Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I have booked my son in the soccer school for 2 days only and if he likes it will try and get him in for more days whilst we are there. They did not ask me whats days I would prefer him to go, we are only there for 1 week so I am hoping they will be at the beggining onf the week.

Lynda
We are off on Monday and a Turkish bath is first on my list to do. We were just going to use the one in the hotel for ease, but reading your post can you suggest an off site authentic one and how long will it take to get there, have the bath and get back.

Thanks
thanks lynda......just hope he doesnt take out too many clothes so he can fit his heelys in the case !
hi there

yes i am all for the turkish bath within a few days of arriving, but i would also like some options of where to go for the best value ones..

i agree and think i might pop into the Travel agents and book the soccer school this week. they can choose when they get there.

after reading this the jeep safari seems like a good bet, so will probably do that one too..but your plan sounds like a good one Lynda

kelly
x
Last year both me and my husband did the turkish bath package in the hotel which was a turkish bath plus massage and facial - £40 each which was very extravangant for us! Did this at the beginning of the holiday and then after venturing out of the hotel (remember we went just after the bombings in marmaris!) we did the jeep safari, dalyan mud baths & turtle beach trips booked with Mustafa at Sarigerme Tours and then booked a Turkish Bath and trip to Ortaca market with another tour agent.

The Turkish Bath we went to was only about 15 minutes drive from the hotel on the way to Ortaca. It was a "locals" bath so there were Turkish people there as well as other holiday makers. The price we paid (£8 each for me and hubby plus £4 each for two of my kids, my 6 year old was free, so £24 in total) was excellent value compared to the hotel package as all five of us got done! They offer an oil massage as an optional extra once you get there so don't forget to take some money for that and drinks as it's VERY hot! We were picked up in a minibus at the hotel gate and taken direct to the baths then brought straight back door-to-door as soon as we were finished. In all about 2.5 hours I think we were gone. We didn't have an oil massage as we went quite late in the day and wanted to get back before the kids got too hungry, but we'll definitely do that this time.

Lynda xx
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what time the entertainment finishes in the venings and if there is a disco or anything afterwards?

Thanks
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me if there are any ATMs at the Holiday Village or in the village and if not, can you get money at the hotel on a debit card?
Many thanks
xxstephiexx : The entertainment finished about 11 when we were there 2 weeks ago although it was slightly different depending on what the entertainment was, also they had a disco but no one used it (hotel was too quiet) so they turned that off early. There is also a club on site (open in peak season) which is open til 3am.

SouthernBrummie: No ATMs at the hotel or in Sarigerme, nearest is Ortaca (5 lira for 2 people to get there on the dolmus) Although ive heard again there is a mobile cash machine in Sarigerme in peak season. We took cash so do not know if you can get money at hotel on a debit card, I'd doubt it though.
x
There is a nightclub in the Tropical which PP people were using during our stay a week ago.

It is reffered to as 'Disco' on the signs as is open from 11pm-3am, although Bayram who DJ's, said that they only do until 1-1.30 now especially as it's never that busy this early in the season.

The music is mainly dance, RnB and hip-hop hence not popular with the older people, but the reps all go down for a dance and we went most nights for a drink, a dance and whatnot.
Do you have to pay for the drinks in there or is it still All Inclusive?
is it ok for children to go down there robrymond, my son doesnt go to bed early on holiday and he likes a dance bless him?
Drinks are AI until 1am in-line with the rest of the bars, and no under 18's are allowed inside.

Surprisngly they were quite strict about this, they had a security guard outside the doors and they seemed to question those who did look young. If you have an older teenager, then they'll be allowed in providing they look fairly old.

I'm not sure if there is a club in the Palace too though, I'm sure I heard someone say there was, but then I always used to read that only the Tropical had the nightclub room.
Hi all, with regards only taking sterling money this is good for the market and booking your excursions but if you use it in the shops you generally get short changed in lira, the exchange rate in the hotel was 2.42 and when i bought it in firstchoice shop i got 2.6. there was no cash machine in the village it will be brought in peak season we asked the coach driver to stop in dalyan to use cash point when we went to the mud baths. weather was poor the last couple days we were there very windy and was cold at night.
Fosters and becks were free on all inc in palace but it was only in bar near reception
food was great they have turkish night on saturdays with market and food
jeep safari is the best trip they do by far and the mud baths were ok
kids clubs were good some of the one's at night had more than 50 children at a time in them!!! in the day there were not so many
fridges dont work brilliant in the room and a/c was ok not powerful
any other q's please ask
From what I recall when I was there in 2005, the PP had a late night disco in the hotel but drinks were not all inclusive.
hi there

we intend on taking all sterling with us in cash as there are safes in the room, do you think it will be safe in here then? and will stuff like watches be safe in the room if we forget to put them in the safe? also how much spends do you think we will need there for 2 weeks?

i had heard they short change you in shops, and will take sterling off you but will only give change in lira.

kelly
x
we fly out on monday and first choice havent got our tickets yet...is anyone else having this trouble?
We fly out Monday with First Choice and have had our tickets for a couple of weeks now.
hi we got our tickets about 4 weeks ago & we go monday too.

5 sleeps!!!!!!
Ive rung first choice and they told me to go into their shop and they will print me a letter and i can collect my tickets from the airport on Monday. Im not impressed to be honest but what can i do. Also i know its slightly off topic and i do appologise but how many suitcases can we take each? Im only taking 1 small one and a big one but my husband said the laws have all changed now is that right?
Hi
We got our tickets about 4 weeks ago too, and we go on Saturday from Gatwick.
We asked about the luggage at the agents, as we usually put all of the kids clothes in together, so they have a large holdall between them. We were told that we can take up to a max. of one case/holdall each plus one piece of hand luggage each. That each case/holdall can weigh no more than 20kg, but if the kids have one holdall between them then it must still weigh no more than 20kg even though it is for them both. So for us it makes more sense to take 4 bags, to get 4x20kg.
Only 3 nights to go! :sun
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.