Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi,

With small kids I would not recommend Gumbet as the best side of Gumbet is the night life. From what you say, I would recommend you try Bitez, which is only a short dolmus ride away from Bodrum town but has a nice beach. You can use Bitez as a base and travel around form there. I am sure there will be loads of people here (Briar to start with! :) ) who will be able to give you plenty of info and recommendations on Bitez.

Enjoy! :)
ive been to most resorts in turkey and didnt like bodrum or gumbet that much ,icmeler is much nicer, another place i loved was olu deniz the lagoon is brilliant for the kids, good shops in hisaronu just a 5 min dolmus ride up a hill,oul deniz is so pretty gorgeous scenery, infact i prefer it to icmeler but we all have our own favourites but after icmeler i think you will be disappointed with gumbet/bodrum
:D I agree with hayal, Bitex would be perfect. Then you can hop on the dolmus and visit the very nearby Gumbet and Bodrum :D
I have also been to Icmeler, Marmaris and Gumbet. Whilst Gumbet is OK I certainly prefer Icmeler, its much prettier,more character, and I think it is also a bit bigger than Gumbet. I have not been but reading reports on thius board, Olu Deniz sounds the right place to go

Stewart
Bitez get's my vote everytime!

Only 10mins to Bodrum on the dolmus for the shopping and sightseeing.

*Edit to restore normal font Briar
Hi guys!
thanks a lot for your tips and advice...much appreciated! You've saved me from dissappointment, I'm sure! think I will have a closer look at olu deniz and bitez!

*dashes off to get piccies on google*!

Kate x :D
Dont shoot the messenger here but I had someone describe Gumbet as '' Chav Central'' the other day your thoughts please??
:lol: :lol: I have been twice to the Jasmin beach....yes there were a lot of chav types there but in Gumbet itself i would say there were no more than I have found anywhere. I would certainly go back. BUT....were I travelling alone or in a couple I would not choose Gumbet, I chose it because as a single parent travelling alone (female) with a child i knew I would find lots of company.
hi katee Cornwall. I'm not into knocking any turkish resort. As with anywhere it's horses for courses. Gumbet is fine if you are a party animal. Bitez has a nice beach, lots of water sports and easy to get around. If you want a very beautiful place try Gumusluk on the Bodrum peninsula. Sandy beach, rabbits on the island, some underwater remains to snorkel over and very pretty.
Hi we usually go to Turgutreis and last June we met a couple there who usually go to Ichmeler but fancied a change, they said Turgutreis reminded them of Ichmeler and were having a great time, so much so we met them again in Turgutreis in october.
Having never been to Ichmeler ourselves its difficult for us to make a comparison but certainly the couple we met appeared very happy with their choice of resort
We have been going to Turkey for the passed 11 years we have been to all the main resorts as regards as Bodrum/ Gumbet are o.k. it has to be Icmeler for us. Back again June Cheers
hi all
iv had some prices on 2 hotels in gumbit,the 'ugur hotel' and the'sahin ',the hol is for 2 people aged 20's any advice or anybody been to any of these :P
will

*Edit to restore normal font Briar
:D Elaine is the absolute expert on Gumbet and its hotels, I will try and point her this way for you!
Hiya,

The Sahin is a wee bit further away from all the action on Bar Street than the Ugur, but having said that, Gumbet isn't a huge resort.
Going on past experience, and the more recent ones of people I know, I'd say pick the Sahin over the Ugur.

Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.