Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Lynda

My two girls did stagecoach they are 11 and 10 and they both drama girls and found it really good.If i were you try and prebook the stagecoach before you go as its a long wait to book them in and you have to fill all paperwork in .All i did was pick the days they wanted to go and they get t-shirts,pen keyring and badge.Its 2 hours and they did the full set so they got to do a show for all the guest at night in the amplitheatre .Depending how many they do they either do a small show mid week or the main one on sunday. We went August last year and it was full. The Girls said they learned a few songs and a dance routine.They also came round the pool and did a little dance and song on the bridge, it think this was to show other kids what they were missing and get them to join.They always came back excited on what they learned .Karen :lol:
Thanks Karen, that info was really useful. I was planning on booking it before we go but I'll make sure I do now! You mention that your girls did the "full set" - can you remember how many sessions this was and how much the cost was? My son will do the soccer school again which was 4 or 5 sessions and my little one will do swim kids again as she improved no end last year. These things just help to break the day up a bit and gives us parents a bit of peace - I'm sure you know what I mean :lol:
hi

does anyone know if the new golf course will be competed by Aug? my other half will be in his element if it is.

thanks
leanne xx
Hi Lynda

If you you go on eclispe holidays web page and go on holiday villages on to activies it goes thought all times and prices . I got mine in the price of holiday as we were going to kos h/village which never opened so got transfered to turkey so they gave us more money as compensation.They did full 8hrs 4 x 2hrs at £31 each child .
Hi Karen.

My daughter also did Stage Coach last year at Costa del Sol and loved it so wants to do it again this year in Turkey. Normally dont pre-book it but after your comments regarding queues etc I think I will. Did you book this through your travel agent or direct through First Choice?
Hi

Through first choice direct on telephone. :lol: My two want to do it again but its only on through July and august we are going in may .
Thanks for that - did you have to give them much notice? Its a pity they only run it for those 2 months - I bet they would get loads of interest throughout the year.
It only got sorted 3 weeks before and loads of people were joining on the day so i dont think they turn anyone away .They want your money .But it does save alot of messing doing it before you go so not filling in forms when u in a big queue! :lol:
First choice phoned me to ask if I wanted to add any extras. Booked my son into the footy school but as we are going in May too they said they dont do the Stage Coach. We are going the week the schools are on holiday so Im expecting loads of children there so stage coach would have been very popular. She was a bit disapointed but ive told her there will be loads of other things too do. Just a bit worried as she was only 9 this week so will be one of the youngest at wavelength, shes looking forward to raft building.
Hi laudan

raft building was very popular and my girls got there to late and couldn't get on it so we went watching and it is really good they have a scream. so hopefully we going in may so should get on just make sure you go to wavelengh club room 10min before it starts as it works on 1st come basis .They do make the kids feel welcome and make sure they all get a turn she'll be fine at that age as the older ones tend not to go i found the oldest was about 12. :P
Thanks Kazykaz

Ive got a 9 year old and a 12 year old, looks like they will just be the right age.
hi ;
does anyone have any info on the size of the family rooms.there are 2 adults and 3 kids and hoping its not going to be too tight a squeeze. :argue .also is there a fridge in the rooms :?:
thanks ann :wave
Hi Ann,

I've had a double family room at the pp and a jacuzzi suite at the pt.

I think I would find it a bit of a squeeze to be honest. There is a double sofa bed in the lounge area and also a single sofa seat type things which converts to a single bed. Once the double sofa is opened out, there isn't really much room in the family room and the single sofa will have to be opened out along the bottom of the double if you know what I mean.

I think you'll have to move the coffee table into the main bedroom area too for this to be able to happen. Also to get onto the balcony you'll then have to climb over the opened out beds. They are not massive rooms and I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but thought you would rather I was honest.

You could move the single sofa bed into the main bedroom area and have it alongside the double bed which would give you more room.

There is slightly more room in the jacuzzi suites but not that much more to make it worth upgrading I think.

If you want to know anything else please just ask.

Catherine xxx
hi Catherine :wave ,
thanks for that , your right not what i wanted to hear but better to know the truth.

what was your experience of the beach i've heard its not very nice! are there any other beaches near by.

thanks ann
I thought the beach was ok, not brilliant, but ok. Its completely undeveloped so it is in its natural state, ie, twigs seaweed etc. It was quite rough though and seemed to go in deep very quickly. Its ok if you just want the kids to be able to build a sandcastle or something and for a walk.

Sarigerme beach itself is gorgeous, you can get a taxi there for pennies and it costs 1 lira each (or something like that) to get in. But that also includes a small childrens zoo. Well worth a visit.

Catherine xxx
Hi Ann1970

We went last year as a family of 5 - my kids were 12, 8 and 6 so not huge but not babies either. We had the 5 bed family room which is as Catherine (scottishmum) described but in the "lounge" we slid the coffee table under the unit which had the TV on and kept the double sofa bed out permanently just folding away the single sofa bed during the day so we could walk through into the balcony easliy. I don't think the single sofa bed would have fitted in the bedroom area really because the main bed was 6ft wide so there was nowhere else for the sofa bed to go other than in the lounge across the sliding doors to the balcony. We used to put it away during the day and then pull it out and throw the sheet and blanket over it just before going out for the evening. That way it was all ready for the kids to jump into when we got back late! On the last night we had to get up at 3am for our flight and all three of my kids bunked down on just the sofa bed as it was quite big :lol: The beds are proper metal-action folding ones so quite easy to pull in and out.

I have to agree and say that the rooms are not huge but we didn't feel cramped either. I guess it depends how big your kids are and how much time you intend to spend in there really! I wouldn't fancy it with 3 teenagers :shock: We were only ever there to shower, spray with mossie stuff and sleep and the TV only went on twice the whole fortnight! There is a fridge in the room under the TV unit. Big enough for bottles of water and some fruit juice we bought in the town but not huge. Bit like a camping fridge size.

We are going again this year and having the 5 bed family room again as to have anything else involves having 2 rooms as none of the other room types (jacuzzi suites etc) sleep 5. It would have cost a fortune to pay for 2 rooms!

Planning on getting to Sarigerme beach this year as never quite got there last year - so thanks for the info Catherine!

Lynda xx
Just wanted to say that Catherine is very right about the beach of Sarigerme,

Sarigerme Beach is about 900 meters away from the main street and there is a free suttle from the bottom of the street to the beach, it costs only 1 lira per person to get in and at this stunning sandy beach water sports,sunbeds,picnic area,a small children zoo as well as a cafeteria avaliable. It is also a safe beach for kids to swim

Have a nice holiday,

Mustafa
How do you pronounce "Sarigerme", people keep asking where in Turkey we are going but when I say It it just doesnt sound right!!! :?
Laudan,

It is pronounced SAREGERMEY,

Hope this helps and you will pronounce it right next time when people ask where you are going :lol:

Happy holiday,

Mustafa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.