Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Maldives in July
201 Posts
Well am from Maldives..

I would suggest that you visit Maldives... we dont have rains constantly, it may well be in july and august sometimes.
Maldives latest.

70% of the resorts fully operational, you may visit maldives again..
Please see link below for full list of Maldives resort status.
http://www.maldiveshighcommission.org
Thinking of visiting Vilu Reef in April. Does anyone have any information about it or been there before?
Stayed at Vilu Reef in March 2003. Had a great time apart from managing to burn my feet. You can walk around the island in 15 minutes. Understand that they've now got some water bungalows, we stayed in a beach bungalow complete with outside shower, bath and toilet.

If you're active there was plenty to do - most people seemed to go out diving each day.

I can only think of one word to descibe the place - PARADISE
Many thanks for the info. Did they run excursions to other islands when you were there?
There were quite a few excursions available - there was a list of them and prices in the reception area. I think there were a couple of island hopping trips. They all operated subject to demand - think there had to be at least 10 passenger for the trip to operate. I was too busy laying on the beach. One tip - we found the beach loungers really uncomfortable despite applying a couple of beach towels. Get yourself one of those small blow up mattress thingys and avoid the aches.
Can anyone give me any advice/information regarding the best time of year to visit the Maldives?
Probably between October and March/April when it is driest
Yes, the drier monsoon runs from end of November to April.

However, we went in October, which although the getting towards the end of the monsoon season, we had fantastic weather. Out of 12 days, it rained one morning for an hour, and one afternoon for 1/2 hour - and that was honestly it. Whether it rained overnight or not I don't know!

Thet staff did say the week before we arrived, that had a solid week of nothing by strong wine and rain, which they said was very unusual.

The advantage with the off peak trips is you get so much more for your money - we got 3 nights free and a room upgrade.
Have been in June/July and we did have some wet weather (lost a couple of days in total) out of 14, but when the sun was out it was absolutely roasting. Speaking to a couple of the guys on the islands, they told me that a lot of the bad weather is as a result of hurricanes etc in India, but generally it's not that bad.
wow lisaMJ...strong wine and rain sounds good!
Ooops!! Although not far from the truth - the afternoon it did rain - we were at the bar and so stayed sat out in the rain with our drinks while everyone ran inside!
Yep, that's the worst thing about a holiday... is having to come back :!:, especially to a miserable, cold and wet place in the UK, hehe.. We're heading off to Sun Island next month for 10 days and we can't wait. 8)
We actually arrive in Dubai at 2.30pm and the connecting flight to Heathrow is around 3.30pm. We did consider changing and using this route instead but there are a few factors that put us off. Firstly a friend missed their connecting flight with virgin airlines and had a dreadful time getting on another flight. I know scheduled flights are not usually delayed but thats not 100% guaranteed and we thought it a bit risky with such a short time between flights. Also if we take our car to Gatwick we will then have to make our back from Heathrow to pick it up. And lastly I must confess my husband it not a huge fan of Heathrow and tries very hard to avoid going there if at all possible. We are quite happy to stay at Dubai as long as we have a base where we can get some proper rest. We may even do some shopping if we are not too tired.
Glad to hear casual dress is fine. My hubbie prefers to wear shorts on hot summer evenings but most hotels seem to have a dress code of long trousers and no sandals for men. My suitcase is getting lighter by the minute.

Sandra
Hi, please could someone tell me what type of weather to expect in the Maldives in October. thanks[color=blue][/color] :D :)
Thanks alot sean. I will look at it :)
Hi englandfan. We also went for two weeks in October in 2003 and had a fantastic time. It rained a little during the night a couple of times and one afternoon we had a storm which was pretty amazing as it came from nowhere and went just as quickly but was very windy and wet for an hour or two. Other than that it was blue skies and hot, hot all the time. Have a fantastic time!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.