Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi we booked with First Choice and they were brilliant.
Our wedding planner was turkish but worked for First Choice and she arranged everything we wanted from type of flowers to the car and reception venue including any extras at a good price.
Im actually in Olu Deniz right now as im replying to you and its gorgeous and hot :sun2
when i got married 11 years ago it was not possible then to get married in Turkey, so i got married in cyprus instead, could anyone tell me if i could renew my wedding vows in Turkey and what the procedure is please
Hi,

I think you must have been misinformed, it has always been possible to get married in Turkey and I myself have been doing it for almost 10 years.

It is possible to renew your vows in Turkey and as this is a symbolic ceremony, there are no procedures as such. If you need help organising this, I can send you some information on our services if you like?
thanks hayal, i think i was misinformed the travel agent told me as it is a muslim country i could not do this, i would appreciate some info on this, dont think my pm is working so if you could post on here until i get it sorted

thanks
Hi Sue,

Unfortunately a lot of people did think in the past that as Turkey is a muslim country only muslim people can get married here. However, Turkey is a secular country and only civil ceremonies are legally recognised so your religion is irrelevant. As long as they have the correct paperwork, people from all nationalities can get married here.

I would be happy to help you with the renewal of vows ceremony. Can you send me an email with your specifics, i.e. date, location and so on and I will get back to you with a quote? My email address is sorry, i've had to remove your email address for your protection and to prevent spam. Dazbo HT Mod and you may click on the below link to visit our website.
Hi,
this is my first time on here.......just need a little advice....
I am from England, and I am planning on getting married to a turkish man...hopefully in October, need some advice on the plans as I haven't a clue where to start!!!! And am I leaving it too short notice???????

Vicky
hi vicky, congrats on your forthcoming wedding,plenty of time lol! firstly you need to apply for your certificate of non impediment, usually takes 21 days im sure, its valid for 6 months in england i think. you will take this to turkey with you to the consulate (i went to izmir,not sure wheres nearest for you?!) and complete the neccessary paperwork and have it translated and pay the fees. you will then need blood tests and can book your wedding with the registrar! its not difficult,its more the running around to different places to have things stamped and pay fees but it can be done quickly!i cant mind all the ins and outs as me n hubby married in oct 06 and i was living in turkey at the time so things were slightly different! theres a website you can go onto for more specific info, http://www.turkishlove.yuku.com you will find people with same queries as you and lots of info and advice!good luck x
Thanks for the reply :) Another question...he is looking to get a visa to come and stay here for the winter....and we were wondering if it is possible to get married over here in England??
:)
hey again!if you want to marry here then you would need to apply for a fiance visa,theres more info for this on the website i gave you! by doing this it means if granted you marry here and then apply for settlement visa for him to reside here,in some ways your actually paying twice then! as for staying for the winter, if you are meaning generally and nothing to dow ith fiance visa then he would have to apply for a visit visa-these are very hard to come by, he would need to show he could support himself when visiting here,think he needs to show something like equivalent of £40 a day and he would need to prove he would return to turkey,that he has a reason to return ie.property,business etc. as i say theyre so hard to get,before i met my hubby he applied for visit visa to come to uk to visit his brother who had lived here for several years and who was very well off financially but it was refused 3 times as he couldnt prove he would go back to turkey and they wouldnt take into account his brothers offer of financial help either so be prepared. if you are thinking of visit visa itd be best to start now putting regular amounts of money into his bank account as the consulate dont like big sums as that shows its been put for sake of visa if you get what i mean! good luck with it all, visas are a lot of stress and money so be prepared and dont get too disheartened, we married in 2006 and it was 2009 before my hubby came here what with having to do national service etc and for me to find perm work showing i could support him here etc etc,emotional rollercoaster i must admit but worth it!seems a long time ago we had long distance relationship, feels a lifetime ago, god it was so hard!as it is hes been here over a year and we are having a baby in 3 weeks :-) i can hardly remember life before! it is worth it, remember that when times get tough!x
hey everyone i was looking for advice x my and my partner are looking to get married in icemeler maybe 2012 or sooner x my first question is if we take a package from first choice do they takecare of all the paper work we are both scottish x do i still need to go to the consulate ? x

second question my mother in law is very faliliar with the area and visits 3 times a year and has many friends out there she has a venue for us and other things she can organise if we can find some way to do it ourselfs ie forget about travel agents x any ideas ? its the paper work thats stressing me out x

other things is can anybody give us a rough idead of prices with travel agaent all family and friend will be paying there own accomodation we just need to pay ourselfs and wedding package
be very grateful for help :) x
lisa you will still need to go to the consulate to do the paperwork, yes.

