Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
jayjaya,

It's up to you really. If you want the peace of mind of pre-booking seats together, then go for it. If you aren't too fussed where you sit or want to run the risk of being seperated, then it might not be worth it to you. It's only scheduled flights you can choose your seats so as long as you arrive at the airport in plenty of time, ie before all the seats have been allocated, then you should be fine. I often find it's the return flight when you're at the mercy of the tour operator and their transfers where you sometime get split up as you could be the first or last coach to arrive.

Darren
Phew Darren that was quick.

prefer to sit together so will try and send an email to Monarch...not paying 0871 prices to phone..if am paying for sitting together....would you happen to know how long the flight time is!
Cheers J
jayjaya
I don't know whether you can do it by email. They will need your card number to reserve them.
jayjaya,

MAN-HER is 1822 miles with a flight time of 4 hours outbound and 4 hours 25 mins inbound, subject to weather and ATC on the day.

Darren
Thankyou both for your replies, as for e mailing Monarch I should explain you can add extras via their site however, the ref number I have does not get me to the next page.
Thanks once again j
Hi, I am travelling with monarch Manchester to Tenerife flight ZB568, I emailed them to confirm i would be travelling on a300 and i have booked exit rows 9 and 31, i just wondered if anybody could tell me what these rows are like for legroom etc. Any help would be great Thanks
AdamJ,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including aircraft photos and seat plans. Row 9 is by door number 2 so there's plenty of room infront to stretch your legs out. Row 31 is by door number 3 so again, there's loads of room in front.

Darren
jayjaya wrote:
Flying from Man to Heraklion in 2 weeks come Tuesday and I understand it is a charter flight can I ask if anyone can tell me if it is worth paying the extra and booking seats together. The flight was booked for us on a deal with the hotel, and even with the Avro booking number I am having difficulty booking this as an extra using Monarch online extras. Plus it says they do not let you choose seats and cannot say if the aisle is between you so wondering if it is best to just go with the flow!
Any advice would help
J :)

I'm having the same problem, I booked through Travel Republic and the flight agent is Avro and I also cannot book extra's online with Monarch. I contacted TR and they told me that Avro cannot supply a Monarch reference no, which is extremely unhelpful, as this also means you cannot check in online. I'll be ringing Monarch tomorrow, see how helpful they can be!!
Hi Sarah Colin

As you say I am in same position however, I think I am right in saying that we do not check in online unless it is a Monarch scheluded service and the Avro setup is charter flights...but I could be wrong.
I have an Avro booking reference so I surpose I can phone and arrange seating together or meals and give card details when on the phone. Looking on Avro site it says that paying for seating together could mean having an isle between you, so why pay £12 each for that!! But 4 hours is a long time not to sit next to your travel partner, if you can't locate the 0871 number let me know and I will route it out on the Avro/Monarch website.
PS Love to know how you get on if you manage to speak with airline.
Have a good holiday
J
Thank you J, that's really nice of you. We've got an 8 hour flight to Orlando, so would definitly like to make sure we sit together, I'd be quite upset if we weren't. I'm going to try and call Monarch tomorrow, as I also have an Avro booking number. We'll also just have to make sure we arrive at the airport early! Whatever happens I will post here with an update.

Hope you have a fab holiday too :cheers
Hello again J

I got through to Monarch and the lady assured me that if we get to check in as it opens (3 hours prior) then we stand about a 95% chance of being seated together (have already paid for meals in advance). I did say that as it's such a long flight, I'd be really concerned if we weren't, but she was quite reassuring. Fingers crossed!

The number I called is 0871 225 2555.

Hope you sort your seats too :)
Many thanks Sarah

Will keep my money and go with the flow. Have a good holiday.

J
Hi, Flying to Kavos on Flight MON3584 from manchester on 24/6/11, just wondered what flight the plane flys directly before ours?
Monarch 2012 summer schedule introduces Egypt

Monarch Airlines has boosted its scheduled flight offering for next year with new services to Turkey and the introduction of summer flights to Egypt.

The airline's summer 2012 schedule will operate two flights a week from Gatwick to Antalya, up to 11 flights a week from Gatwick to Dalaman, three flights a week from Gatwick to Sharm el Sheikh, up to seven flights a week from Manchester to Dalaman and two flights a week from Manchester to Sharm el Sheikh.

Monarch managing director Kevin George said: "The addition of new scheduled services to Turkey and Egypt supports Monarch's shift to focusing on scheduled flying and enables more customers to take advantage of our innovative ‘build your own class' service, which gives them the ability to tailor their flight package to their exact requirements, providing a greater sense of freedom and personalisation.

"As well as benefiting from a fantastic value fare, customers can also select from a range of optional extras such as extra legroom seating and pre-ordered meals, all of which are perfectly suited for longer flight durations such as Turkey and Egypt".

The flights are bookable until October 2012.

With permission from Travelmole
freck_t,

Welcome to Holidaytruths, the MON3584 MAN/CFU is operated by a B757-200. You can find more details on Dazbo's What Aircraft? Guide
thanks Partyboy,

what i really wanted to know though was if any knew what flight the plane did before our flight so i can see if it has arrived on time etc.
Freck_t,

My apologies. I just re-read your post. The flight the aircraft is due to operate before yours is the ZB594/5 from Manchester to Faro and return.
We're flying to Larnanca on 21st June on Monarch flight ZB648, it's the first time we've been on a scheduled flight and i've been reading stories about families been split up, if we get to the airport really early will we be ok for sitting together or not, also as we booked through Thomsons we can't book any extras like meals or extra legroom, how can we do this? I've also read about a mad rush once the flight starts to board, are you not given seat numbers when you check in? or is it a free for all. Finally are all scheduled flights always full or are they sometimes half empty.

Just read this back and realised i sound like nutter but i really have no idea....... :que
Cypruschick,

As seating is allocated, there isn't a mad rush for seats like you get with Easyjet or Ryanair so what you've heard isn't applicable to Monarch. Families aren't split up on purpose, but it does ocasionally happen. If you want peace of mind, you can select your seats with it being a scheduled flight. The seat you are allocated is the one you are sat in. It might be worth calling Monarch regarding the extras and seating although given your contract is with Thomson, it's really up to them to sort out extras for you. Load factors vary on every flight but given you're going to a popular destination, I would assume it'll be pretty full. Everytime I've flown there, there hasn't been many spare seats.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.