Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi just returned from the palace, our second visit first in 2005. had a good time weather was ok, very warm -hot, two afternoons clouded over and one night of rain but last few days were scorching. plenty of sunbeds, if you want a certain position best to be up for 8-9am, but i was there during half term. kids clubs good although organisition needs looking into, had three different booking in procedures whilst there but think they have finally settled on booking in between 10-11.30am at royal pool bar for the next days clubs, only one daytime and one evening session allowed, but again it was half term week. if you went along to the club the next day and there was room in the session the child could go. Raft building and high ropes and pirates adventure were excellent. pirates adventure was a 3.5hour session for £10 an included high ropes and canoeing. food was ok, prefered the restaurant at lunchtime to the evening meals, but always something to eat. No chance of getting drunk, especially at the royal pool bar, a dribble of vodka, i often gave my glass back and asked for more, though at the slide pool bar it was often too strong! entertainement is either in the ampitheatre or the royal pool bar(bingo , quiz , games etc) won £100 on bingo and only played twice. Had a jacuzzi suite , great position close to main pools, restaurant and quiet jacuzzi pool outside the door (room 5024). we got a taxi at 9am and went to market on sunday in sarigerme and it drove me nuts! if you know what you want get in and out, good fun though. we had booked a late checkout until 6pm, and when we went back to our room at 5pm we culdn't get in, but reception reactivated the card. we also paid an extra £10 to stay in room until 8pm, or its £20 until midnight, but book it early as they only allow so many rooms to be kept on.if you have any questions please asked or pm me.
I was at the Palace in 2005 and there was njo Slide pool or a bar named the Royal pool bar. Are they on the tropical side?
Duncan I think the Royal pool bar is the one by the Jacuzzi pool and the slide bar the one where the food was at lunch time??? Not sure but thinking it must be?
hi yes sorry for the confusion, just the names i used to help others know what bar i meant on site, although the bar by the jacuzzi pool and main pool is called the royal bar and the one by the slide pool is the one with the food.....which is now laid out on proper refrigerated catering units rather than a wooden table! with regrads to the building work...non exsistent at present, although i am quite surprised at how close they have built the new hotel to the pegasos palace. we do like the holiday village and would go back for another week but please do not expect too much in the way of evening entertainment, same thing every night and a show put on by the reps just like the x factor auditions!!! talk to other people or go in a crowd and make your own entertainment.
hi can anyone tell me whether we will be using euros or lira in the holiday village. my kids will be in and out of the shop and games rooms all day and not sure what currency to take,thanks
Samantha, you are much better off taking sterling you get a lot more for your money, we took Lira last year and were ripped off everywhere we went. I am not sure they even took any euros in the hotel but I could be wrong on that one.
Samantha
we took mainly sterling and £100 in lira.....they prefer sterling everywhere. we used the lira for taxis , sweet shop stuff, in the games room used sterling as you have to buy tokens, kids club used sterling or lira..........but if you want to play bingo at the royal pool bar in the evening (only one game, lasts about 15 mins) it is only lira, 3 lira a game card. take small notes £5, £10 as easier to barter in market......most footy kits £10 in market, 'lacoste' tshirts 4 for £20.
Hi,

Does anyone you know if you can hire a buggy at the HV? and if so how much it would be for 2 weeks and can we take it off site?

Ceri
hi, i saw a number of people all with the same beige chicco buggys, and they all had a different number stamped on them, so i assumed they were hire buggies. i would contact first choice .....
Evening,

Can anyone tell me if they still allow smoking in the main bar by reception, as i was reading on one of the other forum's that it will stop
the same time as the uk, ie 1st july, is this true or just a myth!!!

Cheers

Phippsy :?
Hi

The pushchairs were £15 per week from the creche (I seem to remember) we had to hire one as our wheel fell of ours. We left it in the room at teh end of the stay but we had to agree this first.

As for smoking, keep it outside, it is horrible smoking in front of pregnant mothers and in front of young children. You don't realise how bad it smells until you stop and I am speaking from experience.

Take sterling to use everywhere except maybe taxis and tips. The hotel are the worst for changing lira back in to sterling or vice versa, they are all con merchants when it comes to exchanging your cash. It is OK for the odd tenner but when it goes in to hundreds, you could be losing out on £50, be very mindfull at the rates and the charges and you will be OK.

