Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
anyone know why MON4362 from MAN - SSH has had departure put back from 10:40 to 17:50 4/12/10?

Thanks.
cwilmore,

Weather related I would imagine (knock-on delays) due to slippage in the schedule.

Darren
hi,im flying with my disabled partner on flight ZB 676 Manchester (MAN) Thu 16 Dec 2010 15:55 Alicante. would it be possible to know which seats we would be likely to be sitting in and any other information such as seat pitch etc would be good.many thanks.
slatey,

Welcome onboard :up

MAN-ALC-MAN (ZB676/7) are operated by an Airbus A321-200. You'll find lots of aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). It might be worth discussing your requirements with Monarch Airlines as there are medical seats available.

Darren
Just a brief review of my recent flight to/from Goa from/to Gatwick (MON2490/2491).

Outbound flight (20th November) left on time on the scheduled plane, previous route for this flight was from Manchester to Goa and back then onto Gatwick to pick us up and they substituted an alternative plane for the MAN-GOI route without Premium but we had the 'proper' plane.

Landed early.

Return flight (12th December) had a 1 hour delay when we arrived for check-in.
Apparently on the outbound flight before take-off someone was taken so ill that they had to leave the plane and of couse they had to find and offload the luggage.
It turned into a 1-and-a-half hour delay because we had to wait for one passenger who'd come out on MON2490 on 11/12 but was refused entry into India (presumably because of a visa issue) and had to collect her luggage to be loaded back onto the plane she'd come in on. :yikes

Pleasant flights both way, good cabin crew.
hi darren
just wondering if you can give an info for the mon4372 flight leaving lgw - goi thursday 23 dec 13.50pm
is it direct and what plane if poss
thanks
robbie
robbie,

LGW-GOI-LGW (MON4372/3) are operated by an Airbus A330-200 (G-EOMA), operating non-stop. However, if there's a technical problem with this aircraft, it's substituted for an A300B4-605R that operates via Bahrain (fuel stop).

Darren
Going to Goa on MON2490 on !st January,with JITC,If (hopefully a BIG if)the bad weather returns what phone number do i call to check on the flights?Thanks in anticipation. :) Paula
milliemeg,

There's normally a flight information page linked on Monarchs website when problems arise. All the information will be on there.

Darren
right thread this time :tup

hi Darren and Party boy... this is a bit vauge im afraid.. nothing booked yet but found some reasonable prices for May LGW-KGS on a weds flight [morning charter] any idea what is the normal airframe on this route ?

thanks
Brian
Wizard HT Mod wrote:
right thread this time

Sounds like you need a holiday :rofl
If you were looking at Pegasus, you'd have got a Boeing! With Monarch though, it would probably be an A321-200 depending on the particular flight.

Darren
woo hoo at last its over 3 yrs since i have been on an a series...... many thanks..will try and book it tomorrow [hope its still available ]

many thanks
Hi Partyboy UK,
Dont suppose you have the IFE listings for longhaul from Jan 11 onwards yet?
Thanks
Monarch boosts Cyprus capacity with Paphos flights

Monarch Airlines is launching scheduled flights to Paphos in Cyprus from Gatwick, Birmingham and Manchester.

The flights will operate twice weekly from May 4 on Wednesdays and Sundays and the lead in price is £70.99 including taxes and charges.

Monarch Airlines managing director Tim Jeans said: "Monarch has been operating scheduled flights to Larnaca since 2007 and already carries over 300,000 passengers to Cyprus annually.

The addition of new services to Paphos is in direct response to customer feedback and will increase the number of Monarch seats between the UK and Cyprus by 35% next summer."

With permission from Travelmole
Hi my parents are looking to book all the family on a holiday to a villa in tenerife in october flying out on monarch flight ZB 564 on the 14h October and returning on the ZB 565 on the 21st of October. My wife is pregnant with our second baby and my parents are looking to book the flights now and baby is not due until the 23rd of march, i am wondering of anyone can help me with what we put in for babys name as we don't know what we want to call him yet and don't want to incur huge name change fees. i scanned the pages of the forum but couldn't find a similar post ( i apologise if i have missed it) and i can't seem to find the information on monarchs website. Thank you in advance for any help you guys can give me.
I don't know but there is a contact form on the website.
http://www.monarch.co.uk/contact-us/flights

Last time I used it, they were pretty quick to answer.
x--curly--x,

Welcome onboard :tup
Firstly, congratulations on the forthcoming little one. It's usual that when booking flights, you contact the airline by phone to make the booking and the baby is booked under a made up christian make and correct surname. Once he/she arrives, you just need to call reservations to get the name changed and date of birth. It's important you call rather than book online so you can let them know you are booking an infact and that he/she hasn't arrived yet. That way, you wont incur any charges for the name change. It's a common thing so just give them a call, they'll sort it for you.

Darren
Hello, brand new so hope I am posting in the right place! Have found an excellent deal with Cosmos and they use Monarch Airlines for the flight to Orlando.
Has anyone done this trip with Monarch? Are the seats decent etc?
Am tempted with Thomson's as their seat pitch seems pretty decent, but they don't have the hotel I want :(

Thanks for any help
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.