Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
sorry for the delay in my posting... been off to sunnier climates :sun2

Anyway, here are the new IFE lisitings for Jan and Feb 2010:

A330

MAIN SCREEN O/B

ALL ABOUT STEVE

**CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS

THE INFORMANT

MAIN SCREEN I/B

POST GRAD

**SHORTS

LOVE HAPPENS

PREMIUM CABIN O/B

SURROGATES (Action Channel)

BANDSLAM (Light Entertainment Channel)

PUBLIC ENEMIES (Drama Channel)
**G-FORCE (Children Channel)

PREMIUM CABIN I/B

GAMER (Action Channel)

FAME (Light Entertainment Channel)

MICHAELS JACKSON - THIS IS IT(Drama Channel)

**ICE AGE 3 (Children's Channel)

A320 / A321 / B757 / A300

O/B

ALL ABOUT STEVE

**CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS

I/B

POST GRAD

**SHORTS

** denotes films suited to children

NB. Films are no longer shown on ZB and MON flights to midhaul destinations such as the Canaries and Cyprus, however IFE including programmes such as Gavin & Stacey, Black Adder, My Family etc. will be shown.
hi darren,
could you please tell me what planes are used on the flight manchester to egypt to manchester ref MON4952 & MON953 and TOM818 & TOM819 also.
many thanks :)
Hi what aircraft (type + registration) is operating my outbound and inbound flights to larnaca from manchester on the 20th July 2010 (ZB648) and the 27th July 2010 (ZB649).

Thanks
sundreaming,

welcome onboard :tup
When is it you are travelling? MAN-SSH-MAN are operated by; MON4952/3 - Airbus A300B4-605R, TOM818/9 - Boeing 757-200 (winglets from 1st April). You'll find further aircraft information on our What aircraft? guide (see below).

Darren
razza923,

MAN-LCA-MAN (ZB648/9) are operated by an Airbus A321-200. It's way too early to know the registration assigned to the flight. We'll know the day before.

Darren
thanks for that :) if that aircraft went tech would what are the other aircraft that could possibly takeover that flight.
razza923,

Whatever is available at the time! Probably another A321-200 or 757-200 or maybe even an A300B4-605R depending on the day.

Darren
thanks darren,
we are hoping to travel 25th feb but we are unsure who to book with thomsons or monarch. have been looking at reviews on monarch not very good especially the size of seats!!!! should we pay extra & go with thomsons who we have been with many times & pay extra to reserve seats & hope we can get seats together with a window seat or should we try monarch and get to airport early for the seats at rear which are 2 across. your thoughts on this would be appreciated.
many thanks
karen
sundreaming,

Ultimately, it's personal preference and comes down to cost and what suites you best. On comparable aircraft, there's no difference in seat pitch between the two airlines. If anything, the A300 will give you slighyly more room than TOM's 757. You can't choose seat numbers with Monarch, but you can as you know with TOM (at a charge unless on a select holiday). It's not something I can answer for you really.

Darren
thanks darren for your quick response, as you said it comes down to personal preference, but you have helped us, as you said there isnt any difference between the two in size. once again many thanks
Hi,

We're planning on flying BHX - DLM on flight ZB908, departing on 2nd October.

Is it known at this stage what type of aircraft will be used?

Regards,

Ron
moonraker,

BHX-DLM-BHX (ZB908/9) is presently showing as an Airbus A321-200.

Darren
Thanks Darren,

Your replies get quicker tyhan ever! :D

Ron
Hi. I am travelling from Birmingham BHX to Faro with Monarch on 18th March flight ZB402. I am very claustrophobic and consequently loathe flying but being next to the boarding exit is a tremendous help. Can anyone advise if on the above flight boarding is from the front or the middle of the aircraft. The airlines say this varies but in my experience most flights are quite consistent.
misty1234,

Welcome onboard :tup
It depends if you're on a remote stand or a jet bridge. Boarding would normally be from the L2 door (just in front of the wing) at BHX but it could be the L1 or L2 door in Faro. ZB402/3 are operated by an Airbus A320-200. We have a FEAR OF FLYING ... what is it, how to overcome it, Q&As thread that you may find useful.

Darren
Please can someone tell me what type of plane MON7092 is - September flight to Bodrum?
lanzafan,

Please supply all your flight details when requesting aircraft information, eg where you are you flying from and on what date? MON7092/3 are scheduled to be operated by a Boeing 757-200 between 3rd May 2010 and 25th October 2010.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.