Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Lauden sorry you didn't have a good time with the kids club.

When i was there august last year complex was fully booked but still managed to goto kids club as many time as you wanted in the day, all if you wanted to, the only time you had to book were the chocolate party, sweetie bingo, bugs bunny bash, basicly any paid activity, any of the normal kids club times you didn't have to book unless they have changed for the start of the season, may be not enough staff, also found entertainment to be good even in the ampertheatre only problem was the mozzies if you sat in the wrong place you would have the chance of being bitten, going again in eleven weeks so hope it's still same as last year
When we were there in 2005 we booked the next days kids clubs during the mini disco in the evening at the ampitheatre. It worked very well, so I dont know why they have changed it.

One thing we want is for the kids to get in the clubs and for us to have that couple of hours quiet time. Less than 3 weeks to go now and all are getting a bit excited!
Gosh Laudan, it really does sound disorganised! It sounds as though they changed the system on the sunday not to limit the number of sessions you could go to as it was the end of half term (ie less busy?). I suppose when we went last year the real peak weeks were over so that's why the kids had unlimited access to the clubs. Although on the downside the older wavelength (the 12+ age) sometimes didn't run due to lack of interest. You can't win really!

I will definitely pack my christmas tree base then to hold my brolly :lol: :wink: Thanks for that!

Lynda xx
hi lynda, i took our own brolly from next :wink: as we are early risers most days we got a pool brolly and we were always able to find a base at one of the small jacuzzi pools that we took to the slide pool if necessary. there were plenty of umbrellas on the beach. we were there during half term week and yes the organisation of the kids club needs looking into.....Q Q Q Q Q !!! one night I queued at 8pm to book in for the next day ( 1 day and 1 evening session) by the time i got out of this queue, I had to join the queue for my son to go into the 9pm session that i had booked the day before ! No dinner for me that night. They changed the booking in schedule the next day as people were not happy. When we went in august 2005 my son attended as many clubs as he wanted and the sheets to book in were left on tables at the kids club from 4pm in the afternoon and the parents were treated as adults and were able to fill them in themselves...no Q's. I do appreciate it is probably due to new reps finding their feet so hopefully this will improve..........even though the evening entertainment was pretty rubbish we would go back for a week.
traceytreacle1 wrote:
we are early risers

See that's my problem - we're not early risers! We only managed to get down in time for breakfast twice other than when we had set an alarm because we were going out on day trips :lol: Lost count of the number of days my kids had pizza for breaskfast from the pool bar :oops:
When we were there last week I didn't see any spare bases for umbrella's but we didn't feel the need to have an umbrella as half of the sunbeds have big shade canopy's. There wasn't one day that we couldn't get a sunbed somewhere, just a couple of days we couldn't get the usual spot which was at the walk in end of the big pool. We loved this area as near to the pool bar and my son can't swim and wanted to paddle in the pool, some of the pools don't have a shallow end especially the jucuzzi suite pools.

