Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Easy, get yourself a good guidebook and a few 7 day bus passes and go and visit stuff that is free, alternatively don't even buy a guidebook but go to the Tourist info office at Luqa Airport or indeed at City Gate Valletta and pick up a mountain of free leaflets and brochures and maps about village walks, city / history walks such Birgu and Valletta and leaflets about churches and gardens in Malta they are all free to do, we have done loads of these walks and they are ace, and by using the bus you will have an almost free day out, ask again if you want me to tell you a few free / dead cheap things and I will happilly do so but in my own time.

Regards
Sliema2
agree with all of above posting

Malta is alot cheaper than the UK for most things. What were you told was expensive ?
my in-laws thought it was more expensive to drink in malta than say greece or spain but reasonable to eat out.does anyone else find this the case?
typical prices in Malta

bottle of beer 0.40-60c
gin and tonic 50c-75c
pizza Lm1.50-2.50
typical meal for 2 incl bottle of wine Lm15-20

not sure how these compare to Greece or Spain
gozo mark
thanks for those prices.can you convert them to £s-i cant quite get the hang of it -i know its approx .60 to one £ so would ml1.2 be £2? sorry if i seem slow !
thanks
no probs !

bottle of beer 0.40-60c = 65p-£1
gin and tonic 50c-75c = 80p-£1.20
pizza Lm1.50-2.50 = £2.50- £4
typical meal for 2 incl bottle of wine Lm10-20 = £16-32
I say a big thumbs up to Gozo Mark :bow , he is so helpfull and informative he is a real credit to the Islands and this Forum what would we do without him, grazzi hafna Mark :thanks

Regards
Sliema2
Will probably be in Ghawdex next month Mark, going to stuff ourselves with Gbejna, hobz, taddam, and Imbid Lokalli at Ta Rikardus in Rabat, also hoping to get a pint in Gleneagles at Mgarr if he opens in good time that is.
sounds like a well planned day !
Indeed, one of many Mark we like to squeeze every last drop of enjoyment from our trips to the Magic Islands, we really miss them when we return to boring grotty old uk.
Hi

Does anyone know what it is ike in Malta over Christmas? Are there still tourist shops open and excursions available? Want to get away but would also like to exlore whilst there.

Thanks
Hi there, we have been between Xmas and new year. During the day nearly everything was open and there were plenty of excursions etc. The evenings were very quiet though but plenty of bars still opened
Hi

Many thanks - sounds just whati am looking for
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.