Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Dolly......I think the trip to Fethyie also takes you to Olu Deniz, think it was about an hours drive from the HV......its best to book your trips as soon as you can as they do get booked up quick. I phoned First Choice about 3 times to check they had my request on the booking....although I would email Joy Hotels aswell next time I go. When you meet the rep at the airport she gives you your welcome envelope and it will have either an orange sticker (tropical) or blue sticker (palace) on the front. I would like to go back next year but wish you were still able to book the side you want rather than request it.........
Thanks for the info trace.Not sure now which side to request as i like the idea of it being more compact,easier to keep an eye when the kids go walkabout.But the blue side does seem to be nicer... hmmm,decisions decisions................
Thanks Traceytreacle!
The e-mail address I got from earlier up the thread is palace@pegasoshotels.com.tr

They haven't replied to me though!!!
Anyone going end of Sept, I go 29th!
hi...the hotel is now run by Joy Hotels...the email is.... pegasospalace@joyhotels.com ... have a look on http://www.joyhotels.com for more info on both palace and tropical :cheers
i must warn you that it is very very hot in turkey atm

and the milk isnt cows milk for people taking infants buggy fan is advised!!!

position on my behalf 48 degrees
Hi we are going on the 29Th September we have booked a jacuzzi room and this may seem like a really silly question but is there a shower as well as the bath? Thank you.
Gav
Hi Gavinwalsall, who you travelling with? I'm with my husband and 2 boys age 9 & 6 who are getting more excited by the day! We go from Cardiff.
To be honest we were booked to go to Red Sea HV, but the reviews in May/June/July were so bad, everyone seemed to be going down with sickness etc we didn't want to risk it, so we changed to Turkey. Typical though, the reviews for Red Sea have got much better and the ones for Turkey have got worse :( ( my husband goes mad with me for reading them )
Thank goodness for Traceytreacle, it was great to hear her positive review :)
Hopefully it won't be quite as busy when we go as I don't intend getting up at 7am for a sunbed!!! I get up at 7am for the other 50 weeks of the year!! 5 wks and counting!
hi im back from holidays any questions and let me know!
regarding the side you are on i was initially dissappointed that we were on the orange side but this was then overruled. there is not much difference to either and we actually found the pools on the blue side more congested. we requested blue but were told by someone that london flights and certain manchester were blue in general and the other flights being cardiff birmingham etc were orange and in general we found this to be true. blue side was all british and orange was 90 percent british and 10 foreign. they have all the same facilities in each. we made great friends with the photographer and got stunning pictures there. food i found was not up to scratch we ate out on a number of occassions although found if you go early it was alot better. but we like staying at the pool til late. if you go on the jeep safari then go with first choice im glad we did as we were on the safari on the monday. and there is a big difference in the jeeps compared to the town jeeps. although accidents can happen anywhere and at any time. i took parasol dont bother it was in my room all the 2 weeks . drink on all inc is limited and no shorts are offered only vodka and whiskey. which is not all inc. we had a fab holiday and the weather was fab made great friends etc but we wouldnt return to this resort it was too big to be able to give quality.
Hi there is 6 of us me, my wife and our 3 children Lewis who's 7 Leah who's 5 and Kyle who's 19 months and we are also taking my mom with us it will be her first holiday since my step dad died back in January.
I too have been reading the other reviews on other web sites and have got a bit worried hope the bugs go by the time we get there
5 weeks and we will be waiting for the Taxi can not wait
Gav
If this blue orange side thing is true depending on flight we are going on 7pm flight from manchester on a monday which side will i be on? I have requested blue and will be disappointed if i dont get what i want lol

2 weeks today and on countdown :sun2
It depends what room you have booked as to which side you are allocated, we flew from Doncaster and were on blue side, but some friends have just been from Doncaster and were on Orange side. Some larger parties that had travelled together but booked seperately were on different sides so I can't see it making any difference who you fly with, as some on our coach were dropped of on orange side first and then we went to blue.

If you book a kids den or interconnecting rooms you will def be on blue side as there are no kids dens or interconnecting rooms on orange side. The jacuzzi suites are in centre of complex so you could end up on any side as with all other rooms.

Hope this helps :)

Jo
we met families from birmingham/east midlands, belfast, london, manchester, cardiff and they were all staying on the blue side. When we went to the rep on arrival at dalaman and she checked our name on her list, beside all the surnames were either an O or B......most of the names on her list had an O......we had a B and therefore allocated to the Palace...there is also a sticker on the welcome envelope in either colour....we came from Gatwick and an East Midlands flight arrived at the same time...so I really feel it just depends on the room availability at the resort on arrival...................

Please don't stress about which side you will be on...as I have said earlier all my previous holidays were at the palace so this was my preference, however i am sure you will have a good time staying on the orange side...after all it is all one complex :)

The entertainment runs on a weekly rota, so if you stay at the blue clown theatre week one you can then go to the lambarda theatre (orange) week two and see all different shows.......also take part in the family activities....archery etc...my 10 year old son didnt want to go to wavelength so took part in alot of the activites with his dad...he even done and made the leap of faith on the adult high ropes...aswell as being the only one in his group (adults and children) to shoot an arrow through the apple in archery and came away with a FIRST CHOICE CERTIFICATE.....whoo hoo ! :rofl The in2action team are excellent fun....so are all the reps to be honest. Even if you think you won't become addicted to the Lets Get Loud dance.......you will ( isnt that right Deborah !) :rofl

If you ever struggle for sunbeds try the small jacuzzi suite pools on the blue side, plenty on grass areas even if no beds and very relaxing....or go to the beach always beds and umbrellas.
Believe me we had a few problems....no electricity one evening, patio door didnt lock and our key kept deactivating.......but no sooner had we called the reception the problems were sorted out.....the staff were great, always helpful and pleasant. You can get ear infections, tummy bugs etc where ever you go so just relax and enjoy yourself....it will be difficult not to... :cheers

We had a jacuzzi suite that was also interconnecting........room 5030

Just to mention...I got some SWIM EAR on the plane and I believe this really helped to avoid my children getting ear infections......

Just finished the washing an ironing and fed up now cos i wish i was still there..............
hi...my children will be 14 and 11 next summer...as stated before i normally book a jacuzzi suite, however thinking of booking a kids den if i return next year (not worried if it has babyish decor!) as they have kingsize bed and bunk beds......anyone thats been before can you tell me if the bunk beds are okay for a 14 year old or are they very narrow....though probably better than the uncomfortable sofa bed ... :rofl when looking on the FC website not really sure which room is what as they have changed the names....any one tell me which one is the kids den??
you want a double family room which sleeps 2ad and 2 children i think not seen actual room so not sure if beds will be suitable or not
We stayed in interconnecting family room which was two rooms with door in middle. Had loads of space and kids had their own bath room. The kids dens wern't babyish they were decorated in bright colours in lounge area.

Jo
i have looked again and i think the kids den is now the family suite 2-2 (+2ch), this way the kids have seperate beds rather than sharing double sofa again !!!! though may go for interconnecting but this again puts the cost up......will check with shop before i book...thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.