Our first week wasn't too busy and the second week was half term so this got busy. 1st week could just walk to the kids club and they just went in, didn't bother going the 2nd week as my kids found it boring and wanted to stay around the pool, so not sure how busy it was.
Hi, we go to HVT in 5 weeks. To those who have already been this season, what is the situation with the towels like. When we went in 2005 we took our own but heard the towels usually ran out very quickly just thought I might try using their towels this time as it will save on the extra weight I believe is now a lot stricter (no more than 23kg in one case) I usually take two large cases about 28kg and the kids have small ones holding about 10kg so the family weight all together has been OK. Apparently now you cant do this. Just have to get the kids bigger cases wont I. Also, could you remind me if the hairdryers in the rooms are hand dryers or those very silly annoying tube things in the bathroom.
In the Tropical they were those dryers on a tube in the bathroom. Towel wise, leave them at home, my Mum forgot anyway, but maybe take one or two as backup!
Sccobydoo - we didn't take any towels of our own last year - there was always loads at the towel hut and the first week we were there it was still school hols so it was busy. We even kept hold of our pool towels overnight a couple of times when we knew we would be up and out early (before towel hut opened) so we could take them on our day trips with us. We just dried them on the balcony.
We took 2 of own towels and were pleased as we went to the towel hut once at about 11 and there was no towels left. I did not take a hair dryer but wished I did as the one in the bathroom is not very powerful and Ive got thick hair so it took ages to dry.
we have just come back from the tropical-could not fault it -plenty of sunbeds no queing for food which was ecellent-the turkish was the best we have had in turkey-the pools we empty and the slides for the kids were great-the soccer school was a good but they decided to run it at 1-3 for 10 year kids when it was about 30 degrees?the coaches run soccer taunaments every day at 5 which is £4 per kid-which they seem more bothered about-probally because its all money to them?
hi just wanted to mention about the weight of cases....first choice website state 23kg max per case, so we bought new cases so we had one each, on checkin i asked the guy and he said a case can weight up 32kg but no more, preferably below 30kg........... :?
:D Hi everyone. Going with First Choice from Humberside on 20th August. 1st time to Turkey. Thanks to everyone who's posted on this subject - managed to put my mind at ease. Travelling with my girlfriend and 9 year old daughter....look forward to seeing anybody there. Will keep looking on this site to see if there's anybody else coming too :)
Laudan- I was pleased to see on your post that you can visit the Tropical next door, I was originally booked in there but changed it to HV when I heard that the facilities were no longer shared. I would like to see the hotel and grounds,nosey thats all! :wink: and I've heard their slides are fast :P So wouldn't mind a go on those. Sounds like you had a bit of an outing with the kids club, sorry to hear that, hoping the problems will be ironed out by the time we go.

Lynda-I'm going to follow you with the brolly idea as we are going on the 23rd July and I think it will be hot :sun .Good thinking Batman re the xmas tree base :idea: It should be easy to spot you then with that, I'll bring a cold one over :glynis . Traceytreacle had a good point about getting one from the quieter jacuzzi pools. :)

6 weeks on Monday, seems like forever, but need to loose 2 stone by then! :? might need to chop off a leg for that though :lol:
shar
xx
hi there

we are going 4 weeks on monday..yippee cant wait, but have not really thought about umbrellas. do you think we will need to take one as i know it is going to be quite hot there? wasnt going to as want all the space i can get for the mozzie spray and factor 50 and the asbestos suit and divers helmet because i burn..ha ha!!

have read about the idea of strapping it to the suitcase on the outside but am not sure this will be safe enough. how hot do you think it will get there in july?

kelly
x
Kelly, it will get into the mid to high 30's (shade temp) in July so will be very hot indeed.
Bullseye - we too are going six weeks Monday from Gatwick. When we went to the HV CdelS, there was so much shade around that we never felt the rush to get a brolley so am not worried about this HV. There was always brollies available from the Towel Collection Point when we were in Spain and I should imagine that there will be sufficient but then again .......

Like you, was hoping to have lost a couple of stone but have decided that there is really not point anymore as I will just put a stone back on!!!!

Anyone else going then?
With reference to taking brollys, there are large areas around the pools that are completely covered by shade. For example in the pool with the shallow end there was 3 rows of beds in the sun the a space then another 2 rows of beds completly covered by roof. You can get a couple of beds in the sun and 1 behind in the shade.
Bullseye - you'll catch me by the flume pool probably as that's where we parked most days last year. Turquoise next brolly with my christmas tree base - you won't miss me :wink: :lol: And yes, the flumes on the tropical side are FAST. I nearly lost my bikini completely last year the first time I went down the steep one as I had my youngest on my lap and was more concerned with keeping her above the water when we landed. Haven't laughed so much in ages :lol:

5 weeks on Monday and counting...one stone lost, one more to go 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.