Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Mark & Diane,

I have emaild you both with the information you requested.
Many thanks Hayal

I will have a look and will be in touch with you when we are ready to proceed.
Hi Mark,

If Concorde can not assist you with your requirements ask them someone who can help you with or contact a professional. Seems there are few around here. By doing this you will also get away with the language barrier. However I am surprised that you have such problem with a big reputable hotel. Maybe you have not been in touch with the right persons.

Try to contact sales & marketing or banqueting departments.

Murat
Di, there will be no problem marrying in Turkey with an age difference. My husband is younger than me, although not so much younger than me as your partner, and we had no problems with anything. He also had no problem with his settlement visa. Being that we were married for 2 years and had lived in Turkey for longer helped as well as having a child but age was never a factor. Just send everything possible with your visa documentation and you should be fine. Good luck x

Kedi
This was a very nice and positive answer, and hope it will be comforting Di.......

Cheers,
Murat
Thanks everyone,

Its nice to no that you are not the only person in the world confused and unsure about the different processes and legal requirement.

All you kind words and advice is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Di. :)
** Edit - Recommendation posted from Turkey deleted. luci HT Mod **
when we got married in turkey 3 years ago we saw the board up in the british consulates office of all the pending marriages and i would say 90% of them were older british women marrying a younger turkish man, there was quite a few of age gaps of between 15-25 years , so judging by that you should have no problems. we are both brits so dont know what other things you need to do marrying a turk, think their are blood tests involved
Once again thank you for this information. The more i am hearing the more it is putting our minds at ease. As i say, when u meet someone you dont ask to see their birth certificate. :cheers

Thanks
Diane
My daughter needed no blood tests when she married last year in Marmaris and she was so pleased. Only her Turkish then fiance needed them.Hayal good to see ur still going strong. Can recommend Hayal 100% we had a fantastic day and she organised everything while i sat at home worrying needlessly.
Thank you :) Its nice to hear from you too. I hope all is well with you and Kirsty.

Yes, it is correct that the medical centre in Marmaris as well as Fethiye only test the Turkish party if it is a foreigner getting married to a Turkish person.
Blood tests for foreigners getting married in Turkey depends on the Marriage Registrar in the town you're getting married in; some demand that tests are done, some don't bother. Here in Kusadasi, blood tests are a must.

Regarding family as witnesses, it states on the turkish consulate website that immediate family members cannot be your witness.
Blood tests are required in Bodrum too and you cannot have close family members as witnesses.
Just to clarify the witness issue, parents and sibblings cannot be witnesses but aunts, uncles and cousins can.
Hi all,

Me and my partner are planning on getting married in the last 2 week june 2010 we prob taking about 30 to 40 members of family. We are just looking some info on companys or people who can help us set it all up and what way it works has in how long to we have to be there before we can get married.

Hope some of you can help

Andrew and B
My fiancee and I are getting married in Turkey in 2009. We are thinking June as its not too hot for some of our guests.

There are a few wedding planners in Turkey which we have contacted, does anyone have any experience of them?
Hi Andrew & B

You should plan to be in Turkey at least 7 working days before you get married, to let you get your documents processed at the Consulate and arrange things with the Registrary Office in the town you are getting married in.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.