Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Golf del sur, is near the airport. Convenient when you arrive out there. After that, it is a bit noisy, low flying planes.

Do your folk's play golf? It is a golf resort. The same variety of bars ect. are not available out there, but I expect there are enough of them

There is no beach or promenade. A car is almost a must. You can get into Los Christianios or PDLA by local bus. Every hour, I think

Regards,

Billyboy
Located in the resort of Golf del Sur, just a few minutes walk from the centre of the resort where you will find a large shopping centre with a great selection of shops, bars & restaurants. You will find the nearest beach within 150 metres and the resorts golf course is just 100 metres away. The Green Park Aparthotel consists of 200 studio apts, all very well equipped and maintained with an excellent range of on site facilities.

thats the review in the brochure, r u sure there isnt a beach?
Technically there is a *beach* where the sea meets the shore, but there is NO SAND all large rocks and very sharp. They have recently opened a new marina and are due to make an artificial sand beach but not yet started that.

Green Park is a large complex well favoured by young families. Some aircraft noise as it is on the direct landing path and they are quiet low at that stage ie wheels down.

The shopping centre is not large by UK standards, a few tourist shops and a few bars and restaurants with evening entertainments, a few estate agents, car hire, banks and a supermarket, all a good 10-15 minutes walk from Green Park which is on the opposite side of the golf course.

Nice quiet area for a weeks chill out type holiday but a bit isolated for 2 weeks. Def need a car to get anywhere!
Hi,
visited Golf del Sur last summer and really enjoyed it. It depends what you're looking for. Definitely not like Playa de Las Americas. Is quite small and quiet (apart from aircraft noise, which incidentally you get used to v. quickly) A car definitely helps to get around as it is quite isolated, but a good choice for a family. All apartments and hotels looked of a good standard.
hi folks,

been offered a week at the Green park appartments/hotel at the golf del sur resort for 210 quid.

Never been to golf del sur, always stayed in las americas and los crisianos...so looking on views to wat its like???

me and my mate going..dont want a totaly quiet holliday so wud be good if there were a good few pubs etc .
Hi scottb ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic, so you may now find some useful info in earlier posts.

Further info is also available via the 'Hotel Reviews' and 'Resort Reports' links in the navigation bar at the top of the page.

David :wave
Has anyone been to these apartments?
We stayed here for 2 weeks last january, right under the flight path so can wave from your balcony at the pilots as they go past.
Very big pool with lots of free beds and at least one small kiddies pool which used to be heated not sure if still is.
Happy hour at bar good value the rest you get what you pay for. (Cheapest accomodation in golf de Sur?)
thanks for that a big change of mind cheers!
Click Here for our reviews of this accommodation.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.