Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Southernbrummie - The tom watch was up and running when we were there. You get given one at check-in and if you wish to use it you have to put credit on it. We didn't bother and ours stayed locked in the safe for the whole 2 weeks. There was candyfloss and popcorn on sale in the evenings and you could pay cash (pound coins) for those things. I think the tom watch was more for drinks that were not included on the AI.

Some of the evening kids club sessions were payable, but not every night. They did a chocolate party and a sweetie bingo that was £2 per child. I think it was twice a week for the payable sessions from what I remember. There were no excursions for the kids club, but In2action do payable daytime activities a couple of times a week (on-site). There was pirates adventure and raft-building. The sessions were bookable and cost £10 per child but this was for 3 hours of activites and the kids loved it. Very good value for money IMO as it kept them amused and gave them something different to do.

The main buffet restaurant was open from 11 til midnight (I think) for late snacks. Only time we used it was on our arrival day as our flight was delayed (due to the bombings in Marmaris happening the day before our holiday :shock: ). The food was the same as what had been served at dinner so not sure if it was reheated leftovers but my husband was ill the next day with an upset stomach :?

Shar (bullseye) - I'm going to prebook soccer school (for son aged 13), stagecoach (for daughter aged 9) and swim kids (for daughter aged 7) before we go. It's saves time queuing after the welcome meeting as they will already have your payment and all you'll need to do is the registration forms. Much easier! Despite all the activities going on we spent loads of time together too! My kids just turned into fish and were as happy swimming and messing about in the pool with the inflatables we had (there are loads of fancy ones on sale in turkey!) as they were going off to activities.

Am still trying to work out how I would manage to take a parasol with me? And what would I stick it in (as in base) to keep it standing? Can't remember who it was that took one last year...
can anyone tll me if any new photos on the palace and the link regards
joshua 1234 :wave
hi lynda1972, im going on thursday, it will be our second time, and i am taking a parasol with me. i intend to wrap it in a black bin sack and attach a luggage label, i may even use a luggage strap and attach it to the outside of my case. there are plenty of bases at the palace, or if not you can always push it into the grass if you decide to sunbath on one of the many lawned areas.....(less crowded) . the parasol was so cheap from next £5.50, that i intend to leave it there.

last time we went we took lira and pounds sterling.....intend to only take sterling, anyone think this will be a problem.....thanks
Why take parasols when there is covers round the pools for shade? Seems a waste to me as you aren't allowed to use them on the beach because of turtles.

Also late snacks is 11pm-1.30am and I only ever went in for the bread.
last time i visited the palace in august 05 the only way to get sunbeads with parasols or sunbeds under the canopy was to get up at 6am and reserve them. this time as its also school holidays i will be taking my own parasol just incase !
Hi, just back from PP and had a brilliant holiday. Its an amazing place for kids, kids clubs, play areas, entertainment and of course the pools with slides. Best of all I got no mossie bites at all thanks to marmite and vitamin B tablets, avon skin so soft fresh and the local spray Emmes. Plenty of sunbeds and parasols and areas with canopies to protect the little ones. Good security too, nobody allowed past the main gates unless they were a guest. Loved it and going again in September
Lynda-thanks for your info re stagecoach, going to ring and bool oldest daughter, youngest wants to but she is only 5, she can swim 25m but I might book her into swim school for her to have something of her own too. :D Will take a bag of pound coins then for the evening kids sessions, they will enjoy the sweetie bingo and choc party. Good to know about the candy floss etc being payable, I dont think I will be bothering with Tom Watch. I'm sure I'll manage enough alcohol without needing TW after 1am. :glynis
The In2action sessions sound fab, do you think they will let me on high ropes :!:

tracey-treacle-thanks for info re parasol and base, I'll never be up by 6am to reserve sunbeds, usually mosey on down after brekkie, so I think its a good idea. I might wait and see what you say about that when you come back.Have a fab time next week. 8)

jettii-sounds like you had a whale of time, glad to see you mentioned play areas as my little un keeps asking. And no mossie bites great, going to copy your formula. I used Avon skin so soft in Dom Rep and it worked then(except when I forgot!!) Also peace of mind re security.
What were the prebookable restaurants like?I would like to book into one for my hubby's 40th and wondered which one would be best for that :?:
Also did you notice anything about the building work next to PP :?: :thanks
Shar
xx
All building work stops on 1 May by law so no problem with that. The prebookable restaurants can only be booked on the day you will use them, you book at a desk in reception that opens at 9.30 and only so many bookings taken. We only went to the Italian one which was excellent. They do provide cakes etc for birthdays as long as you let them know, there were lots of birthdays while we were there and a couple of weddings. They seem to do a wonderful wedding package down to the last detail, everything taken care of for you.
With reference to the mossies, the last time I went to Turkey I had to have a week off work because I had such a bad reaction to the mossie bites and as PP does have a mossie problem it was great finding something that kept them at bay and we did see a lot of people with quite bad bites. We did marmite for 2 weeks before we went and replaced it with vitamin B while we were there
hi there

have been reading all the talk on the soccer club...etc.
we were told you could book before you got there but if we left it till we get there it will probably be cheaper. what do you reckon?? will i be struggling to get a place?

