Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi, i seem to have something else to worry about now.....i booked the premium upgrade seats flying from gatwick 24/5....i posted on the flights topic and was told that the aircraft will be a 757-200 and they do not have premium seats configuration :shock: I have just spoken to sales dept(only one still open) and they have confirmed I'm in premium seats...has anyone else booked premium from gatwick ?
i've booked preium seats flying from gatwick but don't fly until august will have to check that i am going on a plane that has preium seats
Hi all im new, im booked to go to the pegasos palace on May 28th. I received my letter about the construction yesterday and went to see my travel agent today. I read on here that the building was by block 4, is this true as i told my rep and they have put in a request that im not in block 4. I also asked about the tropical side and was told that we can still use the facilities is this true also or are they just feeding me a line?
We went to the Holiday Village September 2006 and had the most fantastic time. There was all sorts of rumours going around regarding the possible split of what is known as the Palace and the Tropical sides. We stayed in the Tropical side last time and enjoyed the freedom of both hotels.

After asking both First Choice and Eclipse staff on numerous occasions before booking over the internet to get a good deal for this June, they all confirmed both sides were still available to use. I am now finding so much conflicting information it is unreal. I really cannnot see how this would be managable due to the size of the site.

All I really want to know is can we use both sides or not! I am ringing customer services tomorrow and have emailed Iberostar also. I will update with any infomation.

Fi
You see, I was told by email we wouldn't. It'd make sense for them to issue seperate wristbands, but even then what is stopping you venturing into the other gardens/pools and of course using the facalities.

Things such as the resturant and bar perhaps not. Or maybe it's because they haven't finished deciding how to implement the changes...either way if it's true then superb.

If not, no big loss because we're on the Tropical side and so kinda expected less features than the Holiday Village and it sounds like there are enough bars/pools anyway :)
Also i was wondering if anyones children did the soccer school? Is it onsite and do i need to take his footie boots or can he play in his football trainers. :D Also does anyone know how many cigarettes and how much alcohol we are allowed to bring back?
200 cigs or 1 litre of spirits over 22% volume.
i take it thats because its not an eu country? :cry: is that 200 each?
Yeah it is, I forgot they weren't in the EU, so was disappointed to learn that I can only bring back 1 litre of spirits :(
Steph, he won't need footie boots to join in the soccer school just trainers and don't forget shin pads, wouldnt wear best kit either as they get covered in black soot like stuff from the astro turf.
Would definatley advise booking it up though my kids loved it.
Sam
thanks samantha, he will probably want to take his boots but im worried that its going to be so hot that it will make his feet sore. do u know if the school is on site as im not keen on him going out in a coach when im not there.
The soccer school is on site so you can watch if you want to.
excellent, thanks very much. Even though there is building work im really looking forward to it. I noticed a lot of people have mentioned the mozzies that frequent the area, will i need to have a malaria injection then? I have had tetanus and hep a and b but my nurse said that as we arnt very close to iraq we wont need the malaria. Did anyone have it just as a precaution. xx
We didnt have any jabs or take anti-malaria tablets when we went in 2005. None of us were ill at all.

I see First Choice are taking 2008 bookings already. We plan to go away in July/August and surprisingly the price only jumps up by £400 from the June dates we are going on this year.

I cant wait and 25th June cant come quick enough for us.
it will be my little boys first time on a plane so we are all excited. We afe going in the half term so not too much longer to wait :D
Any news from the person phoning/emailing Iberostar about using both complex facalities?
Me and my boyfriend are going to this place on May 7th from exeter for a week. I am a very fussy eater, so am wondering what the range of food is like?
We have booked with First Choice but have no idea which half of the hotel we are in. We have a jacuzzi suite but I assume this will be the palace side as its from first choice?

Are they using different coloured bands to know who is from which side? If not surely they wont even know?

Many thanks
Leanne
(:
Leanne, theres such a huge range of food I imagine even the fussiest eater will find something to eat.

What does it say on your booking form or invoice? If its, Turkey Holiday Village then it will be the Palace, if its the Tropical it would say Iberostar Tropical.

Nobody knows whats going to happen with the wristbands yet as last year it was all one big resort and it doesn't open this year until 1st May!

HTH

Catherine x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.