Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
MALDIVES-Q&As
247 Posts
Hi Everyone,

My Fiance and I are going to the Madives in September. Can anyone give advice on required vaccinations?
Have a look here for some health info.
Thanks Fiona, going to the docs next week to get sorted out
Added a few more yesterday.
You certainly did- the underwater ones are stunning but I do love this one!
Sean, those photos are stunning
None required ----- Have been twice now (booked for 3rd visit) and informed that no jabs are required for Maldives.
February is the driest month --- But it also comes with a higher price tag.

We have found October to be a better month to go - also you get the best of our summer (if we ever get one) then jet off to the lush tropics to boost your tan just before settling down for Xmas.

October at SUN ISLAND will cost you around £1200 - £1400 per person for 2 week on AI (Sun Island is also one of the very few 5 star resorts in the Maldives - which is cheaper than many 3 or 4 star resorts)

REVIEW HERE:
http://h1.ripway.com/Dept-PB//sunisland/sunisland.html
June & July are bang in the middle of rainy season.

We went 2 years ago Mid June and got several heavy showers daily - however these only lasted a few minutes it did tend to spoil the evenings when you had to keep running inside the bars when sat outside on the beach having a drink.

We have also visited Maldives in October where we only had 2 very light showers and the atmosphere was more relaxing
Daza you have been informed wrongly.

A visit to the doctors and a look at the chart shows clearly Jabs are 99% reccommended.
http://www.teletextholidays.co.uk/WebEditorial/Article.aspx?area=Guides&channel=overseas&slot=1975

Health - Before you go No jabs required but hepatitis A, polio and typhoid are recommended. Take out travel insurance with good medical cover.

-------------------------

As I stated... No jabs required for Maldives......

hepatitis A, polio and typhoid are recommended anywhere you go in the world, don't forget that people travel to the UK from all over the world so they also bring there diseases with them - and with all the legal & illegal imigrants coming into the UK there are no screening processes for any diseases they may also bring with them..... Way I see it is if you need any kind of jabs to go on holiday then why not have them staying in UK just to protect you from what other nationalalities bring in with them
Personally, i wouldnt trust information from a person who makes comments like that.
purely stating the obvious facts -- if you don't want to take the advice then look elsewhere.

I have shown you proof from TELETEXT holidays... belive it or not, that is up to you.
Your best advice is to check with your doctor.
Certain injections are recommended as posted earlier but here is another link to look at. Remember that this can change quickly and your doctor is the best person to ask.
Me and my husband to be are going this July, when i get back i,ll let you know.Heres hoping it,ll not be to bad. Fingers crossed. :sun
Sorry if this has been done (couldnt find it though)

Need some advice on what factor sun tan lotion to take, im fairly good in the sun (brown easily), the wife takes a little longer, any advice on what to take?

Mozzies - do we need to take stuff (is it a problem over there).

10 weeks and counting, cant wait!
You will need at least sun factor 30. I burn easily, my husband tans easily and he needed 30. We took mossie spray but we didn't need it on Meedhupparu in February. The were always spraying. Hope that helps.
I would definately recommend a factor 30 to start off with. I know some people who were burning with a factor 50 on! The sun is extremely hot over there and it is only a 2 minute burn time in the mid day sun, so be prepared.

This year Phil and I took some P20 (we did have base tans). Absolutely brilliant and would recommend it to any one. You have to put it on an hour or so before exposure to the sun and then you are protected all day. We put it on before breakfast and didnt have to worry for the rest of the day. Great especially as it remains effective after swimming and we spend all day in and out of the water. The Piz Buin 1 day long is also OK but not as good as the P20. We took 1 bottle with us next time we will take 3 or 4 bottles (for 2 weeks) and nothing else. Worth every penny.

http://www.p20.co.uk/content/menu.htm
Yes, I agree...... Must be a factor 30 as I burned in just 10 mins with Factor 20 on.

Mind you I burn very easily - but Factor 30 allowed me a good few hours before needing to re-apply.

Also make sure it is a good make (Piz Buin or similar). If you go to Boots they always do a 3 for 2 at this time of year (Strange how when things are in demand they are cheaper !!)

I'm stocked up and ready to go -- 12 weeks today and counting...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.