Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
We fly to Sharm El Sheikh on the 6th of Feb and return on the 13th, the flight no.s are MON6586 and MON6587 can anyone please tell me what plane we will be flying on, thank you.
dojoman43,

MON6586/7 are operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks for the quick reply Darren, great service as usual. We have paid for extra legroom seats and according to the seat plan it looks like that these will be emergency exit ones, would I be correct in assuming this? On the Monarch website for some reason they class Egypt as long haul and charge accordingly.
dojoman43,

Strictly speaking, as Egypt is outside of Europe, geographically it is a long haul flight. Most airlines don't class Egypt as long haul though as it's only 5-6 hurs flight time. They class it as mid haul. Most charter airlines class flights over 7 hours as long haul. Extra legroom seats on the AB6 are on row 1 seats A/B/D/E/F/G/H/J, row 9 seats B/C/D/E/F/G/H and row 31 seats B/C/D/E/F/G/H.

Darren
Hi, I'm booked on the MON4362 from MAN - SSH on December 4th 2010. Could you tell me which aircraft I will be flying on. Thank you.
cwilmore,

The MON4362, MAN-SSH is operated on an Airbus A300B4-605R. For more information on this aircraft, please visit the What Aircraft Guide.
Hi guys
travelling Gatwick to Goa on MON2490 Saturday 20th November at 18:50.

Can you tell me where the aircraft is coming in from, please.
Prettypollycat,

The flight preceding LGW-GOI-LGW (MON2490/1) is normally MON6382/3 (MAN-GOI-MAN, then positions to LGW). It'll be operated by G-EOMA (A332).

Have a great time :cheers :sun2
Darren
Thanks Darren.

That was the case in Feb this year but at one stage during the really bad weather last winter I think it was coming in from Calgary.

So as long as the Goa-Manchester flight is not mega-delayed or the plane goes 'tech', we should be OK.
Dazbo
Just heard an unconfirmed report that the Manchester-Goa flight has technical problems and they've substituted an alternative plane that doesn't have Premium and will have to stop in Bahrain to refuel.

Do you have any more information about this?
Getting worried about our LGW-GOI flight tomorrow.
Prettypollycat,

I have no idea if there is a technical problem with the A330 you are supposed to be travelling on, but it does appear that the MON6382/3 MAN/GOI which you enquired about, and the flight that should have been operated by the same aircraft as yours, was substituted with an Airbus A300B4-605R. If it is the case that your flight has been changed to this aircraft then it will most likely require a fuel stop in Bahrain.

As far as I can see the A330 is still in LGW. Fingers crossed for you they have had sufficient time to rectify whatever it is that needs doing to it before you fly. It would certainly be to the advantage of everyone, Monarch included, to fly you direct and not have to stop in Bahrain. Either way, have a fabulous holiday in Goa!!! :sun2
Thanks, partyboy.

We've not booked Premium so that wouldn't be an issue for us, but I guess there'll be a few unhappy passengers if the plane is changed to one without Premium.

As you say, fingers crossed that the mechanics have worked their magic in time for our flight.
Hello all

Very informative posts, thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge.

We are planning to fly out on Monarch from Manchester to Tenerife South on the 10th December (ZB568) or in the couple of days after, returning on 21st December (ZB503) but no firm booking yet because of seating questions. Many thanks to Darren for the links in the What aircraft guide and seating plans.

All of the flights on the particular dates we're looking at have a seating plan consistent with A321-200. Do the two above flight numbers check out?

I read partyboy_uk's post from April mentioning that some A321s don't have the bulkhead screen in front of row 1. Does partyboy_uk or anyone else have any more details on any way to identify which A321s do or don't have that bulkhead screen? Or any info that might facilitate an enquiry with Monarch like some particular plane designation or configuration identifier that I can ask about?

Many thanks
Joe
joe19,

Welcome onboard :tup
Both ZB568 and ZB503 are indeed operated by Airbus A321-200. Aircraft are rotated almost daily so it's impossable to know the exact one being used in a months time. For example on the ZB568, 5 different A321's have been used over the last week.

Darren
Thanks very much for the info, Darren.
Kind regards
Joe
Joe,

Appologies for any confusion, I don't believe any of the A320's or A321's have a screen in the bulkhead. However, on those aircraft where there are screens above the seat rows (and not the centre aisle), there is a drop down screen directly in front of this row. Hope this helps :)
Partyboy_uk

Oh sorry, I think I've confused everyone! I didn't mean tv screen, I meant those separator screens. I should have quoted your original post : " Row 1 is also classed as extra legroom but you will have a bulkhead screen in front of you so this will not afford you the extra space ... On certain Monarch A321 aircraft, there may be no bulkhead screen at row 1 but there is no guarantee of this." posted April 12th, 2010, 9:29 pm.

So what I actually meant was about those big white/grey "bulkhead screens" that I've seen in pictures that separate row 1 from the galley behind it! Since they limit the leg room in those row 1 seats, I was wondering if there was any way of choosing a plane without them, but from what Darren has already kindly said, this just isn't practical this far in advance.

Thanks very much anyway.

Kind regards

Joe
Hi Darren
We are thunking about flying out manchester to cancun on the 4/10/11 returning on 18/10/11 just wondered if you knew what aircarft Monarch use, It says on there site I can book premium with them we flew Thomson this year and have read some poor reports about Monarchs service
Thanks for any info
Al
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.