Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Got our visas back today,7 day turn round, :wave:
Nice one split :tup That must be such a relief. I know nothing should go wrong, BUT........
moles, kent wrote:
Nice one split :tup That must be such a relief. I know nothing should go wrong, BUT........

Hi Moles,yes for sure,we feel like we can start to do the packing now :wave:
good luck with yours :tup
Is it still 2 photos you have to send with the application. I cannot see anywhere on the application which says how many
I sent two but like you I couldn't find where it said it!
Visas sent off today. Fingers n legs crossed
daughters visa sent off 4th (late in day) received back today 8 days in all ... pretty good
chilly
Taken ours to Birmingham today.
After the problem we had when there was a postal strike I only trust me.
I expect to get a text on Monday or Tuesday to say come and fetch them.

It still amazes me that the way you apply changes every time.
This year you can submit your photo on line but according to the lady at VFS Global that is something the will roll out next year.
Good job I had some photos to stick on the applications.
Trying for year visas again. This gives us scope for trips later in the new year. £127.60 for the pair.
That's £27.60 in admin and handling.
Fingers crossed then the countdown can really begin.

Steve
Visas back just now, saturday AM.
posted last Friday afternoon so wouldn't have been delivered to them until Monday.
used last years photos, no problem.

breathes sigh of relief!!
We've had out quickest turnaround yet.
Posted last Monday and back to us today. I thought the whole process was smooth this year, the form was easy to fill in I always save a copy of the application so printed last years off and just copied everything just changing the dates and previous visa no.
I notice that the visa itself is a bit different this year.
Instead of just having the photo in the bottom left it also ahs a sort of "plain"colour photo top right.
That's right Del it also has the port of entry printed on it!! A bit of confusion going on re this on TA. Also I think it depends on where your visa is processed if it has the second photo on some people have received last years type with the stamp and signature on
One year it will be simple, striaghtforward with no confusion........or perhaps not!
Then what would they find to stamp in triplicate?
Some big changes upcoming with regards to Indian visas but I can't post links, something about not enough posts. Info is very interesting too and looks like it may be a bit more difficult to continuously apply for visas etc.

Database will hold data of visitors and entry and exit will be tracked. Black/watch list to be implemented as well as alerts for any overstayers.
Hi all,

Thought I'd post some important Indian visa changes, something for the future with upcoming changes but there's links below. It is known as IVFRT and the MHA have now opened the office in Delhi where all data will be held and the international missions and FRRO's will refer to for application approvals.

Essentially India will be moving to track the entry and exit of all visitors, hold a file for all visitors. Create a black/watch list and a live system notifying authorities of overstayers. It'll stop people living in India on the wrong visa, identify those moving in and out with ulterior motives etc.

This may indicate why we are seeing some visas with a printed port of entry.

Confirmation of visas being issued without stamp and signature. The 3rd link looks like it can only be viewed on a smartphone but it's interesting on the implementation of the stages of IVFRT.

http://totallyexpat.com/global-immigration-news/india-consular-posts-issuing-visas-stamped-seal-signature/

http://www.fragomen.com/newsresources/xprNewsDetailFrag.aspx?xpST=GlobalAlerts&news=1622

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/49524844
Have passports been returned two to a SDE or do we have to send 2 envelopes this year. I did read earlier in the year that they would only return one passport per SDE. Thanks for help on this.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.