Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Fiesta Hotel Tanit
232 Posts
I'm just having a mooch about in all the forums and came across this thread.

I holidayed here at the age of 15 way back in 1986. :D Wimbledon was on at the time so most days loads of people disappeared into the TV lounge to watch. Boris Becker won that year, amongst others, so the Germans staying there were very happy.

It wasn't AI back then (nowhere was!) but we had half board. My age was a sticking point and my parents were quite strict with me. I made some friends there and snuck out of my room (my brother age 16 and I had rooms to ourselves that year for the first and last time - that was the last hol with all of us) to go to the disco in the basement and Dad clicked what I had done and came down and dragged me back upstairs. The embarrassment! :oops: So I refused to go on a boat trip next day but I never forgot it!

I also met a german lad and he wasn't best pleased about that either - wanted me to have nothing to do with him, which I didn't particularly as was the norm when you're 15! Dad still had hang ups about WWII. :roll:

Anyway, visited again in 1998 when we were staying at apartments nearby (for the eve entertainment) and it seemed disappointing and not many english at that time. Seems it's now back on track and popular all round.

Carry on................ just me reminiscing about my childhood holidays!

Oh yes, and as you walk down to Cala Gracio there used to be a lovely bar (not the bar on the beach which I presume is still there) but with lovely rocky terraces which we used to go to for a drink after dinner most evenings. When I went back in 1998 there was nothing there, which was a shame.
re
Thankyou so much for all the information. 4 weeks and 5 days to go!! I cant wait. Im packed already. lol.
Stayed at the Tanit twice (20000 &2003) Could not fault the place and that was before the reovations.
Staying at the San An Bay area in June but shall make a trip around to my favorite Hotel

Robert
Hi we're staying here in July. Can you tell me if the ferries run from Cala Gracio beach, or do you have to travel to San Antonio to catch them? Also, how far is the Tanit away from the Sunset bars?
Thank you
The tanit is just a short five minute walk to the first set of sunset bars such as Kanya and coastline, another five minutes and you will get to mambo, savahna, cafe del mar etc.

Cala Gracio is just a short walk through the grounds of the Tannit so you dont need to get a water taxi, unfortunately the water taxis that operate between the bay and the town dont go as far as Cala Gracio as far as i am aware.
Thanks lukey

Only 2 more weeks before we head out to stay at the Nautilus, is the weather good there at the moment :D
weather is lovely, maximum of 27 degress at the moment, here is a link to a site which gives real time weather
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=ibiza
Hi, has anyone recently come back from the Tanit, if so i was just wondering is the entertainment still being held inside, also what did you think of hotel,

Thanks
Sharon
2 weeks to go! i cant wait, im all packed and the luggage is waiting by the door. lol. Is anyone else going in 2 weeks?
we go in 6 weeks was wondering if they serve cider?
cant wait to hear the latest reports
re
Hi deckchairlady, as soon as i come back i will let you know about the cider. Hopefully they do as thats all my cousin can drink. Lol.
We go tomorrow and we are definately all packed and ready to go :D

Will let you know about the cider. Never been to an AI that has served it before, but you never know
Hi Olliesbabe we were at Tanit last year I don't think they did serve cider as part of the AI as I recall we used to end up in the bar just up the road as one of the group we met up with liked her cider. We had some really good nights up there usually after the AI drinks finished at the Tanit at about midnight. You didn't mind spending a few euros as you could go all day without using money at the hotel.
Hope you enjoy it. We did
Got cider on AI at magic group of hotels in benidorm.
hi just got back today.
great holiday,and hotel.
dont know if they serve cider never saw any.
Hi All

Just got back from the tanit yesterday. Wonderful place, will post a full review when I get rid of all the washing and ironing :x

Laney 8)
Please could you tell me if there is a dress code for dinner. Do gentlemen have to wear long trousers?
Hi Flaming Pie

No dress code for dinner apart from no bare feet and no swimwear. There were a couple of incidents where men went to the main bar inside with nothing on the to half and were refused until they covered up, although the pool bar is fine.

Anything else I can help you with let us know

Have a lovely time, we did

Laney :D
Laney, thanks for the informative reply. I've heard so many good things about this hotel and can't wait until Monday when we go.

One further question, are there safes for hire in your room?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.