Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Fiesta Hotel Tanit
232 Posts
hi sharonz
i didnt like the beach,but i,m not a beach lover,feel sea sick just looking at the sea :lol: its a small cove but there was room to move it wasnt overcrowded.the hotel was very clean,nicely furnished very good air cond.
cleaners and staff were constantly cleaning.the pools were cleaned every eve,and early morning spotless!no problem with teens or yobbish behaviour,but the hotel staff seemed to be strict on no noise after 12,by 1 am the hotel was really silent(maybe we were on a quiet floor)but we were usually in bed by 11 30/12 00.during the day it was very busy and loud but not in an uncomfortable way.sunbeds nightmare people sit in chairs in the spot they want from 7 am!beds are unlocked at 8 and then people were reserving 10 or more.we had a good time,i think maybe the hotels enforcing rules due to previous problems?dont think i would go back there but wouldnt rule it out in the future. food and drinks really good as well
hi everyone

If anyone is interested in this hotel I've got a few pics from our stay of the beach and location which I'm happy to send so just pm me with your email address.

Sharon the location is lovely - I'm not a beach fan either, can't be doing with sand stuck to everything ! But the beach is gorgeous, very safe and shallow with still water and you can walk out quite far without it going past waist height.

You can also walk around the rocks to the tiny cala gracionetta beach which is really beautiful.

I think you have the best of both worlds here as san an is only a 15 min walk or 3 mins in a cab. It's not "in the sticks" so to speak! You can order a cab at reception and they came within 5 mins. But on the other hand you have a quiet location and could be miles from the hustle and bustle.
Also the hotel had the option of the second pool area nearer the beach end which is quiter and more relaxing.

I can't wait for my turn and will let you know how we find it this year, but certainly had no complaints last year.
23 sleeps now :D

caroline
don't forget the aqua shoes if you go near the rocks in the water. There were quite a few of the black urchins there a couple of years ago, my daughter trod on one (just take a needle and get some oil from the restaurant to hook them out with). The sandy bits are fine as is the little beach around the corner.
there were also a lot of jelly fish in the sea,kids were catching them in nets.one lad caught 23!A lot of people were complaining about the entertainment mostly previous guests as it is now indoors, the rooms not big enough and its hard to see the stage through big pillars.i didnt enjoy sitting in there but they have tables and chairs outside,and loads of people sat out there having a drink.shame really nothing the fiesta team can do about it
this is the gorg little beach round the corner if the other's not to your fancy!

http://www.eivissaweb.com/pictures-ibiza/sant-antoni/beaches/cala-gracioneta/

caroline
Has anyone recently stayed at the Hotel Fiesta Tanit in Cala Gracio? I am on an endless holiday search. I am trying to find out just how small the beach is, we are thinking of next June and do not want a beach that you cannot find a space on? Is there snorkling there too?
and how good is the actual hotel. Also, is the are safe for children? Thanks for any insight.
have a look here for the thread on the hotel.
Here are our reviews
Thanks - I had gone there first, just wanted some extra information.
We had a week at the Tanit mid July. The beach is lovely my 8 yr old son loved it. You can bob about on a lilo as there is hardly any current and it is quite shallow. We always got a spot near to the water mid July so June should be no problem. Yes you could do your own snorkelling no problem. There is actually two small beaches first one down steps from hotel and the other around the top of the rocks, this one is very small but nice and they both have lovely beach bars - although not part of the A. I.
The first beach also has a lifeguard on duty. The hotel is good, very clean, good food, the only down side for us was the dubious behaviour of other guests, mailny teens not kept in place, but please do not take this to heart as we were there peak season and it is just one of those things. Now when I think back there were more positives than negatives. Value for money - book it !!
Thanks for the info everyone. I have now booked for the beginning of June, i cant wait. If anyone wants to go then, thompson are doing a really good deal at the moment, its too good to miss!
we have just booked for the 30th june what was the good deal then?
i cant believe the deal we got, i have to admitt my cousin got a little bit extra off, but at 16, dead on for 2 adults and 2 children we could not refuse. did you get a good deal for the end of june?
Got back from the tanit on saturday - had a fantastic holiday as expected. Everything just as good as last year - food gorgeous, hotel clean in every area, room lovely, staff great (especially entertainment staff)... and what amazing weather 8)

I know some people were worried about roudy english behaviour - let me put your minds at rest! The only incidents noted in our 2 wks were not caused by the english if you get my drift - our hol clashed with a continental school holiday which might explain it ! ( don't all jump on my back ranting - I only speak as I find as did others over the summer :lol: )

Staff have so much time for you if you get to know them, pico is a star and who couldn't love him?!, we didn't met DJ as he's left for the season, Nikki goes this week, leaving amidou, natasha, ruth and pico.

Try to arrange any trips yourself, thomson charge a fortune for the same. Unfortunetly the aquaparc is closed now - try the 3 hr glass bottom cat instead! 17e adults and 8e for kids I think, but you might get a free kid :shock: you know what I mean!

Kids already pestering to book for next year - friends they met have already booked for same time 07 and we met lots of other return travellers which is always good news.

