Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Al
thanks for your help, i had already booked row 9 but i didn't know if there were any problems with bulkheads, lack of windows or anything like that as i booked seats on a thomas cook flight to cayo coco (9 Hrs) and had no window :(
Hey,
Flying out on Monarch's A321 to Alicante and Back shortly and my friend has booked us into seats 1a,b and seats 1e,f.
I am wondering what its like with the bulkhead in front of you? Some people I have spoken to say the left hand side (a and b) is not as bad as the right hand side (e,f) just wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to if it is bad or not and if I should change them?
Thanks
Z.J.C
Hi Zjc,
I flew to las palmas on a A321 a few years ago and we were in 1 D E F and found it a bit uncomfortable as you had a panel with a small tv screen in front so you couldn't stretch your legs out (i'm 5"8) but that flight was 4 hours whereas your flight is not as long so it may be more bearable for you
Hope this helps
Russ
Hi z.j.c
We normally book these seats when we fly to Majorca, they are good seats, but they are not as roomy leg wise due to the bulkhead, we have changed our seats this year mainly due to it being an A300 outbound and the fact that it is sometimes a struggle to find somewhere to stow the hand luggage on the A321 as the overhead lockers get full and the first couple have all the emergency equipment stowed. So you might be half way down the aircraft stowing your hand luggage. But as I say we like the first row.

Hope this is of help.

Alan
Hello,
Thanks for the replies managed to change the inbound seats to row 5,a,b instead of 1 but could not changed the outbound as I have already checked it! Suppose its better than economy! Thanks for the tip about the storage I did imagine this to be a problem
Z.J.C
I am trying to find out which type of aircraft Monarch are using for their flights to Paphos this June. I have tried emailing Monarch Direct but never seem to get an answer. Have phoned but they don't seem to be answering their phones.
The reason I want to know is so that I can decide if we need to book legroom seats or not.
greekyoghurt,

It's unlikely Monarch will give you aircraft type by email. You'll find seat pitch and lots of other aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). You'll notice all Monarch aircraft have pretty much the same seat pitch regardless of type (28") on short haul, but some long haul aircraft are also used on the longer short haul sectors. I'll need a flight number or where you are flying from to let you know the aircraft type as there are several flights to PFO from several airports, especially now they've added PFO to the scheduled timetable. ZB632/3 for example from Manchester is an Airbus A330-200, ZB634/5 in an Airbus A300B4-605R.

Darren
greekyoghurt

If you do a dummy booking on Monarchs' website, it will bring you up a seating plan of the aircraft.
Hi,

I'm flying on Monarch to Palma on 2nd July (ZB532) and back on the 9th July (ZB639). Am I right in thinking that it'll be an A321 on the way out and an A300 on the way back?

Also, in the A300 - is there a separation at about row 8 ish? So do row 9 seats have extra legroom even though they're not marked as purple on the diagrams?

Thanks!! :)
clairestadz,

MAN-PMI (ZB532) is an Airbus A321-200.
PMI-MAN (ZB639) is an Airbus A300B4-605R.

Row 9 are extra legroom seats as it's the door 2 area on the A300.

Darren
Could anyone let me know what aircraft is operating on zb564/zb565 Man/Tfs/Man. Leaving on 29th July, arriving back 12th August. Thanks in advance.
smh2005,

MAN-TFS-MAN (ZB564/5) are operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
I'm having trouble printing all of myMonach boarding pass, unusually this one is over 2 pages and some of the 2nd page doesnt want to print.

It seems to be the condensed version of the main part which shows name/flight and checkin/flight time - the bit that gets torn off for the gate staff to keep. I'm in an interent cafe and previously printed our Ryanair boarding passes without a problem.

As I have now checked in online I'm hoping just to use the faster bag drop at the airport (in Tenerife) rather than have to join the usual long queues but I need a preprinted boarding pass and presume that having only a bit of it wont be enough.

anyone else had this problem and any thoughts on why this is happening.

many thanks, chris
Hi chris, I printed our boarding passess off last week for our flight to tenerife with monarch on tuesday and each boarding pass is definately just on one page, sorry to not be any help really :que
The last time I printed Monarch boarding passes they were one page as well.
sunaddict / juby 5,

Thankyou for taking time to reply. You have both been helpful as you have confirmed what we thought, tried again today on another PC and had the same problem. Could be the way this printer is setup on the PC's I have used I suppose.

Will try and see what else we can do.

Thanks, Chris

update: just popped into a different interent cafe and printed everything on 1 page - yipeeee. I think the original printer setup didnt have the 'shrink to 1 page' option set, although I spend a lot of time trying to find it but to no avail.
TFS1 wrote:
As I have now checked in online I'm hoping just to use the faster bag drop at the airport (in Tenerife)

Hi i was just wondering whether there are any fast bag drop desks in tenerife airport as my sister went there last year and said that there weren't any so she had to just queue at the standard check in desks despite having checked in online.

Thanks,
Nick :)
We've just flown back from Tenerife with Monarch, it looks like that at first there isn't a specific check in desk for those who have checked in online unlike at Gatwick which was excellent, avoided a long queue, but there is a desk for Vantage card holders, so I asked at that desk and you are allowed to use that one, as we did, and a much shorter queue.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.