Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Traceytreacle1 - I think the jacuzzi suites are on the border between the palace and tropical. Some probably overlook the kids club and kiddies pool, and some face towards the main pool. Not sure what would be best to request!

There were plenty of umbrellas around the complex but unless you were out early they do all get nabbed (bit like the first row of poolside sunbeds too!). I got out early to get good position sunbeds and umbrella for a few days and as there was a warning that towels put out before 9am would be removed I stayed with mine. I didn't see anyone removing unattended towels :roll:
Stayed at the Palace last year. Had a fab time so booked to go again in May this year.I received a letter from First Choice today advising that there is a new hotel being built to the left of the Holiday Village. I know where this is as the main structure was in place when we went last year and it is right next door to the holiday village. Apparently the building work to the outside of the hotel (500 rooms, 4 floors) is due to stop on 1 May 07 (think this is due to Turkish law and building regs). However quote 'the contractors do plan to continue with work inside the building'. I rang First Choice today and they have told me the building work is internal only and is classed as Grade 2 disturbance (5 being really bad, 1 being hardly apparent). They also confirmed that hand power tools would be used, drills, hammers etc but they could not give me a definitive answer as to whether I would be 'relaxing' by the pool listening to constant hammering and drilling all day.
Has anyone else spoken to First Choice yet? Perhaps Mustafa is still around and may be able to shed some light on this. I am a bit worried as whilst I really loved it at the holiday village last year I remember how close this new hotel was to the Palace pool area. The letter does state that I have the option to transfer to another holiday - this worries me as it leads me to believe it might be worse than the letter suggests if they are willing to allow people to change their holidays. Any thoughts/comments/further info would be appreciated. Thanks.
There was no building work going on when i went last august, but a shell of a hotel was visable, i was at end block of family rooms, direct view when on balcony. no noise from this area as they are not aloud to build at these times.
with reference to the jaquzi suites they are all located by kids clubs outside restrurant area, only downside i could see last year with that location was noise of local entertainment, tropical had night club opening past 02:00am, but who goes on holiday to goto bed at 21:00, once you have had quite a few drinks you probaly won't have any problem falling asleep.
We go 28th May, booked with Eclipse. We have had no letter concerning any building work. We just have paid our balance on 02.04.07 so maybe they are waiting till youve paid your holiday till they bother to tell you!!!
hi all. has everyone going received a letter as above? we haven't and go in may. we are staying in a kids den does anyone know what these are like and if i should request a specific area. What about the markets which ones are good? are kids buckets and spades for sale on site? I have lots of questions!! Is there a laundrette if not is the laundry service expensive?
Thanks for reading. I appreciate any information :lol:
We are going again in august enjoyed so much last year going again, i wouldn't worry about any building work as none was taking place when we went last year, there were signs of building that had taken place stopped for the tourist season which is end of april.
Most people we spoke to about kids dens said they were ok but wished they hadn't payed the extra as they were not in rooms long enough(sleeping and getting ready in morning)
As for laundry i didn't notice a laundrette on site, just bought a box of soap powder and hand washed clothes that were likely to be worn again
there are a number of shops under reception area Jewerlers-leather shop-sun glass shop newsagent mini supermarket type, you can get buckets spades blow up toys etc but expect to pay more than poundstrecher.
Markets, there is the main one in sagreime town every sunday good selection of fake designer goods just watch out on sizes (large ones are not so large ie Xl is a L) good bargins to be had, remember to barter they prefer the english pound you will get better deal in £ than lira, don't bother with euro's.
every wednesday pegasos has a turkey night were a selection of market stalls are present, but more expensive than market in the town (these same stalls are at the sunday market)remember at sunday market the traders are keen for you to buy if you pick up someone then change your mind they may run after you to get you to buy it, happened to me last year looking at turkish delight, but no harm done just good fun
Take loads of pound coins for kids club again you gett better deal in £ i.e they take 3 lira or £1 at moment it is 2.54 lira to the pound, i only used lira for tipping and to use taxi for town.
hope this helps any more questions i will answer
We go 7th May so perhaps they are issuing letters first to those going beginning of May? I stayed in a Jacuzzi suite last year so don't know anything about kids dens. I don't remember seeing a laundrette on site. Hotel laundry service expensive though - similar prices to our hotels in the UK with prices per individual item. There is a laundry airer on the balconies though so I washed things through with travel wash and used this to dry them.
Kids buckets, spades, balls, inflatables etc are for sale on site but tend to be very expensive. You can buy all these things really cheap in the village though. We took our own last year but were charged a fortune by the airline for excess weight so will be buying them from the local village this year!
Thanks for the information. Why do I need £ coins for kids club?
What about the beach is it good for building castles, are there beds,unbrellas and food and drink? Thanks
Hi guy,s

