Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Balkan Holidays.

Patka
Hi Paul,

As far as I remember, all of Balkan's 2008 flights/holidays flights for the Northern resorts (Golden Sands, Albena, Sveti Konstantin, etc.) from at least one UK airport (Cardiff) are all being routed to Burgas, rather than Varna - meaning a transfer time of around 3 hours from airport to resort & vice versa.

It may be worthwhile checking if similar arrangements might apply from your preferred departure airport.

Baldur
On the Balkan Holidays website I can book hotels in Golden Sands in July 2008 flying from Manchester to Varna.

Whether this is what would really happen I don't know, but you can't judge anything from the schedules at minor airports such as Cardiff.

Peter
Hi Peter,
...you can't judge anything from the schedules at minor airports such as Cardiff.

I wasn't suggesting that you could, merely raising the potential issue as we probably don't all live near major airports. :wink:
From checks on the Balkan Holidays website, the above situation (i.e. all flights for Northern resorts arriving at Burgas) will apply to the following airports for the 2008 Summer season:

Aberdeen
Bristol
Cardiff
Doncaster/Sheffield

Baldur
I thought the question was about which company was doing Golden Sands.

Patka
I thought the question was about which company was doing Golden Sands.

So what may be potential problems for the OP in using that company are irrelevant?

Baldur
:D I think Airtours are doing it as well.
Thomas Cook are as well :)
Kath x
And both Thomas Cook and Airtours are advertising flights to Varna (from Manchester) - interesting .......

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.