Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hello We are going to g/s on the 11th September first time, any advise on trips, shopping, eating and money would br great.

Did you enjoy

:lol:
Hi Going to golden sand on the 25th of August :D and stopping at the helious spa hotel resort also could you please advise on the hotel with regards to food, location and all inclusive situation if possible .

cheers
max0804
Where are you staying? We are going to G/sands on the 12th sept for our honeymoon, really looking forward to it.
Hi Janeioannou

We are staying at the hotel perla, where are you staying

I have just got off the phone to the travel agents they have changed our flight times and there is a stop off in Belfast on the way back. Have you heard about this
:(
max0804
We are staying at the Kristal Hotel g/sands. Where are you flying from? We fly from Gatwick on the 12th at 17.15, have not been told of any changes, havent got our tickets yet either - have you got yours?
Jane
Hi Jane

We are flying from Cardiff, I noticed on this forum that peoples flights had been changed so I rang our travel agent who did not know anything about it and she rang Balkan who confirmed the changes. There will be a note attached to our tickets apparantly.

Have you been to G/S before
We are travelling with First Choice. No not been to golden sands before, we went to Albena last year and loved the country but Albena was a bit quiet for us. So we decided to go to Golden sands for our honeymoon.
Just had a look on the map of G/Sands and the Kristal is just in front of your hotel. Have you been to G.sands before? If you have can you recommend some nice places to eat out?
Jane
Hi Jane

No We havent been to Bulgaria at all it is our first time I am looking forward to it I have read some good reports. If you fancy meeting let us know
Max0804 Plenty of trips available with reps or street vendors. We did not go on any of these, people told us they were ok especially the Jeep Safari. Visited Varna and Albena by ourselves via bus and taxi. Wouldn't reccomend Varna but Albena was really nice. Lots of good places to eat in G/S we would reccomend the Lighthouse or The Village. Money easy enough to exchange we used the hotel for ours. The local people very friendly, don't be put off by all the people giving out flyers, maybe later or tomorrow will work fine. If near the Hotel Sofia you must try the Irish Pub for breakfast ie English Bacon, Heinz Beans and a nice cup of PG Tips.
Varna is a great city.Did you visit the sea-gardens, any of the superb museums, the huge market or even the Roman baths? Did you go into the Cathedral or enjoy a meal in one of the great restaurants there?

Patka
Perlas a brill hotel Max - have a great time!
Patka, could not agree more with you about Varna. across the road from Baths is a wonderful sunken Church full of Gold and icons. The beautiful Rose and Flower Market behind the Cathedral. If you go down to Railway Station on opposite side of road. Sunday School Teacher, myself and friend had three Sunday Lunches, Large Roll and a Cold Soft Drink each change out of 9Lev's the lot. An hours ride into the Country along the lake on a Train. 6 lev return. Tonyt.
Janie and Max,

Do you both realise these two hotels the krystal and perla are just across the street from each other you will be closer than you know it! hope you all enjoy your stay in Golden Sands.

wgipk.
jannioannu
We stayed in hotel kristal first two weeks july really enjoyed it,regarding eating places we ate out at The Dallas Country club which is just at the bottom of the steps at the back of hotel dont be put off by the look of it as we did for about a week then thought we would give it a try,the food was really good and cheap,there were 12 of us 7 adults 5 kids two rounds of drinks 5 peppered steaks which you got two of kebabs on skewars,chicken kiev,steak dianes,you order chips potatoes veg etc seperate we also had 12 garlic breads which were a treat.The bill for the lot came to about £55 156lev.
willmurr6 :lol:
max0804
How long are you going for? Who are you going with, do you have kids? I'm sure that you will love bulgaria, like i said before we went to Albena last year & loved it so much which is why we are going back for our honeymoon.
:D Jane
Hi Jane

My partner and I are going for two weeks, our friends (a couple) are coming for one week. We have no children.

How long are you going for?
We are going for a week. I will speak to my future hubby tonight about meeting up, going away for a couple of days so wont be back on net till next week, will speak to you then. If you dont mind me asking what age are you? Me & my inteded are 33 (me) & 39(him) :D
Hi Jane

We are 23and 25. Hope you have a nice time. Speak soon :lol: :) :D
max0804
Spoke to the other half said be good to meet up, Not sure where though as i dont know G/Sands, perhaps someone on here could suggest somewhere?
Have you got your tickets yet?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.