will probably see you there Lynda as we are there July 9th to 23rd with our 2 boys 13 and 10.

after reading through all these i only intended on taking sterling with me, not sure about a few lira for tipping as some have said.

i am so excited i am getting the cases out this weekend to start putting some things in...sad i know...but who cares!!

kelly
x
Hi all,

One week today and i cant wait. Can anyone tell me what time the evening entertainment finishes and if there is anything on after like a mini disco or something. I have heard some stories from other sites that on AI all the entertainment stops dead at 11 and thats it.
Dont take too much lira as you may be struggling to spend it unless yo plan to use the spa. We had a turkish bath on our first day which was the most money we spent in one go. Absolutely recommend it as it prepares your skin for tanning, if you do it later it takes your tan off. We had a turkish bath followed by a massage and facial for 100 lira done by real professionals and Ive never felt better.
Traceytreacle1 wrote:
last time we went we took lira and pounds sterling.....intend to only take sterling, anyone think this will be a problem.....thanks

Not a problem - that's what we are doing this year. The exchange rate here is so poor at the moment, it will be much better out there. The hotel reception will exchange money for you or just do as we intend to, exchange enough to get yourself a taxi into the village (7 lira I think) and then exchange any money you want into lira at the post office as they give a better rate than the hotel!

robrymond wrote:
Why take parasols when there is covers round the pools for shade? Seems a waste to me as you aren't allowed to use them on the beach because of turtles.

That's ok if you don't mind sitting around the main pool as there are only canopies around there but we liked sitting around the flume pool because it was quiter on the whole. The only time it got really busy was when the flumes were on 10-12 and 2-4.

Bullseye wrote:
Lynda-thanks for your info re stagecoach, going to ring and bool oldest daughter, youngest wants to but she is only 5, she can swim 25m but I might book her into swim school for her to have something of her own too......The In2action sessions sound fab, do you think they will let me on high ropes

My elder daughter was already a good swimmer last year and they did survival skills with her at swim kids, so they cater for the more competant ones too. And yes, I think the big kids (read adults :wink: ) can go on the high ropes. You won't catch me up there though - I'm a wuss when it comes to heights :lol:

Kellyj6211 wrote:
have been reading all the talk on the soccer club...etc. we were told you could book before you got there but if we left it till we get there it will probably be cheaper. what do you reckon?? will i be struggling to get a place? will probably see you there Lynda as we are there July 9th to 23rd with our 2 boys 13 and 10.

It was no difference in price last year as far as I know. And if you don't book them in they may not get a place , although my kids aren't supposed to break up from school til the 20th July (not sure when everywhere else in the country does) so you may be ok leaving it until you get out there. Will see you there!

Lynda xx
what's the weather like? we go next monday
Bullseye: will just look out for the party that are celebrating the loudest!!! I am 50 the week before we go so no doubt will be celebrating too.

Lynda 1972 - my son is booked into the soccer school already (he is 12). My daughter works for FC and she said that as we are there during the school holidays it is advisable to pre book; just in case it is full up and you cannot get the days you want. Obviously this could just be a sales ploy on her part ........... but we have done it anyway!

We used Avon skin so soft last year in Cuba and it worked - unless we missed a bit!! We never tried the Vitamin B/Marmite route but hey if it works - go for it.

Looks like a few people will be there at the same time as us. Know when we went to HV Costa del Sol lots of us from this site managed to meet up for a drink and it was nice to put a face to the name.
Its nice to meet up with people off here, it can really make your holiday. We met up with three couples from ht out there last May and we had a great time.

Funnily enough, I've just been looking at the hv in Costa del sol, I hope you enjoyed it? Feel free to pm me any reply so that I don't put this off topic! :lol:

We're totally between going back to the PP (can't get out of calling it pegasus palace) and the hv in Costa del sol. I don't fancy going back to PP for a third time in a row, but it really has come down to a choice between these two holiday villages. Might wait and see what one, if any, is available at a good price at the last minute. Knowing me we'll end up with nothing! :roll:

C xxx
Scottishmum - have pm'd you.
my son has asked if he can take his healys with him, i know last time we were at the palace some children had their micro scooters. any opinions appreciated....two more sleeps..... :fly
They were selling the clip-on heely type things out there last year, and there were loads of kids with them, so no problem with heely's. My daughter will be thrilled!

Lynda xx
ok...still on the soccer club and stuff...if i book them in now do i have to specify a day i want them booked in on or do i get to choose when i get there, as they are not sure what day they want to go really...(males!!!)

my 2 are not supposed to break up till 20th july either but when we booked in Jan it was almost £1k more if we went in school hols!!!

kelly
x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.