Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
buster27,

It's more likely to be a 757 than an AB4, it reverted back on last weeks flight. They only upgraded the aircraft for the christmas period I think (2 weeks).

Darren
flying at 7 am on sat can u tell me what time check in desk will open please ? like to get there early and miss all queues
buster27,

Check-in normally opens 3 - 4 hours before your flight is due to depart. You shouldn't have problems with queues that early in the morning.

Darren
With regards to the A330. There are a few rows at the back with 2 - 4 -2 layout.

If I flew to Goa on such a plane, can I book these seats? If so, what do they call them, and any idea of charge?
Mobor One,

The pairs at the rear are extra legrrom seats, specifically seats A/B and J/K rows 37-43. You'll need to book them with Monarch if you want them. Charges are £35 per person per flight, £70 return. The seating in the centre are standard seats. They rear 7 rows are configured 2-3-2 rather than 2-4-2 as the fuselage is narrower.

Darren
And have they actually got extra legroom, or just a wider aisle?
Mobor One,

They are extra legoom seating, ie greater seat pitch. I think they have around 34" seat pitch. They are the same width as standard seats. They are distinguished in the cabin by having a purple head rest cloth rather than amber.

Darren
Hi,
Flying from Manchester on 31st Jan to Mombasa flight MON6524 and returning 15th Feb on MON 6525 could you tell me which aircraft will be opperating on these flights please.
thanks. Steve
mac22,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-MBA-MAN (MON6524/5) are operated by an Airbus A330-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see below).

Darren
Hi everyone, go easy on me as this is my first post!

I am travelling on Monarch from LGW to Calgary on 20th and returning on 27th. I am debating about paying for the extra leg room seats but have a couple of questions and wondered if anyone could answer them.

1 - In the Inghams brochure it states that "Monarch have removed seats from its charter A330 economy cabins to give it a seat pitch of 31-33 inches, similar to scheduled airlines". Can anyone confirm if this is true as everything I have read and the plane guide on this website states 30 inch pitch.

2- If I paid for the extra legroom seats, which ones are they on the A330?

Thanks

tezzatime
tezzatime,

Welcome onboard :tup
That's news to me, they haven't removed any seats recently as far as I know. The only exception is the extra legroom seating located at rear of the aircraft, but that was a couple oy years ago when they did that. The economy seats remain as standard with 30" seat pitch. Extra legroom seating in the economy cabin on the A332 are located at row 8 seats B/C/H/J, row 30 seats B/C/D/E/F/H/J and row 37-43 seats A/B & J/K. You might find my posts to Mobor One on the previous page useful.

Darren
I don't have my flight numbers but know what date and expected times, is it likely I could find what plane/layout I'm on?

Flying with Monarch in May 7th outbound MAN 14.40 to LCA

back LCA 23.40 (Cyprus time) to MAN

I appreciate this is a long shot.. !

Thanks

Steve
AskCy,

MAN-LCA-MAN (ZB648/9) should be operated by an Airbus A321-200 . You'll find further aircaft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see below).

Darren
Darren as per usual you are a star !

Thanks

Steve
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for that information Darren, very informative.

Just one further question and I don't know if you have the answer but do you know what the loads are like on my flights at the moment?
tezzatime,

We aren't permitted to post that sort of information I'm afraid. Refer to the following topic: SEAT AVAILABILITY QUESTIONS.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.