Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hyah again,
loads of people seem to be really into the "jeep safaries" in olu deniz.
what actually happend on them?
where do they take you, what do you do? and what is it like type of thing.
its just over 5 weeks till my holls now and so i am geting quite excited.
xxxxxxxxx

*Merged to existing topic Briar
They are a fantastic day out, can't recommend them enough!!! You've got to like getting wet tho! :wink: Here's a link to a post on this board, loads of info in there for you, enjoy!! :D

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=32392
wow thanks for adding my post to this thread, have read through it all and they sound brilliant!!!
will have to make sure we pack our oldest shorts and teeshirts to go on it.
any tips on the best place to book it in oludeniz? also, are there ones that do not go to the carpet factory, as everywhere round the world we have been - we seem to end up in a carpet factory lol.
its a real good day out the jeep safari i went on one two years ago visted a carpet making place and the mudbath and lots more a full day job.. great!
Hi There!

My OH and I are off to Turkey on Monday, and I quite fancy the idea of a jeep safari, and I am sure he will love it, too. But I have one major concern, which is I am very short sighted, and need my glasses. Even if I could get contacts sorted in time to go, I couldnt wear them all day, so..Is the safari too rough, are my glasses likely to get damaged?

And I think I have figured out the Blue Fish thing, and if I have, will that affect my glasses?

I know it sounds petty, but without them, I am practically blind, and I only have the one pair (plus sunnies!)

Thanks
Another question, sorry,

Just mentioned this to OH and he really wants to do it, but would like to drive the jeep? Is that allowed? And I assume that would mean him having to take his driving license with us?

Thanks
My wife wears glasses and has been on two jeep safaris and suffered no damage what so ever.

With regards to driving your own jeep, some companies allow this but I would leave it the experts, If your driving you don;t get chance to admire all the scenery as you will need to concentrate on the road especially when off roading.

Dave
not long to go now - going 2nd June

an anyone tell me what the jeep safari trips are like? I have twins of 5 who I "think" would enjoy it - just wondered if it was suitable for them or if best to stick to the boat trips.
hi cass, personally i would not take children on the jeep safari as friends of mine in marmaris had a nasty accident, when the driver was going so fast they went over the side of a cliff (my friends were just cut and bruised but one woman was paralised) so i would stick to boat trips, hope you have a great time lucky you im not there till july......tracy
Hi all

We want to go on the jeep safari when we go to Marmaris in July. As we've read that most people take water guns on this day out to shoot at each others jeeps - i wondered where do you buy the water guns from?
Shall we buy some cheap ones from the UK to take with us, do we buy them somewhere in Marmaris before we book the trip or do the jeeps drop you off somewhere to get them before the journey starts (and if so how much are they)???

Thanks - Malita and kids!!! :wink:
go to tansas or mgros and get them before you go on the trip........... OR get a 2 litre water/coke bottle and carefully punch a hole in the top........just as good and lasts longer :wink:
Hi all

Here info about Jeep Safari from Sarigerme

All route is 138 km
Pick up time is 9:30 in the morning from Pegasos
We drive to Ortaca among Turkish villages You see real turkish village life on the way. We stop to see the rock tombs on the way then we drive to Koycegiz which has a nice lake
After arriving to Koycegiz lake we have half hour swim break in the lake then we drive to Yuvarlak Stream where we take 5 min walk to the source of the stream. after taking a fantastic walk we go to a restaurant which is located on the stream. Having Lunch we drive to Dalyan takes half hour to get to Dalyan we have 1,5 hours swimming break in turtle beach then we drive to Radar Station hill where you can see all Dalyan channel view
Then we drive back to Sarigerme at about 5 in the evening
%75 of its off-road drive
The Jeeps are Military Land Rover

Price is £20
0-6 free
7-12 half price
Lunch included. For lunch Fish,Chicken,Meatball

Please feel free to ask any question which you may have

Enjoy
Mustafa
Just got back from Marmaris 11/7, superb week again but was informed during the holiday of a tragic accident happening resulting in a fatality and other members of the same British family left in critical condition, I spoke to a Turkish friend and he confirmed this tragic accident. I feel that other members must know about the risks involved, I don't know the full facts but hopefully the real facts will be revealed. It took the gloss off the holiday I just can't get this out of my head. I heard other people booking jeep safari's and felt like warning them of what had happened to reconsider their choices, it seems that the local street dealers were still touting their trips. Please don't think I'm scaremongering I just feel so touched by this accident and my heart goes out to the people affected.
Hi we got back 10th july and were also there at the time off this tragic accident :cry:

I will put a report on here next week has my mum passed away while we were on holiday

Once we get funeral over with i will put full report on about the new termanil the hotel armar were we stayed and the tragic accident that accured on the jeep safari.
There was also the incident the week before of the wire snapping whilst 2 ladies were parasailing during a thunderstorm.I witnessed that happen and whislst it was horrifying at the time,luckily both girls escaped with bruises after drifting over the resot of Marmaris.
sorry to hear about your mum Celine, deepest sympathies.

jackie
Celine so sorry to hear about your mother.
i have been on the jeep in icmeler/marmaris

some of the drivers drive like maniacs
surely the people who sell these excursions ie to/side stalls
are in some way liable
do their have insurance for this as iam quite sure travel insurance dont cover,

great sympathy to those effected by this tragic accident
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.