Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi darren. Im going on mon3506 to dalaman on 19th june. You kindly told me its a a330 plane. Can you tell me where plane will be coming from before it operates my flight, wanna check for poss delays. Thanks.
debs0898,

It will most likely be the MON302 that operates before yours, coming in from Orlando Sanford

Gower
Does anyone know when the summer 2011 monarch flights from Manchester will become available?
Cheers.
hi, when choosing seats on the monarch website does anyone actually know what the difference is between standard seats and those that say 'suitable for adults with infants' as they seem to be jumbbled all around the aircraft!

thanks,
nick :)
There is no difference in the seats as such. However, on different aircraft there are varying configurations of oxygen masks at different rows. So, for example, on the A300 there are 4 oxygen masks in the overhead panel in the centre aisle (DEF seats) and a family with an infant traveling would be able to sit in any seat in the centre aisle because there would be sufficient masks to accommodate the 3 passengers seated there plus the 1 baby.

In the 2 adjacent aisles however, the configuration of the oxygen masks alternates 3-4. So, row 22 ABC might have 4 oxygen masks whereas row 23 ABC would have 3 oxygen masks, row 24 would have 4 oxygen masks and so on. Crew are instructed to move any families with infants from seats that do not have an oxygen mask available for the infant to a row where there is one.

Suggesting seats on the seating map where families can sit precludes the possibility of having to be moved from one seat to another. Even different registrations of the same aircraft type have different configurations of oxygen masks so it will not necessarily be the same on each flight.
Hi guys. You kindly told me a few days ago my flight ZB896 on the 8th of july will be operated by an A321, can you tell me which route it will occupy prior to picking us up?

Thanks again
SUPERITFC,

The aircraft you are flying on is due to operate the ZB846/7 to Alicante before yours.
SUPERITFC,

The flight prior to yours is ZB846/7 (Alicante).

Darren
Hi a query for my daughter flying on Mon7408 26 July return 7 days later Mon 7409 from Man to DLM.

What type of plane is it as they're thinking of booking extra leg room seats as one of the party is 6ft 3in and my daughters tall as well.

Plus they're night flights they've got.

ta Bev
sarahbecky,

MAN-DLM-MAN (MON4704/5) should be operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R.

Darren
Sarahbecky,

The MON7408/9 MAN-DLM on a Monday is operated on an A300. I would strongly recommend you book extra legroom on this flight.
Thanks very much Darren and partyboy.

Monarchs extra leg room seats are a good price compared to the Thomas Cook flight we're going on.
Monarch is £50 there and back. TC's is £38 each way.

Ta Bev
Hi again! Just thought I'd share my thoughts about monarch with you all..Never flown Monarch before and I've got to say next to Thomas Cook they are head and shoulders above them!!
We flew Man-Ace on 10/05 and were boarded at the normal time.. then the captain came and annonced that Madrid ATC were going to close airspace, due to ash over NW Spain and northern Portugal,but the captain and Monarch were pushing to go. We ended up sitting on the plane for 90mins with regular updates from the flight deck and I didn't mind a bit because for a change someone was fighting to get us out on our hols..What a star. I know many airlines just cancelled flights to the Canaries that day, but not us. When the captain came on and said we were good to go the whole plane errupted with cheers!!! Top moment.

The route was over central Europe over the Med and turn right at north Africa!!

The A321 was clean, had more leg room than the T/C aicraft by a country mile. The staff were very friendly and flying in the face of some reports I've read the food was really quite good!

The return flight was Ace-Man on 21/05 And apart from an hours delay for fog on the outbound service, the return was just as good.

I work for the railways and these days they can't seem to wait to cancel services at the drop of a hat.So to have a company fight to run a late service which meant every thing to all on board was a real treat to behold. :)
Hi,
Just to let people know if you've booked a charter flight (MonXXXX) you can book extra leg room seats on Monarchs website. Its not the clearest for finding your way round i typed in extra leg room seats in the search facility then had to click on FAQ's. This was after hanging on the phone for 9 minutes trying to book them over the phone @10p a minute. the number on saynoto0870 didnt work it said the number had been changed to 0871 etc.

Also beware if you've got a Visa debit they'll charge you £5 card fees. as it only says Visa Credit card.

They confirm within 3 days if you can have your extra requests etc.

Bev
sarahbecky,

You can only use 'Manage my Bookings' section for scheduled (ZB) flights, not charter (MON) flights. If you have a Monarch booking/holiday reference number, you can add extra legroom seats on Monarchs website. If you don't have a booking/holiday reference number, you'll need to contact your agent or phone Monarch.

Darren
hi we were due to fly with easyjet to heraklion yesterday but that flight got cancelled we are now booked with monarch to chania on 1st of june from manchester flight number MON3588
does anybody know what aircraft they use for this
do there planes have any inflight entertainment
and what is there seat pitch like because we are thinking of booking extra legroom seats if there are any available

thanks carole :cheers
coolcarole,

MAN-CHQ-MAN (MON3588/9) are listed as operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R. However flights in May have been operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Darren

Can you help me out, just pre booked seats with monarch, who are telling me the plane is a 2-4-2 config, yet thats only on the a330. Previously been told it would be a a321.

Can you check for me the type of plane.

Man - larnaca 28 July ZB640
Larnaca - Man 15 Aug ZB649

having now paid for an upgrade row 6, is this a premium cabin as per long haul or do they have a330 in short haul config

Many thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.