For us it seems that the cash machine in the village was best, get a very favourable exchange rate and worked out much cheaper than taking travellers cheques and changing money, just ensure you take lots of £10's as they are usefull for bartering and paying for stuff.

Hope the hotel has sorted out the tummy bugs and the strange pool bacteria problem that made me extremly sick. Would have been a great holiday if it wasent for that!

The stall that sells leather belts on the resort is a rip off. I paid £10 for a diesel belt that disintegrated when I got home.

If anyone gotg drunk last year, well done as I drank loads and never got drunk. I found that by ordering a spirit and then a coke seperatley, you got the strenght you wanted, as a tip!

When we went, it was very, very hot. Please make sure you drink loads of bottled water and take out trips with serigerme tours as they were great for us and our 3 kids.

All the best to those going this year, we are going to Bulgaria at the end of the season so am well looking forward to that.
Hi all, got back from 2 weeks in HV on Friday. We had a good time the first week was much better than the 2nd week(half term). No problems getting sunbeds etc 1st week but 2nd week was a bit of a problem some days and as usual you have the early birds getting up and reserving sunbeds then hardly using them all day!!!!!

Food was not to my taste and certainly not 4 star, everything is covered in chilli flakes or herbs and spices so the kids mainly eat chips for 2 weeks which was quite annoying as both my children love their veggies.

We had a good holiday but we wouldn't go back there, would rather go to the HV in majorca.

feel free to ask any questions as different people have different opinions!
Can anyone who has been this year, tell me if the kids club, is being shared with the tropical first choice customers or if it is just fot the palace side, as i have also read somewhere that they can use both kids clubs

The Tropical kids club is run by 'Star Friends', Iberostar reps while the HV is First Choice where I believe it is all English.

The Star Friends are a mix of Turks and Bulgarians and kids stuff isn't on the scale as the HV.
the kids clubs are seperate, everything is, some people use both hotels as there isn't any actual barriers.
Hello!

I am arriving next Thursday! Cant wait!

Can anyone give me any advice about the kids clubs? I have a 8 year old daughter. What time are they on? How long for? Is there a charge for them? If so is it in sterling or Lira?

Thank you!
Just got back tonight and overall had a good time.
Building work - Had a kids den overlooking the new hotel, the most noise we heard was someone cutting the grass,
Mozzies - Had plug in for room, avon spray, jungle stuff and sin kov but my husband and I got bit to bits, kids got none.
Food ok, Turkish night very nice. Tried the Turkish restaurant you book, not much choice and not very nice.
Kids club - Rules for booking changed 3 times in the week we were there and I felt like I spent the whole week in a Q. When they got in they enjoyed the activities. My kids were in the 9-16 age group, my 9 year old loved it but the 12 year old found somethings "babyish" nothing for teenages.
Everything very clean, pool areas great, no bother getting a sun bed. Had to be up early to get a brolly, may be better to take your own.
Night time entertainment - only watched a couple because of mozzies (were not impressed) Did not like amphitheatre, no atmosphere.
You can easily walk between palace and tropical and we spent a moring over there round the slide pool.
Kids had a great time. Would we go back, my husband says no as he scratches his BITES.
Any questions ask away.
Hi

we got back yesterday and had a brilliant time. The place is very clean and the staff are friendly. Food was a bit repetitive but still managed to find something to eat most nights. The entertainment wasnt all that but the pantomime was great. The only problem we had was with the football club, we booked my son in and he was supposed to go up on stage to recieve a certifiacte on the last night but apparently they ran out and the peiople running the football club didnt have the guts to tell us themselves and didnt show up. But when i complained to the FC Reps they were very helpful. I would defianantly go back.
So far it sounds as though most of the gripes are the usual teething problems that come with the start of every season. I'm sure the organisation will get better as time goes on and the staff find their feet. It's unfortunate that the "early pioneers" are bearing the brunt of it though :(

Am very glad I've bought my £5.50 sun brolly from Next. Can anyone whose been this year tell me if there are there plenty of bases for the brolly's even if there are no brollys in them? I even have a plan for taking the base thing that holds my christmas tree if it sounds as though the bases are in short supply as that will be fine to hold my brolly up :lol:

Am going mid July this year so will definitely need the brolly more than last year (end Aug) 8)

Thanks
Lynda xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.