Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren, we're flying next Friday 20th. I see todays flight left just over half hour late, not too bad!! Mon303, thanks
Twinkletoes,

The A330 is down to do the MAN/ACE ZB546/7 on the Thursday before your flight and is on the ground overnight.
Thanks party boy but does that mean they use the same size aircraft for both the short haul (ace) route as well as Long Haul Sanford route?? :-?
Twinkletoes,

Yes. Monarch only have one configuration on their A332's that are used for both long and short haul. Details are on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
hi daz my son fly s to ibiza on 3/6/11 from birmingham zb906 can you tell me what sort of plane is on this route please.

thanks marg
xxmargxx,

BHX-IBZ-BHX (ZB906/7) are operated by an Airbus A321-200.

Darren
many thanks for that darren still as pompt as ever!!!

marg
Hi Partyboy/Darren,

We're off to Sharm el Sheikh from London Gatwick again and it's another Monarch flight, details as follows:

Thurs 30th June 2010: MON5764 @ 1010
Thurs 07th July 2010: MON5765 @ 1735

Can you confirm that it'll be the usual A300 operating both flights and also which flight the aircraft will be operating beforehand so that we can keep an eye out for potential delays.

Thanks,

TMW9725
TMW9725,

I'm mobile at Blackpool Airport at the moment so I'll check for you when I'm back later this afternoon. It was a 757 up to 2 weeks ago, but should now be an A300.

Darren
TMW9725,

Your flight, the MON5764 LGW/SSH is indeed due to be operated on the A300-600. The aircraft is on the ground overnight before your flight and operates the ZB718/9 to Larnaca the day before.
Has anyone booked a Monarch flight through another company (ie Travel Republic) and found they could not use the online check in through the Monarch website??

Thank you
sarahcolin1998,

That's quite often the case as you won't have a booking reference for Monarch, unless you can obtain it from the agents you booked with.

Darren
A little heads up for Holidaytruthers who are traveling on the A300: Row 9 and row 31 are situated at the door areas and have an abundance of legroom (more than the extra legroom seats!), but you can pay just the fee for allocated seating without having to pay for extra legroom.

However, be warned! I am told the reason Monarch no longer apply this fee for these extra legroom seats is because the door areas can be cold. If you don't mind this though and you weren't originally thinking of paying for allocated seats then I would strongly recommend the extra cost for this extra comfort. The price of these seats will depend on the destination.

As with all seating at emergency exits with Monarch, children under the age of 16, passengers with reduced mobility and anybody who may be deemed unfit to operate an emergency exit in the event of an emergency (e.g. a nervous flier) is not allowed to sit in this area.

For more details on how you can pre-book these seats, visit the Monarch website and select the option for Seating.
Hi Daz
Flying to Palma from Manchester 7/05/11 @ 7.40am. ZB 532/533 What aircraft please?
Thanks
Hi Jeffro,
The MAN - PMI flights ZB532/533 on Tuesdays are using the Airbus A300-600, we fly the week after you on the 14 June.

Alan
Jeffro wrote:
ZB 532/533 What aircraft please?

BigAl wrote:
The MAN - PMI flights ZB532/533 on Tuesdays are using the Airbus A300-600
:tup Thanks Alan.

Darren
Thanks Big Al pity it wasn`t the same week we could have shared a couple of pints.
By the way I know the 300 is the aircraft what is the 600?
Jeffro wrote:
By the way I know the 300 is the aircraft what is the 600?

It's all part of the Airbus nomenclature for their aircraft. A300 is the aircraft type, -600 is the series. The specific aircraft model is Airbus A300B4-605R. Don't get bogged down with the numbering system though, it's complicated!

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
sarahcolin1998,

That's quite often the case as you won't have a booking reference for Monarch, unless you can obtain it from the agents you booked with.

Darren

Thanks very much Darren, will try TR for a booking number.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.