Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
shopping
104 Posts
this sounds terrific. Is it an all day affair ? And what kind of lunch do they provide ????

How dangerous is the jeep ? I hear theres no seatbelts ?

And am i right in thinking the price is around £10 each ? Thats amazing ...
Different resorts have different trips so I can only comment on the one from Olu Deniz that I went on. I paid slightly more than some others on offer as I wanted to be on a bigger jeep (14 seater) with seatbelts as I was concerned about my kids. I am sure it was more thrilling on a smaller jeep , but wasn't my choice. Lunch at the gorge was salad, bread and a choice of meatballs, chicken or trout. A long day 12 hours nearly , and we were shattered at the end but we will do it again this year! great fun. :D
lallygirl - where did you book your jeep with seatbelts? We'll be in Olu in August, and the kids can't wait to do the jeep safari, but I'd very much like to feel 'safe' if you know what I mean :roll:
Hi lallygirl

How much did it cost? I also am willing to pay extra for the safey of seat belts large jeep etc. Did you book it at the BB hotel with the rep or independently? Also were you drenched in clean water or dirty lake water?(i'm such a wimp can probably only manage clean :D )
Hi doepsmc
i think it came to around £33 (for 3) - only a small discount for the kids where as others were offering much larger discounts but smaller jeeps. also the jeeps looked new and had leather seats - hot but easy to wipe down after the soakings! Ibooked independently - there is plenty of choice. We used Kara Coy on the main street - they kept us in lemon tea and soft drinks after we booked. Couldn't pass without having a drink with them. Did you see my reply about the visa? :D
hi doepsmc
yes the water was clean, at least not obviously dirty. worst soaking we got were from adults with hosepipes!
sorry Cyber missed your post first time but hopefully your question was answered . Saw how fast some of the Jeeps go and had visions of youngest being bounced out in the middle of nowhere!
Thanks lallygirl :D Is Kara Coy easy to find? We're staying at the Club Sun City and it's our first time in Olu (first time in Turkey actually...) 8)
hi Cyber
very easy - just a few yards down the main street from the beach - next to a restaurant called the hippishake (or something similar)there is a large jewelers on the corner and Sultan Ahmets restaurant opposite - recommended esp the Margaritas!!
saw the sun city it looked excellent. we were at the belcekiz beach which is next door. it was our first time but we will be back in august
Lally
Thanks :D Just need to figure out some way of waterproofing my camera now - may just get a disposable one for the day :roll:
Thanks :D Just need to figure out some way of waterproofing my camera now - may just get a disposable one for the day :roll:
jeep safari best day out.it costs about £10 each this includes pickmup from your hotel a great day dayand lunch,you do get very wet but its not dirty water they stop at lots of places to fill up. we took water bombs and guns with us.they take you to a lovely beach, a honey factory where you can taste all sorts then on to the waterfalls,this trip is a must you come back stinking .
I am thinking of going on the jeep safari when I visit Icmeler in 6 weeks time. To help with my budget planning can someone please advise the approx price of this from last year and are there any good companies to either use or avoid.

Stewart
jeep safari is a great day out. Be prepaired to get wet, very wet. By your water soakers before setting off and take spare large bottles of water with you.
We booked through Erokoy which is across the road from the Alvaro restaurant.

Prices should be on this link. I hope it works.

http://www.anatoliandiscovery.com/

Watch out for the 'Blue Fish'
We paid £12 per adult kids half price last september, don't forget to barter on the first price your offered, great day out and the Blue Fish were wonderful.

Dave
Heading to Marmaris in August, and we would love to do a Jeep Safari, believe or not we have never done one even though this will be our third time to Marmaris. What exactly happens on a Jeep Safari, and where is the best place to book one, and what would the prices be ????

Many Thanks
Jenni
Just dug this out for the people who may not have read about the Blue Fish.

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:08 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most trips do the waterfall and the carpet factory along with the obligatory water fights but a couple of them do give you a chance to try and catch a rare view of these elusive freaks of nature who are indiginouse to the Bozburun peninsular.

It was not possible to see them this May due to the cold water temperatures and too much cloud cover,but on previouse visits during the warmer summer months 2 or three jeeps full off tourists would park up near the river.
Leaving behind our water pistols and bottles and all thoughts off water fights dispelled,as we set off walking down the river to confront nature at her quirkiest.

Ankle deep in water we slowly paddled our way to the small breeding area.
There was no sound except for the water gurgling over a few rocks and stones in its path,as it gently meandered on its way.
Birds call out to each other,warning that strangers are entering their world.
The guide stops and beckons us to an area of deeper water,trees lining the river bank,their branches overhanging the stream,The sun glinting through the leaves and sunbeams dancing on the water.
We all quietly move to the area were the guides are trying to coax out a shoal of these shy elusive creatures into our site.

A voice at the back whispers "I cant see anything"
the secret is you have to get to the front,be patient and the reward of peering into the depths will surely be rewarded.

Everyone left happy,myselfe I felt humble,also a feeling of exhileration that I had just witnessed something that most people never experience on a normal jeep safari and that is the phenomena that is,
"The Blue Fish"
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:28 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading through some old mythilogical tales I came across this explanation for the origins of the Blue Fish.

The story goes that just before Cleopatra left Egypt on her journey to the Bozburun Peninsular in Turkey,she was given a necklace by Mark Anthony made from semi preciouse stones called Lapiz-Lazuli,these gems are a vivid electric blue in colour.

One morning when Cleopatra went down to the river to bathe she was overcome by a deep sense of sadness,brought on by the absence of her lover.
Tears fell from her eyes falling onto the necklace a token of Anthonys love for her.
The gems heavy with the "Tears of Sadness" broke and the jewels fell into the water,on hitting the water each stone was turned by Aphrodite the goddess of love into one of these elusive fish we look for today.
Each fish representing a tear of sadness for a missing loved one and for the memory of Anthonys love for Cleopatra.

Gene

I am just a teller of tales and would like to point out that it is not based on
scientific facts
hey all, im heading to marmaris in June with my partner and my 3 kids ages 8, 6 and 4, I was wondering if anyone who has been on the jeep safari could tell me if it is suitable for young kids

many thanks
emz :D

*Edit to restore normal font Briar
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.