Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
clairestadz,

The extra legroom seats are located in the forward cabin (and on exit rows), turn left as you board the aircraft from the L2 door. There's a bulkhead at the rear of the forward cabin separating it from the central cabin.

Darren
ok, thanks very much for the speedy reply! :)
I don't suppose anyone has photos? The only ones I can find are taken from the rear of the Monarch A300 so you can't see very much!

Thanks!
Thanks very much :)

Does anyone have any photos of the front of the cabin (i.e. rows 1-9) that are in the 3-3-3 config?
:)
clairestadz,

The photos above show what it will be like. Even though it's the centre cabin, the front will look the same but with a little extra space between the seats.

Darren
Hi
I am flying on April 27th with Monarch, ZB438 BHX-FUE.
I believe it will be an Airbus A321.
Can someone please tell me where this plane will be routing from prior to landing at BHX?
Also is there a link to the IFE that will be shown on this flight?
Thanks in advance.
luv2travel,

BHX-FUE-BHX (ZB438/9) is indeed an Airbus A321-200. The flight isn't showing on ACARS at the moment so I can't say where it's coming in from.

Darren
luv2travel,

The aircraft you fly on is due to operate the ZB402/3 Birmingham to Faro. The details of IFE for your flight can be found here. You can also view a little bit more information about the IFE on this flight in Monarch's In-Flight Magazine on p. 124-127
I am flying with Monarch in Sept from Gatwick to Orlando Sanford in the premium seats. First of all I assume it is going to be A330? I have had conflicting info though. Monarch said I could pre book seats 90 days prior to flights. Other people have said that is no longer the case, but maybe able to do so 7 days ahead? If I want to get to check in first to get the seats I want how long before the flight do you reckon I will need to be there?
Also, does anyone know what the inflight entertainment consists of this year, or have the menus.
blodder,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). IFE listings are changed every couple of months so it's too early to know what will be shown in September. Partyboy_uk kindly posts the latest listing on here when it's available so keep a lookout at the beginning of September. The recommended check-in time for long haul flights at LGW is 3 hours before your departure time. Details of pre-allocating seating is on Monarchs website. You'll need to wait until 90 days before your departure date.

Darren
IN-FLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT LISTINGS FOR MAY 2011 - JUL 2011

SHORT HAUL - TV ONLY
(In-flight entertainment is shown only on the following routes: Canary Islands, Turkey, Greece & Greek Islands, Egypt, Cyprus and selected ad-hoc flights)

OUTBOUND

Jimmy's Food Factory - Series 2, Episode 3, Get Up and Go
Glee - Season 2, Britney/Brittany
Ugly Betty - Season 3, Granny Pants
Miranda- Series 2, Episode 1

INBOUND

The Big Bang Theory- Season 4, The Hot Troll Deviation
Mary's Secret Shopper- Series 1, Episode 1 Pilot
Top Gear- Series 16, Episode 1
Icons- Episode 17, J.K Rowling

LONG HAUL MOVIES
(incl. Sanford, Maldives, Goa, the Gambia, Mombassa, Grenada and Tobago, Fort Myers)

OUTBOUND

The Kings Speech - Edited
Cast: Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush, Helena Bonham Carter
Director: Tom Hooper
Rating: R
Runtime: 118
Genre: Drama, History

Gulliver's Travels - Edited
Cast: Jack Black, Jason Segel, Emily Blunt
Director: Rob Letterman
Rating: PG
Runtime: 84
Genre: Adventure, Comedy

INBOUND

Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son - Edited
Cast: Martin Lawrence, Brandon T. Jackson
Director: John Whitesell
Rating: PG-13
Runtime: 108
Genre: Comedy

The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cast: Georgie Henley, Skandar Keynes, Ben Barnes
Director: Michael Apted
Runtime: 113
Genre: Fantasy

A330 PREMIUM FILMS

OUTBOUND

The Kings Speech - Edited
Cast: Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush, Helena Bonham Carter
Director: Tom Hooper
Runtime: 118
Genre: Drama, History

Gulliver's Travels - Edited
Cast: Jack Black, Jason Segel, Emily Blunt
Director: Rob Letterman
Genre: Adventure, Comedy

The Fighter- Edited
Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale, Amy Adams
Director: David O. Russell
Runtime: 116
Genre: Drama

Little Fockers - Edited
Cast: Ben Stiller, Robert De Niro, Owen Wilson
Director: Paul Weitz
Runtime: 95

Black Swan - Edited
Cast: Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis, Vincent Cassel
Director: Darren Aronofsky
Runtime: 106
Genre: Drama, Thriller

Tangled
Cast: Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi, David Schwimmer
Director: Nathan Greno, Byron Howard
Runtime: 101
Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Family

INBOUND

Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son - Edited
Cast: Martin Lawrence, Brandon T. Jackson
Director: John Whitesell

The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cast: Georgie Henley, Skandar Keynes, Ben Barnes
Director: Michael Apted
Runtime: 113
Genre: Fantasy

Harry Potter 7
Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson
Director: David Yates
Runtime: 141
Genre: Family, Action, Fantasy

No Strings Attached- Edited
Cast: Ashton Kutcher, Natalie Portman , Cary Elwes
Director: Ivan Reitman
Genre: Comedy, Romance

True Grit - Edited
Cast: Matt Damon, Jeff Bridges, Josh Brolin
Director: Ethan Coen, Joel Coen
Runtime: 110
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Western

Gnomeo and Juliet
Cast: James McAvoy, Jason Statham, Emily Blunt
Director: Kelly Asbury
Rating: G
Genre: Animation, Adventure, Comedy
Ok. Can't sleep so stupid questions rattling around in the empty space where a brain should be! I am flying to Sanford Orlando with Monarch from Gatwick. Which terminal will this be from? What desk? If I want to be first in line at the premium desk to get the seating I want how long before check in opens will I need to be there? Or can I guarantee particular seats in advance? Any recommendations as to best seats for a couple of ample proportions?
blodders,

Monarch operate out of and the South Terminal at Gatwick and Terminal A at Sanford. Check the screens on entry for the zone and desk number. It's zone K at LGW from memory. If you're on a package holiday, the rep will normally check the desk for you on the inbound flight and advise you of the desk and check-in procedure before leaving the coach. Check-in opens 4 hours before the scheduled departure time with 3 hours being the reccommended check-in time for long haul flights. Seating is personal preference as they all offer the same facilites so it's malkes little difference. You'll find aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) for the Airbus A330-200 that you'll be travelling on. If you're travelling as a couple, you may want to consider one of the pairs as the aircraft is configured 2-4-2 in premium. Details on pre-allocating seating is on Monarchs website.

Darren
Hi guys,

Anyone know which aircraft (reg) will operate ZB534 this afternoon (MAN-PMI)?
Benjamin,

It's an A321-200. The registration makes little difference as they are essentially the same inside. G-OZBF/L/M/U are operating from MAN at the moment.

Darren
We are flying to Sanford, Orlando in September with Monarch, can you ask to pay for an upgrade to Premium at the check in desk if the seats are available? I don't mean asking for a free upgrade, but actually paying for one??

Thank you
sarahcolin1998,

Premium seating is normally in demand and there are rarely any premium seats available by the time you get close to the departure date. They are normally sold weeks or even months in advance. If there are any available, for example a late cancellation, they are sometimes put on sale at check-in, but it's rare for that to happen as they're fully booked.

Darren
Anyone know why the Monarch flight 303 from Manchester to Sanford Florida is delayed today? It appears to be departing at 1pm instead of 08.30? We are on this flight in 2 weeks and I know today is the first charter of the season, with their reputation I'm already begining to worry???? :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.