Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I heard last night that Mustafa IS going to do his military service in May, he will probably be in for 18 months. Therefore although Sarigerme Tours will be open with Abdullah at the helm unfortunatly there will be no Mustafa this year.

However he does still have his http://www.sarigermeholiday.com site and I'm sure you will be able to find information out on there, also you can help him out by visiting his sponsors which he will be adding to over the coming months.
hiya

i have just found this site, we will be visiting in August, there will be me my partner and my 3 children, 12, 9 and 2. we will be there from 13th -27th, and i cant wait, i read some bad reviews and was seriously worrying, but it seems to be getting better every season. its our first visit to turkey and first time in an all inclusive. cant wait!!

leanne xxx
hiya

we have booked a family room for 5 of us. i read somewhere that they were pokey little rooms, im so hoping that they arent!!

ohh im so excited lol

leanne xx
hiya again, im so sorry for the questions but im a bit confused about the two different hotels. is it all one complex and you get either put in one side or the other or is it two different places? we have booked with first choice, what side will we be on??

thanks in advance
leanne x
When they first opened, both the Tropical and the Palace were owned by First Choice and shared one complex. You had to book either one and that's where you were based. You could eat in any of the resturants and use the same facilities/pools etc.

From this year, The Tropical is not owned by First Choice so if you have booked through them, you will be staying in the Palace. That's how I understand things anyway. I'm not sure whats happening about the sharing of the complex.
just booked to go back to the tropical june 4th :hyper the place is brill any one going at same time please post back from jd 8)
hiya

i have heard that clothes are really reasonable in turkey but at the market in sarigerme will i be able 2 buy beach towels and kids stuff,

thanks for reading
lesanne
Hi Leanne

It is right that Clothes are reasonable in Turkey compare to UK. in the market of Sarigerme You can find lots of sellers that sell beach towels,kids stuff and many more. it was a small market before but it is now getting bigger year by year.

Hope you have a nice holiday

Mustafa
hi Mustafa

thanks for replying, we are really looking forward to coming to turkey, its not until August though, im looking forward to the turkish bath most.

thanks again

leanne x
hi can anyone tell me if sky sports is now availible in palace or tropical went into sarigerme last time to watch the football but no rugby league very cheap beer 8)
We are going to PP on the 28th May and are thinking about booking 2 days soccer school for my son and 2 days stagecoach for my daughter, should I book now or wait till we get there. We are only there for 1 week so I think 2 days will be enough but Im a bit worried as my son is 12 and plays a lot of football and I dont think he'll want to go if all the other children going are a lot younger. Thanks
Hi my son did soccer school and loved it i pre booked they split them into different age groups at diff times so dont worry he will be with older ones the lads who do it are fab.
My neices also did stage coach again pre booked and loved it.

Sorry cant remember who asked about leaving complex when kids at kids club but no you are not allowed to you cant even say you are strolling round the complex like i tried to one day you have to say specifically where you are such as main pool shallow end, that specific, even if you have a mobile.

Have a fab hols we did

Vicky
:P Does many one know if you can buy the mossie spay SIN KOV in the UK before you go to Holiday Village ? .Going 2 weeks in August ( me Hubby & 2 Children 11 & 8 ) Many Thanks
I don't know where you can buy SINKOV in the UK but You can find it at any store in Sarigerme. You can also find it at the Holiday Village.

In a simple way spray it on all your naked parts of your body but remember to avoid your eyes

Have a nice holiday

Mustafa
Hi All,

We stayed at the Pegasos Palace Late June 2006 for a fortnight and it was one of the best holidays that we have been on.

We have booked again for this year but are going early May (just as the complex opens I think). Did anyone else go at the beginning of May last year? If so could you please answer the following:
Did it get cool at night? Have two small children so wondering what to pack for evenings.
Were the pools cold?
Were the shows in the ampitheatre up and running?
Assume it will be fairly quiet early May?
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Many Thanks Mustafa. Looking forwards to August :D
Have recently booked to go back to the Palace. We went on 28th August last year (the day after the Marmaris bombings :roll: ) for 2 weeks and absolutely loved it. We had fab weather - mid 40's for a few days but well into the 30's the rest of the time. Going slightly earlier this year on the 16th July, again for 2 weeks. Can't wait - my kids 13, 9 and 7 (boy, girl, girl) are *so* excited! We did the jeep safari and mud bath trips with Sarigerme Tours (guidemustafa1's company) last year and had a great time.

Just to answer a few questions:

Leanne1980 - the family rooms aren't too bad for space. We had the main bedroom and in the lounge area is a generous double sofa bad and a single sofa bed. When all the beds are out it is quite cramped but they are easily folded away for extra space in the day. We were barely in the room other than to shower and sleep so it didn't cause us a problem. The only thing is that they only give bedding and towels for 4 people so you will probably have to ask for an extra set so you have enough!

Joshua1234 - they showed a couple of the big footie matches on a large screen in the sports bar on the palace side while we were there. I think some guests requested it specifically and it was organised by the bar staff.

Laudan - I think Stagecoach only runs during July and August although I can't remember where I read that! We arrived on 28th August and I know when we enquired we were told it was finishing in a day or two so we couldn't book. Best to check with first choice.

Agi - mossie spray - we used Boots own 50% deet formula which came in a silver pump action bottle and only had 1 bite between 5 of us last year. I would buy something to take with you as you may need to spray in the airport on arrival as you can get bitten walking to the coaches otherwise. We ran out on the second to last day and bought sin kov from the hotel shop which was just as effective.

Hope that helps. Look forward to seeing anyone who's going the same time as us!

Lynda x
Hi cleeder,

We were there the last two weeks in May last year and then again in September. The pools were freezing both times!

The weather in the last two weeks was fabulous, it was pretty chilly at night though for our first week but much better the second. Not cold enough to need a jacket, but definitely a cardigan or a light fleece.

Have a wonderful holiday!
hi, i have been reading some really bad reviews about the pegasos palace, i can handle anything but what im really really really concerned about is the food poisoning what people are talking about. im such a worrier when the kids get ill its making me not want to go there. we are spending nearly 3 grand for 5 of us to go in August and im thinking maybe we should cancel, im so upset because before i read the reviews we were so excited, can anyone put my mind at ease and tell me its not that bad!

leanne x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.