Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I asked someone who got married recently and it cost 270 lira at the consulate and 100 lira for the registry office. The bood tests vary from place to place, I think ours were about 60 lira.

If you are marrying in Didim, then Izmir would be the nbearest consulate for you. When you go there try to get there early as they close for a couple of hours for lunch.

Kedi
thank u very much u have help me so much i feel loads better now thank u for all yr help donna
No problem. If there is anything else you need to know just ask. Good luck with the wedding x
Hiya :wave:
Im hoping that someone can give me an answer to the blood test qu...
Im hoping to get married in turkey this sept, we are staying in Fethiye and getting married at the blue lagoon.
Some people say that you do need to have blood tests while others say they didnt!!
I am not marrying a turkish man, we are both from the uk.
I Know the test is for STDs but which ones do they test for??
I just think that its a very important test that i wouldnt have thought to have done here, but raises issues for me, as while im 99 percent sure we are both ok..it gives u that nagging worry that what if your not...and then find out on the eve of your wedding!! :yikes
And if we were to get ourselves tested beforehand what would we test for??

hope to hear from you soon,

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
I had the blood tests done when I got married as I married a Turkish man, I'm not sure whether you need them done if you are both English though.

They aren't for STDs, although I think they do test for HIV. I can't remember exactly what they do test for but I will find out and let you know.

Te tests are really to make sure that neither of you carry a genetic disease that you could pass on to children.

Kedi
hi Kedi

Thanks for replying, it would be good to know what they are testing for, i have read somewhere that they only insist turkish people have them, but again dont know if that the truth!!

Thanks again x x x :)
I'm pretty sure you wont have to have them done as you are both British. I think I had to have it as My husband is Turkish and I was living there at the time too.
I'm getting married at the Blue Lagoon next June, I'm not expecting to have to have a blood test. Athough i do believe that we have to attend a clinic to get forms signed. We are both Brits by the way.
Kedi.
If a couple did have blood tests, and a problem was found, what would happen then?. They wouldn't actully stop them marrying would they?
I actually have no idea. I have never heard of anyone not being able to marry but I'm sure they could refuse to marry someone if there were problems.

You will definitely have to go to the medical centre even if you don't have to have the blood tests, or at least one of you will. I didn't go as my husband took both our forms and got them signed.
The blood tests are for HIV, Thalassemia and Hepatitus - I think that is all.
Thanks Guys :)

Feel alot better just having an idea...i can now enjoy getting on with planning my wedding!!
Havnt been to Turkey before :sun2
Im so excited! :D
Thank you! :cheers
hi fwh.....read that....it says if you have epilepy ect you are banned from marrying...tweetie
I don't make the rules. The OP asked a question and I found the answer. Pretty comprehensive in my opinion.
One thought/question - is the OP making use of the wedding service provided by some TOs? If so ALL this information should have been given to them - if not then very shoddy service.

fwh
fwh....yes was spot on for the information....

snapper asked......
If a couple did have blood tests, and a problem was found, what would happen then?. They wouldn't actully stop them marrying would they?

I was just surprised by the rules about epilepsy ect ( dont know what the ects are ).....so yes if they found out you had certain things they would not let you marry.....these are things people are unaware off that wouldnt affect your right to marry here in uk....tweetie
Well when we got married there was no question about epilepsy and I'm not quite sure what is meant by "hysteria" :que

Another thing it says it that you are required to have a medical exmination. I don't know ayone who has ever been asked for an examination. We had to get papers signed by a doctor by I wasn't even there when the doctor signed mine.
I got married in Turkey, to a British man, and had no blood test.

We did have to have a "medical" at Fetiye hospital.

This is what happened:

Dr: Hello
Us: Hello
Dr: Did you walk here or get a taxi?
Us: We walked
Dr: If you're healthy enough to walk, you're healthy enough to get married. Pay the fee at the front reception desk please *signs form*

:rofl
I found this web site, it's actually connected to the apartments we normally stay in, this is my only connection but I thought i would post the link.

http://www.wedding4uturkey.com

Dave
Me and hubby got married in Olu Deniz Turkey, we didnt have to do anything apart from meet our wedding planner when we arrived on the monday, we chose the Friday for our wedding day and the wedding planner arranged for us to go the British Consulate in Antayla and Fethiye Registrars on the Wednesday. we went with 2 other couples in a mini bus.
It was completely stress free even though we had no idea what the wedding venue looked like until we arrived to get married.

I would do it all over again, glad i married there :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.