Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Tricksykent1,

Your flight is scheduled to be Operated by an Airbus A330-200. However this could get changed to an A300-600. Both aircraft have IFE provided by Monitos overhead in the aisle

Gower
Tricksykent1,

I can see the MON4514 LGW/BJL is in fact scheduled to be operated by the Airbus A300B4-605R. For more information on this aircraft please see Dazbo's What Aircraft Guide
Mon3974
Manchester to Heraklion 18/05/2010 I understand to be an Airbus A300B4-605R. If that is right which are the bookable extra leg room seats?
Thanks in advance for any reply.
Cilan537,

Your flight is indeed due to be operated on an A300-605R. Seats on charter flights such as yours to Heraklion are bookable only via your travel agent or tour operator. However, if these seats are not occupied when you get on board then you may be able to purchase them for the cost of £25 per sector. The extra legroom seats on this aircraft are:

1 AB/DEF/HJ
9 BCDEFGH exit seats
30 BCDEFGH exit seats
Hi everybody.
I have just had an email from Monarch, they will not be moving to terminal 2 at Manchester, they say that terminal 1 is perfect for their requirements and that they will remain at terminal 1 for the foreseeable future.
Happy Hols
Alan
Have a great holiday and let us know what you thought about your flights upon your return

Ok, Darren, we DID have a good holiday and here's what I thought about the flights:
we've travelled to Goa with Monarch many times and know what to expect.
Although a lot of people complain about seat pitch/seat width and lack of seat-back IFE, neither of us is over-large or over-tall so this isn't an issue for us.
Once I've been fed and watered :rofl I sleep, so not being able to see a screen doesn't matter to me, my OH listens to music.

The outbound flight went off on time (thanks for info about where it was coming in from) and arrived in Goa an hour early.
The inbound flight took off on time and landed a few minutes early.
It was already on the ground when we got through to Departures at 9:40 even though it wasn't due to land at Dabolim until 10:00 so that flight must have landed early too.

The food was OK - apart from a truly dreadful 'cheese pie' - prosecution under the Trades Description Act would be a certainty - that was served up as a snack on the return journey.
I mentioned it to Monarch when we did our on-line end of holiday questionnaire in December and will do so again.
They really need to check out their supplier.

We found the cabin crew to be good, in particular one young lady who was very efficient dealing with a passenger who became quite ill during the journey.
I'll also mention this to Monarch, she really does deserve some recognition.
I've read some bad reports about the attitude of Monarch cabin crew but we've flown with them lots of times, both long-haul and short-haul, and have always found them to be fine.

Moleskent
sorry to read you didn't enjoy your flights with Monarch.
Hi,

I wonder whether anyone can supply the registration of the aircraft slated to fly MAN - TFS ZB564 on Friday the 19th March ?

Many thanks in advance.

JohnN1
Hi! I'm new to this forum but I can see there is a welth of knowledge on here!

Can any one tell me which aircraft will operate my flights from Man-ACE 10/05/10 F/no. ZB626.
21/05/10 ACE-MAN F/no. ZB547.
One last question,this is my first flight with Monarch and I was wondering if they allocate seats at the check in, or is it a Ryanair type scrum at the departure gate?

Many thanks

Alan :)
70chips,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-ACE-MAN (ZB626/547) are operated by an Airbus A321-200 and Airbus A320-200 respectively. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see below). Seats are allocated at check-in or you can select your seat / checkin-in online if you wish as you're on a scheduled flight. It's not like Ryanair where seats aren't allocated.

Darren
Thanks Darren. That's what I thought I'd end up with!! was hoping for a bit of American metal this time, never mind! thanks for the info on the seat allocations and on line check in. Will have to do some homework on the best seats and location of the overhead IFE!!

Alan
70chips,

IFE (if available, should be on your flight) is via overhead screens approximately every 4 rows.

Darren
Monarch seem to as bad as T/C for their seat bookings. Just been on line to have a gander and they show the A321 image for both ways!!! Not gonna put my faith in that too much...

Alan
Monarch seem to as bad as T/C for their seat bookings. Just been on line to have a gander and they show the A321 image for both ways!!! Not gonna put my faith in that too much...

70chips, the ZB547 flight in May is in fact scheduled to be on an A321. I think Darren may have been basing his information on previous flights to ACE on this flight number. However, because of the change of season (from winter to summer), the aircraft planned to operate on a Friday is an A321 as correctly displayed by the online seat map. Enjoy your flight :)
partyboy_uk wrote:
I think Darren may have been basing his information on previous flights to ACE on this flight number

Nope, it's what's showing on the flight list I have for S10. It's obviously changed since it was printed.

Darren
70 Chips

Have just used these flights and there was no IFE either way

we flew A320 out and A321 return

Excellent cabin crew both friendly and professional and informative flight deck announcements.
No IFE? sounds like a long trip listening to all those babies screaming!!! Oh well, done it many times before and will do again no doubt!
Just to clarify, it looks like both ways will be an A321 due to the summer timetable? Too many people are wising up to the limited good seats as most are booked bothways already! :( !
Thanks to everyone for their help. Half my hols are the flights...still a little kid at heart!! ;)

Alan
70chips,

Seat wise, the A320/1 are the same in terms of seat pitch so I wouldn't worry either way. Partyboy_UK has the most up to date info so it'll be an A321 both ways.

Darren
Am flying with Monarch to Gambia on 9th April flight number MON4514 and returning a week later. I booked as a last minute deal but thought I would check if any chance of premium/extra leg room but Monarch told me that they couldn't book would have to do through travel company - travel company say can't do either will have to ask on day of departure. Any advice please? Am I at least able to organise for 2 seats together - beginning to think we might be on opposite side of aircraft.

Also, any idea what food will be? Fussy eater other half might need catering for!
Tricksykent1,

If you've booked through an agent rather than Monarch / Cosmos, your contract is with the agent rather than Monarch and therefore you have to go through your agent. If they can't supply premium / extra legroom seating, your only option is to enquire at check-in to see if there is availability as you've been advised. Flights are currently operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R that don't have a premium section normally (1 in the fleet normally has it fitted for the winter months, not sure which registration it is this year but G-MONS has operated MON4514 the majority of the time now it's taken over from the A332's on that route). I wouldn't hold your hopes up for extra legroom seating as they are often booked up well in advance. You may be lucky if there's been a last minute cancellation. You can't pre-select specific seats, however the agent should be able to pre-book seating together for you. I wouldn't worry too much about being split up, unless you arrive late for check-in and just get whatever seats are remaining. As long as you check-in for the flight in good time, the recommendation is 2 hours for short haul flights.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.