Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Glad you had a good time and thanks for the updates on prices and more generally on your experience as return visitor. Under 2 weeks to go now and cant wait. :)
oneilly

Good honest and accurate report especially about the prices. Great news you had a good time. Where were you staying ?

Wilson ;)
Thanks for sharing oneilly!

Sounds like you had a great time! Can't beat Mega Dianna with Ali and his les bush team!!! :rofl

Was Ali still giving the drinks out?

Can't wait to go back... i can taste those toasties now... mmm washed down with a Tuburg at 9.30am!!!

Love Nikki xx
I always go on the mega dianna boat trip but I was supprised to see the price had gone up from June this year it was £13 then, I know the prices have gone up over the years, I will back on this boat 2 weeks today though car,nt wait :cheers
hi all i was staying in the portobello i do have a seperate report on this on the hotel reviews under the name ken. i do believe in posting reports on the forum on the return as it has helped me alot in the past and this year. yes ali is still on the mega diana and yes he is still hopping mad the prices to £15 has just gone up our 2nd week there he said he had to i still went on twice if you go to greece or anywhere else its normally £35 and crambed with no bed or food and drink so still is a bargain there is others for £10 but the mega is class.any one going enjoy and try not to miss us to much :sun2
Wahooooooooooooooooo!!! so pleased ali is still there, my son will be made up!

Oooo I will go and read your report in a mo, the portabello is just near us at the Alize. Did you find any nice local places to eat?

2wks and 4days! :sun2

love nikki xx
Well, i`ve just returned from Marmaris yesterday evening and i really can`t see what everyone raves about. I would not go back there if it was the last place on earth! From what i`ve experienced of Turkey this last 2 weeks i wouldn`t wish it on anyone, the hassle from shopkeepers and resturant waiters is non stop, you can`t walk passed a shop or resturant without being almost man handled in. What tops the lot for me was in a place called Natalies Steak House, we had a very pretty 13 year old girl with us in our party, one waiter was blatantly leering at her from the moment we walked in, it got so bad that the girl and her mother left thier steak and waited for the rest of us outside, even then the leering didn`t stop then as the waiter spotted them outside, i was ready to give this creepy leering slimeball a good hiding but was talked out of it by my wife. Give me spain every time!
I can understand how you feel fatboyrover especially about the girl, its a bit sick really!

But about the shops haha we love that, it gives a sshop a bit of character whereas when your in spain you walk into a shop get your things like you would in the UK, the till person could be a robot and it wouldnt make a difference haha. but i do understand your point im just a freak though haha!!! :tongue
They do like the gals these Turkey laddies :rofl
I`m glad you find it funny TPR1966, maybe if it was your young daughter they were leering at you would have a different attitude! From my experience the Turkish men are nothing but slimey sleazeballs!
TPR1966 has been banned for stirring up trouble in several topics across the forum. I suggest members ignore his posts and get back on track.

Sarah
Hi Just a note to say if you tell the lads how old she is they would have backed off pubs and clubs here cant tell how old girls are, its no excuse i know i have had the same with my daughter when she was younger but they are not all the same and sorry you have experienced it.

Wendy
Just wanted to say to fatboyrover that the amount of hassle you get depends on the resort you go to. We went to Dalyan and there was no hassle at all, also Calis Beach/Fethiye is the same.
Fatboyrover think yourself lucky your wife talked you out of giving the waiter a good hiding ,you really dont want to end up in a turkish jail . :yikes

Bluepeterno1
hi nikkichick the alize looks really nice just out side ur hotel is cousins you get a good meal in there and the drinks are cheap buy one get one free . if you go tell mr happy the sunderland lot were asking after him. you would jump on the bus from that side of the road to go down to the front . it is cheaper to eat a little set back if you do feel that ur getting hassled to eat every where a pollite no thanks will sort it or just say para yok ( no money ) . the hassle is wot i like about turkey i hate going to places that are the same as england may aswell go to devon or spain if you like the hassle off time share people. have fun nikkichick :sun2
Thanks oneilly!

We love the hassle too, it's funny!

We have eaten in cousins and had the bogof on drinks.... it's not my fave place but it's handy for the alize, espec after a day on the mega diana when we were feeling slightly under the weather pmsl.... too much tuborg? moi? never!!! :rofl

My hubby likes to go there for his kebabs for his lunch (yes kebabS greedy git pmsl!!) I will say hi from the sunderland lot for you!

2wks today and we will be there! yeay!!

love nikki xx
fatboyrover; I'm glad we went to Turunc on our first visit to Turkey as Marmaris would have put us off for good.
Honestly there are other lovely parts; you have to do a bit of research first as the resorts can differ so much ,as for eg,in Marjoker.
Ive just got back from Marmaris, this was my 4th visit but im afraid i wont be returning its changed so much in my eyes but dont let my opinion put you off cos we all different. Just feel ive done my time in Marmaris.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.