Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Anyone know why the Monarch flight 303 from Manchester to Sanford Florida is delayed today? It appears to be departing at 1pm instead of 08.30? We are on this flight in 2 weeks and I know today is the first charter of the season, with their reputation I'm already begining to worry???? :(
Just bumping....anyone any ideas? I see it finally departed at either 2 or 3.40pm, (can't remember) that's one longggg delay all the same :(
Twinkletoes,

Technical problem with the aircraft I'm told.

Darren
Hello Darren,

we are flying Gatwick to Dalaman on weds 11th May at 06.00hrs flight number MON 5276
can you please tell me :-
a ) what is the previous sector ?
b ) What type of aircraft ?

as I have booked extra leg room seats but these will not be allocated untill checkin.

just want to see aircraft seating plan so i know which ones to ask for !!

cheers
gregg
Gregg,

LGW-DLM-LGW (MON5276/7) are operated by an Airbus A321-200. The flight prior is ZB472/3.

Darren
Hi me and my friends are first time flyers with Monarch, we are flying gatwick to sanford on the MON349 29th september in premium cabin, can anyone tell me what we will get for flying premium with monarh as not much is explained or no pictures. also what plane will we be on?
gatwickflyer,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-SFB-LGW (MON349/8) are operated by Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Did you not look what the premium upgrade entailed before booking? It's a lot to pay without knowing what you're paying for! You are essentially paying for more legroom and slightly wider seats onboard the aircraft. Other benefits include increaed seats recline over than the economy seats with adjustable head rests. Only the premium seats have seat back IFE (economy are main screen) with complimentory headsets. The bar service is complimentory, you'll get an amenity pack and meals are upgraded including a choice of entree and superior wine. At the airport, you'll have a premium check-in desk, increased baggage allowance (30kg), priority boarding and baggage reclaim (although it doesn't always work out that way) and fast-track security.

Darren
Just to add to Darren's post there, you can see some pictures of the cabin here under A330 Premium.
Hi I am flying out on 14th July on MON1286/7 to Sharm el Sheikh from Manchester, as the flight is nearly 5 hours, I am to gather than inflight entertainment will be offered, from the list that partyboy_uk has stated before there are 4 tv programmes that will show on the outbound flight which are roughly 30 mins long so that is around 2 hours of the flight with IFE. what happens for the other 3 hours?

Thanks,
Razza923
razza923,

MAN-SSH-MAN (MON1286/7) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. IFE is via CRT screens over the isle. There'll be a gap between the programmes and it won't start until approximately 30 mins in to the flight and will be turned off just after the descent commences, 30 minutes before landing or so. The rest of the time, the screens will be blank or the programmes repeated.

Darren
I thought that MON1286/7 were operated by A300's ex MAN like you told me a couple of months ago? Monarch needs to sort there act out if they feel that repeating programmes or having a blank screen to pass the time is acceptable. rant over :tongue

Thanks.

Razza923
razza923,

I can only pass on the information showing on my screen at the time of asking although I don't know why I posted it was a 752, sorry about that as it is an A300B4-605R. Too long looking at a screen checking flights I guess :duh It's a long list so I must have missed it. You don't need to keep asking about the same flights though.

Darren
its probably been swapped from a A300 to a B757 due to the low loads as no one is going to egypt i presume? is the information taken from acarsd if you dont mind me asking?
razza923 wrote:
is the information taken from acarsd if you dont mind me asking?

No, it's taken from a copy of the aircraft schedule.

Darren
No, it's taken from a copy of the aircraft schedule.

oooh is that available online?

You don't need to keep asking abouyt the same flight though.

sorry for being so keen about my flight.
Hi
My parents are flying from Birmingham to malaga with Monarch...although they have bags booked for the hold they are to check in on line...could anyone tell us..is there a seperate kiosk for pre checked in passengers just to drop off luggage etc from the normal check in in desks or is it seperate?
Also do monarch check in all their flights together on the same desks? Last year they flew with BMI baby and they were checking in 3 flights together from the same row of desks and the ques were awfull???
Thanks for any help
Jo x
jojoxxx2001,

There'll be a designated baggage drop off desk. It'll be labelled as such over the desk. Flights can be checked-in on any desk rather than seperately. This actually means shorter queues generally than having to use an assigned one.

Darren

PS, you don't need to post on two seperate threads as many read all. This avoids duplication.
Hi Darren, Could you tell me what the flight is prior to the Mon303 that leaves Manchester for Sanford at 08.30 please? Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.