Turtles hatch in February 2006 at Agonda beach. Brought tears to my eyes because it was so moving :cry:
Gosh so many, train journey to Hospet, Hampi, the country walk to Anjuna, spending the day at Cliff's shack, Sunset on Baga beach, people watching at Calengute steps(from the Asia......................................... :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.