Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi mustafa
many thanks for replying, im eagerly awaiting this years reviews to come flooding in. i hope to go on some of your trips, is the island tour suitable for little ones?

leanne x
Hi Leanne, I went last year in June first 2 weeks and had no problems with the food and if anyone would have it would have been me as I suffer from a stomach disease. I know there were cases of food poisoning last year though Try not to worry to much, It s a fab place to go I am sure you will have a great time.
Any questions I will be happy to answer if I can.
sam
hi Samantha

thank you so much for replying, i must admit i feel abit beter now reading your post, i just hate the thought of the kids getting ill etc, i dont do the whole dr, hospital thing very well normally but abroad i think will be even worse.
im so looking forward to going, only 6 months to go lol

leanne x
Awww am sooooo jealous,went in Sept last year sooo wish i was going back this year,not going anywhere this year,saving for the states next year,if you are going this year you`ll have a fab time,deffo recommend a jeep safari with sarigerme tours,brill brill brill,& go 4 a mud bath also :D
Hi Leeanne,

I went twice last year and didn't get food poisoning. Granted, the food was better first time around than second, but it definitely didn't poison me, lol.

I agree with Mustafa I think the Palace will be much better this year when it is being run seperately from the Tropical. Unfortunately, you won't get the pleasure of meeting Mustafa as he is going to do his National Service.

You'll have a wonderful holiday, try not to worry too much.

Catherine xxx
Hi Leanne
We went end of August last year and the only person to be ill was my husband on the first day - so certainly not anything that was caught whilst there! We did hear of a few people with stomach bug type complaints but not the masses that you get the impression of when reading the reviews. Just remember that people will readily complain when they are aggreived but those that had a good time and no problems are far less likely to shout about it. I think it's a british thing!

Sensible precautions are checking your meat is cooked thoroughly (esp. checking the kids before they eat), trying to ensure that food is piping hot and fresh etc. If you are going for 2 weeks be sure to book up for the themed restaurants as soon as you arrive - we didn't do this and the waiting list meant we missed out as they were booked up a week in advance. You will appreciate booking them for your final week as the food does get a bit repetative although we never went hungry. It'll just be nice to have a change!

We are going again this summer so it really isn't something I'd worry about. On a complex with thousands of holiday makers you will always get some who are ill. Dehydration seems to be huge factor so make sure you drink loads of water and are aware with the food and you should be fine

Lynda x
All good advice from Linda!

The first time we were there in May my son and I did pick up a tummy bug, it def wasn't food poisoning though. As he started with it and I'd been in the room all day with him and hadn't really eaten except crisps etc. We went down for dinner that night and I started with it. As Linda said, you are going to get illnesses with that amount of people in the one place. BUT we had such a fab time that we booked and went back four months later, so that says it all really.

The food wasn't as great second time round, but it was still good, and that was around the time most people were complaining. We ate well and never starved.

The food gets cool because people leave the lids of the bain maries up, I made it a personal mission to go around closing them after people, lol. There are microwaves provided in both restaurants if you like to have your food piping hot.

This is going over lots of old ground from last year. I'm sure the first reviews to come in over April will be fab.

Catherine xxx
hi ladies

thank you so much for taking the time to reply, im much more relaxed about it now, thanks again

leanne x
hi leanne

just to make you feel even better (i hope!) we went in august 2005 with three young children and had a fab time, no upset tummys or anything! it was a fab holiday and wish i was going back this year! enjoy im sure you will! :D
Hi All

We went in August last year and loved every minute .I am returning the 1st week of May with my sister .I've read weather reports and it does say it ranges from 25 to 30 degrees .As anyone been early May is it warm enough to go in pools? and is it cold at night time ?.And is everything open ? and will kids club be going we going then .We go Thurs 3rd May due to price really its a bargain for a week.Thanxs Karen :lol:
hi everyone ,
booked holiday to pegasos palace on 25th june, read some bad and some good reviews, really confused :?: is the mozzies bad at this time of year and can anyone shine any light on the tom watch. is there any free ice cream for the kids .i'd be really gratefull for any info
  • Edited by ann1970 2007-02-21 15:30:44
pp
Hi :wave you guys i have just had a quick read of the new thread. We have been to the palace for last two years and had a fantastic time each time. The kiddies clubs and the staff are fantastic and make you feel so welcome.I am sure you will all have a great time whilst there.
We went in august both years and the weather was scorching :sun .
My eldest son fell ill whilst there he had an ear infection which he always seems to get the doctor was fantastic and could not do enough for him we took him everyday for five days to have it cleaned out and then she saw him an hour before we left the hotel to come home.
The hotel itself is so big that we hardly ventured over the tropical in fact it seemed like to much hard work to walk over in the heat.
I am sure you will all enjoy it.
We are going back to turkey again this year but we are trying sc in altinkum we have never done a sc holiday before so i am a bit nervous.
Hope you all have a fantastic time like we did.
Clare
Hi I went in august last year and it depends if the mozzies take a liking to you. Myself got bit everywere and my daughter on her legs but my partner never got a one.but i recomend the stuff they sell there i went into the town it was only £3 for spray and a cream If you read back a few pages its called Sik Koff or something familiar its recomended by locals and its works better then r jungle formula that we sell and alot cheaper.
The place is brill for kids and adults i going back for a week in may its a first for me i tend to go different places . The tom watch we never got u have to put £50 on and you use it only to get named drinks and ice creams at the bar that are not included like cornettos are bottled beer , but you get free ice creams at the beach bar which is walls ice cream.If you dont spend all £50 you get back the money .If you got kids its a great place xKaz
Ann its called SIN KOV . :lol:
Hi Kazykaz,
thanks for the info , i'm glad i've solved the mystery of the tom watch :?:
just hope the mozzies don't attack :thanks
@Ann1970 - I've heard that a good tip for beating the mozzies is to eat a spoonful of marmite each day. You end up sweating it back out and the mozzies dont like it.

Anyway, You are going out there at the same time as us. See you at the bar! Where are you flying from?
We went the year it first opened, we were dreading it with all the awful reviews coming through and the holiday watchdog programme but you know what we went with an open mind and it was fantastic, we couldn't have faulted it in anyway at all and believe me if there was a fault to find I would have found it.

Some of the problems that people were complaining about ie the food being cold could have been solved by them simply supervising their children and asking them to put the lids back on things. The staff worked real hard and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm not too sure if I would go back because it is out of the way and for me I like to get out and about but felt too restricted there. At the time the beach was just a mass of nettles, maybe they have sorted that out but it wasn't enjoyable for us. We did however enjoy the foam party on the beach :lol:

Take Mossie bands with you aswell as spray, we found these excellent, we never got bit once apart from hubby who got bit on the plane whilst waiting for take off back to the UK :cry: typical let your guard down and they have you. :oops:

Rooms are small but comfortable and the maids are excellent - they go out of their way to make your stay nice and comfortable.

If I can help anyone don't hesitate to ask :)
Hi all

Going for a week in may to pp...went in first year of opening, despite lots of bad reports we had a brill time...fantastic for kids they were very well looked after.

Just hope weather in may will be warm enough, and beer cold enough lol.

see you there!! :D
Hi Lucy,

I went last two weeks in May last year, first week was nice enough to sunbathe but chilly at night and the second week was fabulous!

Catherine x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.