Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Fiesta Hotel Tanit
232 Posts
Hi flaming pie

Safes are in the rooms as caroline says and you do need a 4 digit code to program them (choose your own code) we paid 38 euros for 2 weeks but you get 6 euros back at the end of your stay (i think)

Have an ace time I wish we could swop places we would go back tomorrow

Laney
Hi

Forgot to say caroline I agree 100% pico should be available on prescription what a tonic
Him and DJ provide the perfect double act. Ant & Dec watch out!!!!
Deckchair lady, please let me know if you received my reply, don't know if you received it or not

Laney
no i havnt could you please pm me
Hi deckchair lady

tried to pm you but am not sure how to do it so....
1. sunbeds - my hubby had to be down at the pool at 7 but hotel was full due to school holidays so hopefully be a bit less full now.
2. alcohol - most brands available (spanish) and are very generous with the measures (had to dilute mine with more pop)
3. evening meal - restaurant opens at 6.30 and was a bit mad but we didn't have to wait for a table (although a few people we met had to who ate later)
4. entertainment - day time absolutely fab night time kids mini disco followed by the entertainment team doing various shows (depends on your own personal requirements)

we would return tomorrow, but all depends on what you want from your holiday

Anything else I can help you with please let me know

Laney
Hi all, got back a couple of days ago. Had a great time. Hotel was kept lovely and clean. Only problem was that the french at the other hotel, where the nice pool is did not like us using it, so no one from hotel tanit can use it now. Which is wrong really considering in the thomson book it says you can use the pool. Also they used our pool which made it impossibble to get a sunbed!!!
The food was good, only problem i found was they did not really cater for young children, pizza every day and the occasional chicken nuggett. Also they do not supply juice for young children. they do have a juice machine in the resturant but you can not get to it outside opening times, also it was always breaking down, so the only thing to do is buy a bottle of juice from the shop and keep making your own. Also if you are an early riser, you can not get a cup of tea or coffee until the resturant opens, as they take all the cups in for the outside machine. The thompson rep did not know a lot, she could not even give us the correct directions to get into san antonio, do not use the hotel washing machine!!! not only is it old and rusty, but it also makes small holes in clothes. I did inform the rep, but all she said was well it is a free service!!! The reps were hardly around anyway. For all you lager drinkers, there is no lager only beer, it is very strong, so if you like lager do what we did, take your own into the hotel. It is quite cheap in the supermarket. Also buy your ciggys at gatwick, as the hotel does not sell them. the only place near the hotel to buy them is in a little bar down the road from the hotel. San antonio is the only place you can buy 200+, for all you shoppers out there, i found some great bargins in san antonio.
As for Pico and Dj, all i can say is fantastic, it was dj and picos birthdays while i was there and they both got thrown in the pool. Not before the women stripped pico tho!!! i have photos, lol
if you want any more info please ask. :D
Hi there

Just got back from the travel agents and booked for next year :sun

10 months to go and counting!!!!
:? Just booked a late deal fly out Sept 26th the Tanit is one of three hotels i will be staying in.... Just read the reviews and they aren't very good :?
Hi kat225club

I have found the recent reviews worrying too.
We stayed at the tanit in may and had a brilliant time, the only thing we did find a bind was the sunbed situation (which has been mentioned in the reviews) It was a bit of a nightmare especially as they have stopped you making use of the pool at the next door hotel. We met lots of lovely people some of whom were on their 3rd and 4th time there, so can't be that bad can it??
Anyway, try and go with an open mind
Let me know how you get on
Laney 8)
Hi
Forgot to mention, we have booked for next year, so am really hoping the place hasn't gone down hill :?
hi

I have been to the tanit the last couple of years running, and have also been keeping an eye on the reports( although not going this year :cry: )

I think that historically the tanit always receives mostly negative reviews during the peak school hols season. The theme seems to be busy,noisy,no room round the pool, dining room packed etc etc. Don't mistake me - I 100% believe these guests but I have always said I would never go here in the summer hols as this is not how we know and love the tanit. (I know some people can't choose to go term time, but thats another subject!)
Just a quick look at some other large med family hotels and recent reviews are similar ..."sunbed olympics" "7am for a sunbed" "sunbed fights" "noisy" "busy" "full of kids" etc .

Friends went in july (second visit after we recommended it) and I know the French having sole use of the bottom pool (while still having freereign of everything else) is definetely a negative and is having a knock on effect round the main pool obviously. I was gutted when I heard that arrangement and can't see it's fair in any way! We lived at that pool!!

But if you are booked for out of peak season please don't be worried, we adore this hotel and would happily return. We couldn't fault the staff, food, location, price, anything!

Wish i had a latedeal for the tanit :D
:D Thanks Caroline I've read the reports again and i now feel much better. Your right.... Why go to a big hotel peak season then complain about noise and it being busy etc. Liek i say i do feel better and cant wait to get to ibiza, Thanks again x
well after everything I said about no money to go this year and buying a tent .... guess who's got a late deal to the tanit ??!! Thanks to the MIL as I am going with her!! :D

Off for the first 2 weeks in Oct for a good price, I think, of £1450 for 2 adults and 2 kids. Glad I booked when I saw it as not available an hour later! And another option of another airport I was watching - that price changed several times that day!

I will miss my "posh" pool but will let you know what I think when I get back - we were there exactly same 2 weeks 2006 so should get a fair comparison.

Anyone booking a thomson hol use the code 00000671 and you get £50.01 off!! not sure if this just for 07 though.
Looking forward to Caroline getting back to read her review.

7 months to go until we go back and counting!!!!! 8)
i'm back!!

to put minds at rest ....... had a fantastic time, will 100% be returning and wish was still there - I'm freezing :shock:

to be brief cos still drowning in washing -

*Overcrowding not a problem at all- still would only go out of high season though as pool / terrace areas not huge. sunbeds always available, always seats in dining and entertainment rooms, no queueing

*no real probs with the french ( only trouble-makers were a few of the other "non-uk" guests if you understand me - saw some disgusting behavour from them )

*french tour op lookea voyages are def NOT returning next year...thats not to say fiesta won't let out to another operator though

*we got our "posh pool" back from last sat as the french season ended!

* met loads of fantastic people, especially all our scottish friends who were great entertainment! Little jack - we miss you x

* fiesta entertainers amazing big thanks to pico, amidou, steff, lou and chris

anything I can help with let me know and I'll post some full reviews later
Welcome back Caroline glad to hear you had a great time :tup
Glad you are back caroline!!

So please you had a fab time and great news about the french hotel.

Fingers crossed that we will have access to your "posh pool" next may

Laney 8)
Hi there we are going to stay at the Tanit in May next year roundabout half term week i think, taking my 14 year old daughter with us. If anyone else going out there roundabout the same time, please let me know. Have been reading all the comments regarding the pool siuation, lets hope it is rectified by next May.

Jane
Hi Jane

We are also staying at the tanit next may. We fly out the 31st for two weeks. This will be our second time there, although last time we went a week earlier. It was a bit manic around the pool but this didn't spoil our holiday at all. Must admit though am hoping that nobody will be at the hotel next door this time so we can have use of that pool as well.
Fingers crossed

Laney 8)
Hi Laney,

We actually go on 23rd May so we'll be there a few days before you arrive, really looking forward to going. We,ll look out for you on the holiday. C u there hopefully.

Take care

Jane
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.