Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Am flying with Monarch as follows

25MAY11 ZB 718 London Gatwick 09:15 Larnaca 16:00

08JUN11 ZB 719 Larnaca 17:15 London Gatwick 20:05

these are changed flight times, I then got an email to say the seats had been changed as they had changed the aircraft, now an Airbus 300. Managed to rearrange seats as the ones they has reassigned were not good, although still extra leg room, they were at the fron and back of the plane, whereas I have renegotiated Row 9.

Reading writeups though it seems these/ this plane is old and does not have any IFE, for what can be a nearly 5 hours flight.It also says these planes will be replaced by Dreamline or something, presumably not by May!

Any onfo as to if this is right, e.g. a 300 has been substituted and whether or not there is an IFE?

Many thanks if someone could reply :duh
hayfever64,

It does appear that your flight is to be operated by an A330-600. This aircraft does have IFE in the form of screens over the centre aisle. Row 9 is indeed extra legroom and located right next to the emergency exit.
Many thanks for the quick reply, did you mean A300-600 as the A330-600 has extra legroom seats in a different row?

The call centre lady said it was an Airbus 300........

I can only tell the differnce by looking at the layouts on seat guru, other than that they are just numbers!!!

thanks again for your help :)
hayfever64,

It's just a typo by partyboy_uk , it's an Airbus A300B4-605R.

Darren
Hello,
I am wondering if anyone can tell me the aircraft operating the following flights;
ZB682/3 Mon 11th April Outbound - Saturday 16th April Inbound. Manchester - Alicante
Also does anyone have any interior photos of the extra leg room section at the front?

ZB682/3 Tuesday 23 August outbound - Tuesday 30th August Inbound Mancheter - Alicante.

Also, when I booked the second flight the booking system automatically entered a vantage card number, does anyone know if this means I have been automatically registered or do I need to still register?

Thanks
Z.J.C
Z.J.C,

MAN-ALC-MAN (ZB682/3) are operated by Airus A321-200. Partyboy_uk posted photos here.

Darren
booked a bonus ski holiday to finland flights manchester to Kittila MON4928 6th march can u tell me what the aircraft will be cheers
buster27,

MAN-KTT-MAN (MON4928/9) are operated by an Airbus A321-200.

Darren
thanks for the info can u tell me average flying time cheers
buster27,

You can work that out from the flying times, ie departure and arrival time minus the time difference. It's about 3 hours 20 mins last time I flew the sector.

Darren
Hi Darren
I have just had a notification of flight change from Monarch.
Were due to fly 2/9 MAN-ACE but they have changed our flight times so looking at amending dates.
The previous day 1/9 and returning 8/9 ZB546/547 the layout plan for the aircraft is showing as 3-4-3. It has 6 rows of extra legroom at the front of the cabin.
Rows C and H are all showing as booked in the extra legroom area. The rest of the cabin has row G showing as fully booked. The last 7/8 rows has rows C & H booked again making it 2-3-2.
I am right in thinking this is just a way of blocking seats off and the plane is going to be 2-4-2 at the front and 3-3-3 for the rest apart from the last 7/8 rows. That sounds like a longhaul configured Airbus A330?
Sunaddict,

Are you sure it's 3-4-3 ard not 3-3-3? Monarch don't have anything in their fleet that is that wide, that's more a Boeing 747 or 777 at 10 abreast! The most Monarch have is 9 abreast on the A300 or A330. If there are extra legroom seats at the front, that say's it's the A330-200 as they will sell the premium seats as extra legroom.

Darren
I know it seems wrong. That's why I was wondering if rows of seats were 'greyed' out? If they have done that to stop people booking it would make it A330.

I don't know whether this link will work.

http://bookflights.monarch.co.uk/Seating.aspx
sunaddict, the flight you are referring to does appear to be on the A330. I am not sure why the seat map is presented in this way, but as Darren pointed out the configuration is 3-3-3, hence why one row of seats in the middle is blocked off. The following link might give you a better idea of the layout.
Thanks partyboy.

I thought it must be an A330 but it did look a bit strange. Plus I didn't really think they would use one for Lanza.
Just need to see if I can change the villa dates now. Quite fancy an A330. I don't think I've ever flown on one.
Sunaddict wrote:
Quite fancy an A330. I don't think I've ever flown on one.

In MON's configuration, it's not much different to the A32X's, just 3 seats wider in most cases. It's an impressively quiet aircraft in the cabin though and with it's Rolls-Royce Trent 772 turbofans, it makes a nice soundtrack when it's engines spool! I'll be sat next to them myself in 5 weeks (not on MON's though).

Darren
Thanks Darren.
Fingers crossed I can change my villa dates. The guy I rent from is in it at the moment so I might have to wait a while to hear back from him.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.