Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
It appears Monarch have done quite well in relation to the other charter operators when it comes to on-time performance. Although this is not for the whole period yet, this may surprise some of you, as I know Monarch has not been without its woes this summer, but it just goes to show that it has been a difficult time for all this year: http://www.flightontime.info/summer2010/index.html
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post so here goes and thanks for any advise..

Ill be flying to Larnaca from Birmingham on 13th November and from what I have heard about the cramp seats, I was tempted to book and pay for the bigger seats.

However, from the number of available seats in economy, the flight seems to be empty and only the bigger seats seem to be reserved. If the flight is empty at this time of the year, then sitting in empty economy my not be bad. Thinking about not even reserving the standard economy seat and just showing up at the check-in counter at the airport.

Has anyone traveled at this time of the year or knows how full the flight would be?
Just because it shows lots of empty seats on the seat plan doesn't mean that the flight is nearly empty. It usually just means that most people have paid extra to prebook seats.
Simon_Sez.

Welcome onboard :tup
We aren't permitted to post information on the number of seats booked on flights, reasons here. Monarch seating on short / mid haul flights is no more crampt or roomy than any other charter airline. As Sunaddict mentions, you can't use the online seat selector as a guide to how many seats are sold.

Darren
Thank you for the welcome and advise..

Do Monarch Airlines charge a Check-in fee at the airport if you don't do it online?
Simon_Sez,

No, they don't charge for check-in like the main low cost carriers.

Darren
Darren,

Thanks for you prompt reply, Appreciate it
Hi i have just booked my flight to sanford from gatwick next september for 6 people, this is our first time using monarch and keep hearing bad about them, what do i get in premium?

It would be much appreciated if anyone has updated pictures of the cabin and the plane layout, also what plane will i be flying on?

Thanks

Lucas
lucashammer,

Your flights are operated by an Airbus A330-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). You'll find some cabin photos linked on partyboy_UK's post here.

Darren
Dazbo, just beat me to that. Just to add though, you can find out what Monarch Premium offers on the Monarch Website here and more photos are available here
Hi everyone :)
Anyone know what aircraft type is being used over winter for the MON4620 from MAN > LXR?

Also, wondering if anyone has any ideas what aircraft TOM or TCX are using from both BHX and MAN to LXR this winter? Anyone have any schedules for these also?

Thanks!
Benjamin,

What dates are you travelling? It's showing as an A321-200, but I don't beleive that's correct. I would have expected an Airbus A300B4-605R. We can answer you questions regarding TCX and TOM on the respective topics. As there are several flights per week, we need to know dates and flight numbers. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi Darren,

haha, I just checked flightstats... I didn't think that was correct either. I don't have a set date yet... looking at 3rd January though. I want to get on the A300 if I can! or failing that I'll fly with TOM/TCX depending on their prices and what aircraft they're using. I've googled around but can't find any schedules :/

Cheers for the help...
Benjamin,

I can confirm the MON4620 MAN/LXR on Mondays is indeed on an A300B4-605R.
Ah, thanks mate :)
Just to figure out what the TOM and TCX stuff is now, could prove more difficult haha. cheers!
Benjamin wrote:
Just to figure out what the TOM and TCX stuff is now, could prove more difficult haha. cheers!

Not really, just post your details on the respective topics and we'll provide the information.

Darren
Cheers mate, posted in those forums. Thanks again.
IFE Listings for Nov 10 - Jan 11

SHORT HAUL - TV ONLY
(In-flight entertainment is shown only on the following routes: Canary Islands, Turkey, Greece & Greek Islands, Egypt, Cyprus and selected ad-hoc flights)

Outbound
Rev
Undercover Boss
Luther
My Family

Inbound
The Thick Of It
Glastonbury 2010
Heston's Feasts
Michelle Obama: First Lady of Style

LONG HAUL FILMS
(incl. Sanford, Maldives, Goa, the Gambia, Mombassa, Grenada and Tobago, Cancun)

Outbound

The A-Team - Edited

Cast: Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
Director: Joe Carnahan
Rating: 12A
Runtime: 116
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy

Robin Hood - Edited

Cast: Russell Crowe, Cate Blanchett, Vanessa Redgrave
Director: Ridley Scott
Runtime: 140
Genre: Adventure/Drama

Inbound

Salt - Edited

Cast: Angelina Jolie, Liev Schreiber, Chiwetel Ejiofor
Director: Phillip Noyce
Runtime: 95
Genre: Drama, Thriller

Cyrus - Edited

Cast: Marisa Tomei, John C. Reilly, Jonah Hill
Director: Jay and Mark Duplass
Rating: 15
Runtime: 91
Genre: Comedy

NB A selection of Movies and TV Programmes are shown depending on flight duration.

A330 PREMIUM FILMS

Outbound

Inception - Edited

Cast: Leonardo Di Caprio, Ken Watanabe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Director: Christopher Nolan
Runtime: 142
Genre: Sci-Fi, Thriller, Adventure

Letters to Juliet - Edited

Cast: Amanda Seyfried, Vanessa Redgrave, Christopher Egan
Director: Gary Winick
Rating: PG
Runtime: 106
Genre: Comedy, Romance, Drama

Cemetery Junction

Cast: Ricky Gervais, Ralph Fiennes, Emily Watson
Director: Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant
Rating: 15
Runtime: 95
Genre: Comedy Drama

Marmaduke

Cast: Owen Wilson, Judy Greer, William H. Macy
Director: Tom Dey
Rating: U
Runtime: 89
Genre: Family, Comedy

Inbound

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse - Edited

Cast: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner
Director: David Slade
Runtime: 124
Genre: Action, Romance, Drama, Thriller

Killers - Edited

Cast: Ashton Kutcher, Katherine Heigl, Tom Selleck
Director: Robert Luketic
Runtime: 93
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Romance

The Special Relationship - Edited

Cast: Michael Sheen, Dennis Quaid, Hope Davis
Director: Richard Loncraine
Rating: NR
Runtime: 90
Genre: Drama, History

The Karate Kid - Edited

Cast: Jaden Smith, Jackie Chan, Taraji P. Henson
Director: Harald Zwart
Rating: PG
Runtime: 120
Genre: Action, Drama, Family

Passengers traveling in the A330 Premium cabin have in-seat video screens. Passengers traveling in Premium cabin on the A300 to the Gambia will be provided with Portable Sony Playstations.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.