On the matter of tipping, can you tell me what would be considered as an appropriate amount for a weeks stay, bearing in mind what their weekly wage is, I generally tip early and as this is our first time in turkey, would appreciate some advise.

Must keep the room guys, towel guys, restaurant guys and of course the "bar" staff happy! :lol:
Hi just booked for oct 07 and some advice would be great. I know these questions have probably been asked before but please help if you can -

1. Where are the kids den rooms and are they any good?
2. Is the food ok?
3. What is the weather like in Oct?

Many thanks
A group of us have booked (4 families - 8 adults and 10 kids) for two weeks AI with First Choice from 9 July. We are really excited. Have been reading this thread and found it really helpful. Will no doubt have lots of questions between now and when we go.
Tipping a couple of lira does the trick, what ever you give them they realy apreciate it no matter what amount, also being polite simply thank you and please goes a long way as well.
with ref to pound coins, every payable activate that kids club do is normaly £2 they accept lira as well but will give exchange rate of 3 lira to £1 at moment lira is worth 2.54 to £1.
hi we are going 28th may for 2 weeks.
7 adults 4 children
a little worried about a few comments we have read about people not liking it. the only thing keeping us happy is having a friend who went last year who has now booked again.

see you there[/u]
HI we are just wondering how much it would cost for a family of 5 to go july 21st next year 2008??
wold anyone who is going this July after the schools have broke up be happy to tell us how much they paid.

thanks
Hi, have just received our confirmation in the post today, booked last sunday, it will be our second time and going 24th may, for the half term week. got two letters in the post , confirmation and second letter advising of building work! I'm not concerned about the building work as such although i guess it is going to spoil the view from the slide pool and the last row of rooms...although the letter did state that first choice will do their best not to accommodate anyone overlooking the building site !! What bothers me is the fact that they obviously knew this work was going on and should therefore advise people when they book. The letter states that work is continuing inside the new hotel, outside construction is to stop on 1st May. They have offered to transfer us to another holiday but stressed that the hotel was under construction last summer and even with this next door 86% of customers rated the holiday village excellent . We were their aug 05 and had a great time and really looking forward to going back.
:? Hi I have booked to go to this hotel in september, ive booked with first choice so im presuming im staying at the side which was previously the palace! Just wondering if anyone knows if you can still use all the pools yet or if they have been divided, my daughters really like the look of the splashpark section with the fountains (not the main section with the two colourfull pipes) which I believe to be on the tropical side? So im wondering if they will be able to use them! Thankyou, hope I have made sense?
amandap
we went july last year and families we spoke to said they paid around £2500 for 2 adults and 2 children for 2 weeks, I spoke to firstchoice last week and holidays for 2008 are going on sale on 16th April as I am looking to book my honeymoon.
hope this helps
is there anyone going 5th may?
Thanks for that. i have tried to get a price guide by looking at this yeat but of cause all discount has gone so it's hard to tell.
we have psid £2100 for 2 weeks going bank holiday monday including one week half term so that isn't much more.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.