I think Jo Jo is still waiting to go out next week - is she the last for this year? Sorry not had time to write a proper report yet but any queries let me know if I can help.

caroline
Just returned this morning from Fiesta Tanit. What a FANTASTIC holiday! I was worried (as previously posted!) re unruly teenagers etc but worries were unfounded. I dont know if it was due to being late in the season (i.e. October half-term week) but there was no rowdiness to speak of. Our whole party (me, husband, our 2 kids aged 8 and 5 and my mum & dad who are 60+) thought the food was gorgeous, fantastic choice, the things that were meant to be hot - were, the selection was amazing - a 'special' dish each evening for dinner, plus a huge choice of similar dishes each evening. The breakfasts were also delicious, and the lunches too. Lovely red or white wine and beer. Great machines serving coffee/hot chocolate etc. Nice orange juice in the mornings. (but only found the sangria on the second but last night unfortunately!). Found all the restaurant staff were friendly, but as someone else mentioned they are extremely busy. Rooms - lovely spacious room, useful air-conditioning - we had hot sunny weather for the entire week so we made good use of air-con. Pool areas - the 'loud' pool (i.e. with music playing most of the day) was lovely, cleaned every morning and evening, lots of sunbeds to go round - didnt see anyone queueing - but i'm sure in the Summer they do. Also loved the other 'quiet' pool, we spent the mornings at the loud pool and afternoons at the quiet pool. Walked to the beach a couple of days - there were jellyfish present, however when we walked over the rocks to the small bay round the corner, the sea was clear and warm, with no jellyfish. Beautiful!

Now to the entertainment team - when we were there it was Pico (what a star - everybody loved him - he gives it 150% - fantastic), Ruth (my daughter loved her - she was also great) and Amandou (sorry, cant remember if i've spelt his name right) - also brilliant. Kids loved the nightly mini-disco and us sad parents loved the Bingo! We found the entertainment was good too, typical of a normal hotel really, but good fun all the same.

My daughter just came to me crying ( :shock: ) saying she wants to go back next year - she says it is the best holiday she's ever had - when you consider we went to Disneyworld earlier this year, that must be saying something!!

Thanks to everyone on this great website who answered my questions and put my mind at rest.

Jo Jo

(sorry, just realised i should have written this under a 'review' and not in the discussion part - blame the tiredness for that!)
Hi Jo Jo

Please feel free to copy and paste your review into our Hotel Reviews site.

Glad you had a good time.

luci :wave
hi jo jo

so pleased you all had a fantastic time - I know we can't fault the place.
Pico is just amazing isn't he?! He's definately there next year which is a plus - my kids are also pestering for me to book next years so no doubt we will be back !

thinking of you now you're drowning in holiday washing :lol:

caroline
:D What a wonderfull hidden gem this turned out to be , we have just spent 2 weeks at this hotel and would go back and are planning to return, from our initial booking in to our departure this hotel left nothing out!
food : excellent , amazing choices , breakfast went from full english to fresh fruits, cereals, cheeses, salads you name it it was there.
Lunch: had a huge variety of anything you could imagine , soups, pastas, potatoes, salads, chips , everything
Dinner: different choice every night , there was a choice of 3/4 different kind of meats every night , and puds to die for ( recommend the rice pudding ) if anyone found fault then all i can say is that i would be flabbergasted...
hotel was excellent friendly and staff always there at your beckon call they could not do enough for you, , everywhere was cleaned constantly and everyone who worked there was so obliging!
pool area's immaculate , i have been to many hotels all over the world and the Fiesta Tanit waters in the pools were of the warmest i have ever tried, the kids loved it ( as did most the adults )
we took a daily 25 min stroll in to Ibiza twon everyday , it was a very pleasant walk and after a week we discovered if you ventured down a track by the hotel just around the corner from the Tanit not only could you walk near the sea but it also cut your journey by 10 mins , very beautiful walk .
also at the bottom of the road where the fiesta tanit is there is an Aquarium , 10 euros i think it costs and is worth a look , the fish were amazing.
the nightly entertainment was brilliant , the shows the team put on were fantastic and when they did the Lion King my 13 year old daughter cried ( awwwwww) . Pico? what a star as was all the team , where does he get his energy from , i was watching this guy whilst he was eating his dinner , and the kids wouldnt even leave the poor guy alone to eat NOW THAT IS DEDICATION! so hopefully that will tell you how impressive they all was. ( welldone team )
games by the pools for both adults and children during the day? sooooo funny , and if you won? even funnier as you had to get on stage infront of everyone and do a mad dance , was funny and thank goodness i never won any games hahaha.
We also did a few trips , they are cheaper if you book them yourself, would recommend the train trip and a boat trip, very inexpensive but very worth it .
on the whole? an amazing holiday a fantastic hotel and very under-rated is a def 4 star plus and thats just on the staffing :-)
hope you find this useful
province you must be very fit if you strolled the 22 kilometres to ibiza town in only 25 minutes and every day!
i really meant the local town not Ibiza Town , so sorry , and stop being cheeky :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.