I did it myself with the help of our hotel who held the wedding and provided us with a driver for the day when we went off to Antalya to do the paperwork. That said, he spoke no English and it was very very stressful.

If I were ever to do it again I would use a proper wedding planner like Hayal who you will find on this thread, or do it through a tour operator as they will make it much less painful.
Hello

Has anyone renewed their wedding vows in Turkey? Myself and my husband are wanting to renew our wedding vows next year just outside of Kemer. We are having problems trying to find out how we find someone to do the service. Can anyone please help.

Many thanks
Sunshine

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Sunshine ANYONE can do the service. As a vow renewal is not legally binding (you are already wed!) you don't need a registrar. Your hotel manager could do it, or another guest!
Hi there, I am going to turkey in january for 4 nights (thurs-mon) and i'm hopeing to marry my turkish boyfriend within that time, is that possible in that short time? Im going to apply for my no legal impediment here in the next few days, then what do i do?? ive read about getting different forms and tests what are the cost of these? I'm flying to izmir if that helps.
Any information would be a massive help! Thanks :D
hi there, ill try and give you some info from what i remember when i married my hubby in hatay in 2006!
if you take your c.o.n.i with you that saves time as other wise you have to wait 3 week! basically you will visit the consulate and submit your paperwork, think it has to be at least 2 days before you plan to wed and you will then submit everything to the regirsty office, you will also have to have blood tests done, this can vary time wise,my results took a week to come back but i was living in turkey and we had plenty of time to sort everything!he also needs a few bits of paperwork,im not sure what as its in turkish. costs will have gone up since 06 lol, im sure we were about £750 but i got my coni issued there so your taking your which will save money!also, if you dont want to marry in registry office (we married in restaurant!) then registrar will look for some expenses no doubt!
have a look on turkishlove.yuku.com for more info ok, this website is used by a lot of us married to or dating turks!
good luck ;-) x
Hi Bella and welcome to the forum!

I married my Turkish husband in Bodrum but like aam we were living there at the time so we spread the preparation work out. It is possible to get everything done in a few days but then you have to hope that there is an available time to marry at the registry office pretty much straight away.

Being in Izmir will help as you will need to take your paperwork to the British consulate there. You need your CONI, full birth certificate and pasport. Take this to the consulate, if you can get ther early in the morning it will help as they close for 2 hours at lunchtime. Once you have the paerwork translated and authorised you have to go to the Governor's Office to get it stamped. The total cost of this was around 260TL six years ago but it may have gone up since.

You then have to go to the hospital to get blood tests, again go in the morning and you may get the results the same day, we got our the following day. This cost around 60TL but agin this could have gone up and different hospitals charge different prices. Once you have the results you need to go to the doctors to get the forms stamped again.

Once you have done all this you can go to the registry office, your boyfriend needs his equivalent of CONI, which he gets from his home town, although my husband managed to get his brother to sort it out and fax it over so he doesn't neccesarily need to go in person. He also need to take his kimlik and you both need 6 photos each.

Have a look at the Turkish Love site too, as there is lots of information on there.

Good luck with the wedding.

Kedi x
It is not impossible to get everything ready and get married within a few days but as you are arriving on a thursday and leaving on a monday, depending on the time of your arrival on thursday, this will probably just give you only one working day to get everything done in which case this would probably not be possible. The consulate part should not take too long and the charge made here is currently 165 TL. The procedure with blood tests changes in each town so your fiance should contact the registrar in the town where you are looking to get married and also the local medical centre to find out the exact procedure. Most medical centres only take blood for a short time in the mornings so it is important to know when you need to go otherwise you will lose a whole day.

If you arrive early on thursday I would recommend going to the consulate and getting the paperwork done first. Then you can visit the registrar and try and book the date before you sort out the blood tests. If you are lucky and the medical report can be obtained on the same day, and if the registrar is accommodating, you may then be able to get married on the weekend. Your fiance should really make the initial contact with the registrar to find out the specific requirements applicable and also to try and book a date. Good luck!
Hi guys,

I have been dating my turkish partner for a while and we have decided to marry out in turkey.

He lives in Adana and eventually he plans on living in the uk due to my 2 children at school.

I need to know absolutely everything that I need to do in order to get married from paperwork here and in turkey to legalities to EVERYTHING! I do not have a clue how to start the process and due to my partner not being very good at the english language, getting him to find anything out is proving hard work! I need all the info I can get and would greatly appreciate any fedback.

Thanks guys! xxx

Claire

Merged with existing topic. Everything you need to know is here. Dazbo HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.