Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Darren and Partyboy -Thanks for this information - your time and effort giving people like me answers to questions is very much appreciated. Your response is always so quick! Thanks again - I'll make sure I toast you when I'm lying in the sun. :cheers
Hi Tricksykent, i've just flown with monarch and booked through cosmos, when i made the final payment they couldn't do extra legroom for whatever reason/excuse they told me, anyway i went on to their website monarch.co.uk and click on flights which then comes up with flight extras, then you click on charter or scheduled and put in the flight number and departure date and then apply for extra legroom seats, i got a confirmation request email followed by an email the next day with seats reserved and a ref. no. i only applied for these seats 4 days before our flight. its worth trying
Andy you are a star! I have just done as you suggested and they have accepted the booking saying they will be in touch in a few days saying whether it is confirmed. I am a lot happier knowing that at least we are in with a chance rather than a scrum at the airport. Thanks again!
Hi Tricksy, glad i could help and that you could understand my garbled post , when i read it back it wasn't too clear??
all the ex-leg seats on our flights were full, so we were lucky unless some had upgraded at the check-in desk. our flight was to egypt and i find that ex leg makes it more bearable, i can handle 4 hours in economy but 5+ is difficult. The food was ok on the flight and the crew were extremely helpful and friendly, all in all a good flight with monarch and on time both ways. enjoy your holiday!
hi this is wendy just needto ask u if you know anything about our monarch flight leaving manchester on may 11th at 9oclock mon379 gojng to cancun could you tell me what the seating is like :que :bow also how much leg room thank you so much wendy
wendyt,

Welcome onboard :tup
Your flights are operated by one of Monarch 2x Airbus A330-200. You'll find lots of aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
thankyou darren i have looked at the flight site very helpful thankyou again do you know about the inflight meals will it be a breakfast as we are leaving manchester at 9 o clock thanks for the quick reply wendy
:sun2
wendyt,

You'll be getting your meal about 11am so I would imagine you'll get a breakfast with a snack about 90 minutes before landing.

Darren
Hello, could someone plese tell me which aircraft I will be flying on, Manchester - Tenerife ZB 564 & 569?
I have a row 2 seat going out and a row 1 seat returning, I paid extra for these, are they any good as I am 6"4?
Thanks
donnyshep,

What dates are you flying? ZB534 is normally an Airbus A321-200 but may be a larger aircraft depending in the dates you're travelling. ZB569 is again an Airbus A321-200 normally but sometimes an A320-200 depending on the date.

Darren
Hi thanks for the reply, I am flying out on the 4th June and flying back 13th June
donnyshep,

ZB534 departing on 4th June 2010 is scheduled to be operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R. ZB569 departing on 12th June 2010 is scheduled to be operated by an Airbus A321-200.

Darren
donnyshep,

Given that your outbound flight is on the A300 and the return flight is on the A321, I would recommend you make some changes to your seats if legroom is important to you. If you go to the Monarch Website and fill out the details of when you are traveling as though you were making a booking, then before you arrive at the payment screen you will be able to see the layout of the aircraft you are due to fly on and what the seating arrangements are.

Incidentally, row 2 on the outbound flight isn't even extra legroom seating. Personally, I would recommend Row 9 or 31. Row 1 is also classed as extra legroom but you will have a bulkhead screen in front of you so this will not afford you the extra space you would get at row 9 and 31.

On your return, the best rows for legroom are rows 10 and 26. Although the seats you have been allocated are classed as extra legroom, there is much more space to spread your legs at rows 10 and 26 as these are located at the emergency exit areas. On certain Monarch A321 aircraft, there may be no bulkhead screen at row 1 but there is no guarantee of this. I should advise you however, that the seats at row 10 and 26 are slightly more narrow due to the fact that the tray table is located inside the armrest.

All of the seats I have mentioned still appear to be available on the flights you are traveling on. For more information about pre-booking your seats visit the how can I pre-book seats - scheduled flights? section of the Monarch website.

Could I ask where it was you made your original booking and what lead you to believe the seats you have been given were extra legroom?
I can confirm that row 10 seats are narrow and would suit only someone with a small frame (and narrow bum!) to fully enjoy these seats having paid £25 for the privilege.

They do provide a fantastic amount of legroom.

We prebooked row 10 seats and when my wife and I tried them we quickly moved to more generous sized seats, luckily a couple of seats in row 5 were empty. We are not small but neither are we massive

Regards, Chris
Thanks for the advice, very much appreciated, I have been onto the monarch website and have been able to adjust the seats available.
On the outbound flight I now have 32A for me and B for my partner
On the inbound flight I have 26 A&B

Without your advice I would have been very uncomfortable, many thanks guys :-)
Sorry, my initial post said that I had paid for premim seats both ways, after checking the website I have realised that I have only been charged £8.50 for a seat with no seat in front, the outbound flight on the A330 has no premium seats left, so had to choose an exit seat. Thanks again for your help and advice.
I had originally booked the flights with alpharooms.com and they had mislead me when booking the seats, I used the reference number from the flight itinarary and their booking contact email to log into Monarch's website and change the seats.
Hi,
My first time on this site. Looks good with lots of useful info.
I'm flying Monarch MON 5642 Manchster to Preveza on 9 May. Anyone know what type of aircraft it is and which seats to avoid.

Thanks

ZeeZeeNE
ZeeZeeNE,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-PVE-MAN (MON 5642/3) are operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R. All seats apart from extra legroom are the same and seating is always personal preference. You'll find further aircraft information on our What aircraft? guide (link below). You may find partyboy_uk's post above useful as well.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.