Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi, Can anyone give me help and advice on how i can marry my turkish partner. What documents i require etc etc. I live in northern ireland. Any help and advice would be appreciated. :que
Hi, I am married to a Turkish man, we got married in Bodrum 4½ years ago. All I needed was my full birth certificate, passport and my certificate of non-impediment, which you can get from your local register office. My husband needed the equivalent of a certificate of non-impediment , he got his brother to fax it over from his home town, he also needed his kimlik card. You will need to go to the British consulate to get your papers translated into Turkish and stamped then you have to go to the Governers office to get another stamp. You also have to get blood tests done and get a medical report. You have to do all this before you can book a date at the Belediye where you are planning to get married but it best to go along there first because they will give you a list of everything you need to do.

It all sounds very complicated I know but you can get it all done in a few days if you need to, it is just a lot of rushing around.

Where are you planning to get married?

If you need to know anything else please feel free to ask.

Kedi
Hi Kedi

thanks for your reply
we are thinking of marmaris but not really sure yet.
For the ones who are planning a wedding at a hotel, I would recommend to deal with a wedding planner, there a few out there who can serve throughout Turkey, and I am one of them.

I do not want to post and advertise my business here but try to help answering your questions as much as my time permits.

Hoteliers may not dedicate the staff to look after weddings couples all requirements but they will be more helpful with the venue. Having said that if you have a planner who can also liase with the hotel than you do not have anything to worry about and take this stress out of your chest.

Turkey is getting high on destination weddings and I very much would like to help this to be realized.

Especially for British citizens, Turkey offers a lot of great possibilities, from frequent flights between the two country, easier formalities by our government, combination of Destination wedding and honeymoon with a better value etc.

There is a British vice consulate in Antalya, whom are very helpful to both planners like myself and couples themselves.

Registrars are helpful, so wedding can take place almost everywhere and anytime....Usually weather is gentle so one does not need to have plan B or plan C and a lot goes pretty much smooth once decision is taken.

Taking this opportunity I would like to congratulate all couples decided to get married and thank the ones for choosing Turkey for their Big Day.

Murat
hi can anyone help me.

I have been with my partner for 18 months and we have an excellent relationship. We have come to the stage that we would like to marry but there is a 16 year age difference. I have hear a lot of horror stories that they will not let us marry because of this.

I do not look my age 43 and he does not look his age. In fact we look perfect together an are very happy and very much in love. I have 2 young children who love him to bits but because of my ex husband i can not move to turkey and it will mean him coming to the uk until they are older. He is not after my money cos i dont have any. Im just a normal working person

Does anyone no if they can stop us marrying and having a happy life together.
As long as you are both single and are not closely related to each other there is no reason why you cannot get married. The Turkish civil law does not have any clauses at all on age difference :)
As Hayal says there is no restriction on the age to get married in Turkey as long as single couple are also healthy in mind and can make their own decisions.
From your question one thing I did not understand, did you have a Turkish Husband and because of him you are not sure if you should get married in Turkey !

Murat
Thanks for you reply

If there is any other helpful information you can give me i would very much appreciate it.
No problem, please feel free to pm or email me if you have any specific questions.
Hi Murat

No my problem is my exhusband is from the uk and will not allow me to take the kids to turkey to live so i have no choce but to marry my partner so he can join us in the uk. Not that is will be a hardship haha we want to be together very much. Our only fear is that we may be judged about out age difference. The problem is he looks older than his age and i look younger than mine. It was something we never talked about because it ws not important to either of us. I have been to turkey 10 times in the past year and my children have also visited. We do have a committed and proper relationship and can prove that with out msn messages and daily telephone records not to mention my visits to be with him. It seems to me that everyone is painted with the same brush andthey usual comments are he only wants a visa or hes after you money. Neither of these apply.i have no money and if i could be with him in turkey he would not need a visa. The laws stink. We cannot help who we fall in love with.
Hi Di,

I think the things that worry you may be considered when you apply for a residency for your partner in the UK. As long as you have the required paperwork you will be able to get married in Turkey without any problems. I doubt that the age difference will ever cause you any problems in this sense but if it ever does make people question your marriage it is more likely to be afterwards at the British Consulate when applying for a visa for your new husband.
Yes this is our concern. But i now that we have enough evidence of our relationship to prove them wrong. Its sick in the fact that you can marry who u want in this country with no problem or no question. Its so common now having younger partners in the uk. :que Can you pleae advise me on the procedure and all the documents i will require and time scales so i can marry my partner. I do no that i need a certificate on no impediment. My passport, birtcertificate, and decree absolute. Is there anything else i will require and can you advise me regarding blood tests. We would just like to have a small family wedding with a few close friends.

Many thanks
Di
Hi Di,

Yes you have the list of required documentation correct. You will also need 6 - 8 photos each depending on where you are looking to get married. The procedure and the time frame with the blood tests depend on where you will get married. If you let me know where you are looking to get married I will give you the applicable information. You will need to visit the British Consulate in Istanbul, Ankara, Antalya or Izmir (whichever is nearest to you) to have your paperwork processed and translated.
Hi,

Also looking to get married at the Concorde Resort and Spa. Love the look of it!

Does anyone have any info? We cant seem to break the language barrier either and Thomas Cook dont do weddings there.

Anyone have any ideas? :que
Hi Mark,

**Edit to remove unauthorised advertising - Admin**
thanks for all you help.

We are thinking of marmaris or itanbul. Could probably do with yor help for the organising at the time. Just trying to gather as much information on the formalities at the minute. As i say we want small but nice wedding.
No problem, just let me know if you decide you need my help. Blood test results can get a bit delayed at times in Marmaris but its not too bad. I get all the medical results in Istanbul on the same day.
Hi would be intrested in more information about all the services you offer, costs etc. I have had to arrange a wedding before and its a nitemare so having someone to take that pressure off would be fantastic. We are planning hopefully before the end of the year. We were in istanbul last december and seen a few weddings and although they were small they were beautiful. If you can please send me any information on the services you offer.

Many thanks
Di
Hi Hayal,

Thankyou so much that would be great! :)

** Email address removed for security purposes**

Any help would be REALLY appreciated!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.