Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Ellie Congratulations on your wedding. My daughter is getting married in olu deniz in september. There are about 25 of us going but we have no idea on where to have a reception. Did you have yours at your hotel ? Or could you give us an idea on where to go? Any info would be great
hi

yes we had ours at lykia world, we did think about the possibility of getting married at the blue lagoon and having the reception there, but decided that the food was lovely at lykia and it would be cheaper for us as they werent going to charge any extra except for guests not staying in lykia. i think it depends what you want, i know some people have had receptions on the boats too, so theres lots to think about, good luck, if i can help you any other way let me know

karen
hi ellie

am thinking about gettin married next september at Lykia world, would you reccomend it? where abouts in the hotels did u get married? is there a choice? who did you book ur wedding through?? im just really unsure as there seems to be no photos anywhere of what it looks ike, do you have any you could emai me so set my mind up? was the hotel suitable for all ages? lots to do?

sorry for all the questions but would like a honest opinon from someone thats been

congratulation on your marraige

many thanks
toni
sorry that was suppose to be a reply to the one above, Karen i think??
we got married on a platform that was just off the beach into the sea, this was my choice as i wanted a beach wedding, this is infront of the adult only pool at lykia world, i did book this direct with lykia but i think they only do packages now. then i choose the chinese restaurant for the meal, they cordoned part of this off for me and decorated the chairs and tables in white cloths and put out all the table decs, balloon etc i brought with me. the day was lovely and everything i asked for was done. we went to turkey about 10 weeks before our wedding to sort out all the paperwork as i didnt want that to do the week of the wedding, you can do this up 12 weeks before the wedding. but the registrar has to be sorted out the week of the wedding which only took a few hours and is in fethiye , whereas the main paperwork had to be done in antalya which is miles away.

i highly recommend lykia especially for kids, theres tons for them to do and my kids throughly enjoyed it and would love to back there again 1 day. there was 30 of us from ages 4 to 68 and everyone loved it, the food is fantastic.

if you send me via pm your email ad ill send some photos, i did put a few on the gallery but only ones i knew wouldnt be close up of us lol. we dont have any professional photos as the photographer i was recommended was crap and the photos have come out really bad, so i was very disappointed , this wasnt lykias photographer which i wish we had used now. hope this helps

karen
Thanks Miss Funky! Can't believe it's been over a year. We're due to go back there for a holiday in September.

Ellie I got my drivers license changed with no problem using our Turkish wedding certificate. I've not had problems with anyone wanting to change my name. Still have my passport in my maiden name though for the same reason as you - it still has four years left on it!
haymans did you ring up the dvla or just sent it to them ,im wondering because i rang them that maybe i got someone that didnt know what they were talking about, but i was definitely told i needed it translated even though i told them it was an international wedding license etc, so i just didnt do anything about it
I just sent it to them registered post, and put a paid registered SAE in it too to make sure I got it back as I only have one copy and I'm paranoid about losing it!

They did it with no problem.
Hi,
I am new to this forum and was wondering if anybody on here can help me.
My name is Donna and i am planning to get married next year and looked at the Concorde De Luxe hotel in Lara Beach. Their website states that they do weddings there but none of the travel agents do weddings in that resort so we cant book through them for the wedding package. We rang the hotel directly but they didnt speak much English and it seemed like they were saying that they do wedding parties but not ceremonys but this isnt what their website states, so not sure if we understood each other!
We have set our hearts on this hotel as nothing else compares for us but without assistance we would find it impossible as would need a wedding planner to arrange the day for us and help with legal paperwork and medicals.
Does anyone have any experience of this hotel or weddings in this resort as i cant find any info anywhere.
Thanks in advance xx
My daughter is getting married in Olu deniz in September we are staying in Suncity. Could anyone recomend somewhere nice to have her wedding reception. There will be around 30 guests and we would like to go somewhere for a good meal with some music afterwards. If anyone could give us some web sites or e-mail addresses we wolud be very grateful :cheers
I had mine at beckeliz beach and I must say it was absolutely lovely. :tup
Hi helen I e-mailed Beckeliz beach but they never replied to me. was it very expensive? (i know its very good, we stayed there a few years ago), with 30 guests we would like a rough idea how much it would cost before we got there.
No it really wasn't, we had about 20 guests and I think we paid 25 euro per head, that was for 3 course meal (not set menu but free to choose from extensive menus) and all drinks included. They decorated it beautifully. That was 3 years ago and we weren't staying there.
While I was in Olu Deniz two weeks ago there was a wedding reception taking place at Sultans I think its called which is next to Shadows Bar. They were sat in a private square which was decorated with balloons and banners and then after the meal they joined in with Shadows Bar for the Sparkle show the bride and groom came down for a first dance where the bar staff cracked open a bottle of champagne for them and was treated like royalty, it looked wonderful.
Hi billiam;

There is a restaurant in Ölüdeniz called Sultan Pepper Restaurant.I know they are doing wedding reception there.They have special area for the groups and they ll decorate of the places for special days.
The owner's wife is english.If u sent an e-mail to her,Ãâ€ΕΎÃ‚± think she will help u

mellisbeach@hotmail.com

good luck
Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum, getting married out in Marmaris next May (2009), been in contact with both Hayal (eggorganization) and carole (Icmeler travel center).Has anyone had a wedding arranged by either company, I am a bit nervous incase something goes wrong.

THANK YOU
Hi

Hiyal organised my wedding in Kalkan 6 years ago. She provided a fabulous service and I can't recommend her enough.

Louise
Hi,

I am getting married at The Holiday Village in Sarigerme at the end of august, I just wanted to know all the legal fees you have to pay out there for the paperwork does it have to paid in english pound or lira ?

Hope someone can help.

Regards
Sam
Hi ,, Hayal organised my wedding in Icmeler 3 years ago .... everything was fantastic , had 30+ guests and everyone had a great day .... would definitely recommend her
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.