Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thank you......Do you know how long the certificate is valid for?
English certificates of no impediment don't have an expiry date as such but they prefer them to be quite recent so we suggest our couples to place their applications 3 months before they come out to Turkey. Once you visit the consulate and get the translated and certified version issued by them, this will be valid for 3 months.
Thank you all your help......one final question for now :-)

Do we both need to take the certificate (once translated) to the Consulate? Or can I do this myself?

Will probably have more questions after my holiday so watch this space for mid to late September LOL xxxx
When you visit the consulate you can go on your own but you need to have your fiance's ID card with you as they will want to see it. Just a correction though, you will not have the certificate translated before taking them to the consulate, you will take the original certificate to them and they will be the ones translating it.
Thanks for that......was going to get it translated at the Embassy in London......thank you very much :-)
hi im new to this and just wondered has anyone been from uk and married a turkish man? We are looking to get married in marmaris but everything seems so expensive. can anyone give me advise please? :)
Hello and welcome to the forum,

I am from the UK and have been married to a Turkish man for 7 years. If you have a look back through this post I have detailed everything I needed to do (saves me typing it out again ;) )

The basic costs for getting married aren't too expensive, it just takes a bit of running aorund to get everything done. We were living in Turkey when we got married so we didn't have to rush things but you can get all the paperwork done in a few days if you need to.

The expense is going to come if you want a big do after. We just had a small reception with a few friends and family and it wasn't expensive. What kind of wedding are you planning on having?

Kedi x
Hi Kedi

Just returned from holiday in Turkey and we agreed to have a small do at the small family run hotel where we will stay. We will just a small gathering of family and friends and have just decided to have a BBQ (with agreement of the owners).....so its all going along smoothly on that front. I am back in Izmir on 29 December for 2 weeks and we will visit with the consultate to seek advise on the best place for the ceremony itself.....I would like to have it at the hotel so we don't have to travel around. Once I am fully back on english time I will look through all your previous posts. Thank you :)
We had a small do at the bar were my husband worked, we brought all our own food and wine, which really kept the costs down too.

Hope everything goes well for you and if there is anything I can help with just ask

Kedi x
We are hoping to get married in marmaris next year and are having trouble finding a planner to deal with legal side paperwork etc, and a venue for the wedding itself, we would like to arrange the meal ourselves, can anyone recommend a planner please? X:)
Hi Bridezilla,

We would be happy to help you with this. Please feel free to PM or email me at hayal@eggorganizasyon.com for details. Our website is http://www.myweddinginturkey.com and we have a Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/eggltd . Looking forward to hear from you soon! :)
Hayal
Bridezillalol wrote:
We are hoping to get married in marmaris next year and are having trouble finding a planner to deal with legal side paperwork etc, and a venue for the wedding itself, we would like to arrange the meal ourselves, can anyone recommend a planner please? X:)

Hope you get sorted Bridezillalol .Funny name - I have come across a few bridezilla's in my time as a wedding photographer and DJ (not both a t the same time lol)

In fact, if you pay for tickets, accommodation and booze I'll do your wedding photo's for free lol

Have a great time :)
Justin
Bridezillalol wrote:

hi bridezillalo
have you had a look at this site does all the paper work not sure about doing you own catering but worth a look
http://www.weddingsturkey.com/ :que
Helppppp

My partner and I really want to get married in kusadasi, but we do not know where to start. Please can someone help us?
Hi gemz,

If you need professional help, do not hesitate to contact me at hayal@eggorganizasyon.com

http://www.myweddinginturkey.com
Hi

I plan to marry in Kalkan Turkey next year, we are both UK nationals.
I have found a venue, Prince Patara Hotel who do wedding packages.
I have contacted the Turkish Consulate here but they have been little help.
Can someone shed any light on these questions please.

1. Do we need bloods tests and a medical?

2. How do we make an application to the relevant consulate in Turkey to initiate the formalities and how long does this take?

3. Once in Turkey how do we go about finding a consulate to produce the paperwork, or do the hotel do it?

We are only going for 10 days so do you think that will be enough time to organise everything?

It all seems soooo complicated.

Thank you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.