Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Kendal Mintcake,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-PVK-MAN (MON5642/3), assuming the same as last summer, should be an Airbus A300B4-605R. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Have booked extra leg room seats (4 on row 1 and 3 on row 2) on flight ZB458 from Manchester to Arrecife on Sat 28 May. Just wondering if the leg room will be restricted by a bulkhead in row 1 on this flight? Just curious because I know when we have travelled in row 1 before it varies depending on the plane. Thanks.
Caz,
caroline davis,

ZB458/9 are operated by an Airbus A320-200 or A321-200 depending on your dates of travel. There's a bulkhead on the starboard side seats (D-F) and a screen on the port side (A-C) on row 1 so although there is more room than regular seats, you can't strech them out on those.

Darren
Caroline, what Darren said is correct. You are also correct when you say it depends on which aircraft you end up on. It seems your flight will be on an A321-200. There are 2 aircraft based at MAN that do not have the screen at row 1 ABC (G-OZBT and G-OZBU). However, there were plans to place a screen in this area as so many people on boarding were banging their head on the overhead locker as they either failed to spot it or attempted to duck under it. I am not sure if this work has been carried out yet because it has been a while since I have flown on either of these aircraft. There is a small chance though that there will be no screen at row 1 ABC ;)
Hi Darren we are due to fly out to sharm from Manchester on 26th feb on Mon4362 and back on 12th march on Mon4363 can you please tell me what plane will be used. All so what is the earliest time that we can check in and are the flights checked in seperately eg 3 desks for Sharm or do they check all monarch/cosmos flights in on the same desk.
Thanks
Karen
sundreaming,

I'm mobile at the moment so I'll check aircraft type for you in the morning. It'll be an Airbus A300B4-605R or Boeing 757-200. Check-in is at any desk (numbers 31-47), they aren't assigned per flight. Check-in is open 4 hours prior to you departure time.

EDIT: MAN-SSH-MAN (Mon4362/3) is an Airbus A300B4-605R

Darren
Many thanks for the quick reply Darren all info much appreciated.
Hi Darren,

Flying 19/6 MON 1786 back 3/7 MON 1787 Gatwick - Preveza, can you advise what aircract this will be and where the extra legroom and emergency seats are please as I would like to try and prebook these? Is ther IFE? Any other advice for this flight?
paulajf,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find lots of aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). LGW-PVK-LGW (MON1786/7) should be operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R. Extra legroom seating are located on row 1 seats A/B-D/E/F-G/H/J, row 9 seats B/C-D/E/F-G/H and row 31 seats B/C-D/E/F-G/H.

Darren
Thanks for the quick reply Darren. When I call 90 days before to try and book one of these, or do it also online I think, do you know if you can specify one of these rows/seats say row 9, or is it a general emergency seat booking and then they allocate it at check in? Just that its a very very early flight and I don't think we will be first there and I don't really fancy row 31. Thanks
Paulajf,

I can let you know that for Summer 2011, it is planned that the A300 will have additional extra legroom seats at the front of the aircraft. Instead of just rows 1, 9 and 30 having extra legroom seats, all of the first 8 or 9 rows will be reconfigured to be extra legroom seats, as well as row 30. Emergency exit seats may be possible as long as you are not travelling with children under 16. It would be best to enquire directly with Monarch to find out if you can select particular seating. You can book these on the Monarch website here . Have a great holiday!!
Thanks another 8 or 9 rows sounds great, I tried the link but i'm too early yet so will try 90 days before and see how I get on.
Hi there, would you know what aircraft we will be on, flying Monarch out of Gatwick 1/10/2011 9.10am to Sanford, Orlando. Or is it to early?? :oops:

Thanks
dartgirl81,

Please quote flight numbers when possible as there are lots of flights. LGW-SFB-LGW (MON329/8) are operated by an Airbus A330-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hello

We are flying in Sept to Sanford, flying with Monarch (MON349) and I have just read some bad reviews. Is this really a bad flight with no seat back tv screens?? It's such a long flight, I'm getting a bit concerned now!

Many thanks
Monarch only have seatback IFE if travelling in premium.
Many thanks Chelle for your response.

As we cannot afford the upgrade into Premium (£200 each), does anyone know whether the extra leg room seats are any good? Can you still see the TV screens?

Many thanks again
:cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.